Hilton Head Golf

@Barnacle, dude, thank you! And what an awesome trip. LOL about a week with the inlaws... I hear ya, brother. That can go either way. (Just like a week with one's own 'rents.)

Thanks again, and suck it, tripadvisor... (j/k, I love that site)

Mmm, booze cruise. Mmm, food. Great to know about the niece, too. We have a 2 yr old.  

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Barnacle, dude, thank you! And what an awesome trip. LOL about a week with the inlaws... I hear ya, brother. That can go either way. (Just like a week with one's own 'rents.)

Thanks again, and suck it, tripadvisor... (j/k, I love that site)

Mmm, booze cruise. Mmm, food. Great to know about the niece, too. We have a 2 yr old.  

Yeah, don't get me wrong. I love my in-laws, but good grief. I drove them their and back. All I can say is, thank God for podcasts. Otherwise, it would have been my mother-in-law narrating her facebook feed the entire way home... "did you know that so-and-so's son just turned 3!????" Kill me. 

Dude, I love tripadvisor too. I research the heck out of everything - especially vacations. Luckily, a friend of mine's family has a house down there, and so he kind of told me everything that I needed to know, especially restaurants. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

All I can say is, thank God for podcasts. Otherwise, it would have been my mother-in-law narrating her facebook feed the entire way home... "did you know that so-and-so's son just turned 3!????" Kill me. 

*searches frantically for Love button, fails, clicks Like instead*

I think you just offered a perfect observation on every grandma (and her kid) ever. Still laughing. 

12 hours ago, alexava said:

We liked it. Didn't love it. Next new place will be Tybee. 

Tybee rocks. Very laid back. Spent a week riding bikes around with PBRs in the cupholder. Didn't get in the car once. Rode on the beach, rode to the bars, rode to the beer store... 

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Tybee rocks. Very laid back. Spent a week riding bikes around with PBRs in the cupholder. Didn't get in the car once. Rode on the beach, rode to the bars, rode to the beer store... 

PBR's?? I highly doubt that

23 hours ago, alexava said:

We liked it. Didn't love it. Next new place will be Tybee. 

If you haven't checked...look at Kiawah Island, SC.  ..some very nice golf and family friendly place....daughter goes there every year with her family and we joined them for a few days last year.  

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

If you haven't checked...look at Kiawah Island, SC.  ..some very nice golf and family friendly place....daughter goes there every year with her family and we joined them for a few days last year.  

64 is correct Kiawah is great and The Ocean Course is my favorite to play there although I shot one of my best rounds ever at Osprey Point Golf Course

20 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

64 is correct Kiawah is great and The Ocean Course is my favorite to play there although I shot one of my best rounds ever at Osprey Point Golf Course

Was just talking to a co-worker about Osprey Point this morning. He's about to go play it. 

6 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Was just talking to a co-worker about Osprey Point this morning. He's about to go play it. 

Humm wonder if he could beat my score???  OP is a very enjoyable course

6 hours ago, alexava said:

Ok go ahead......what did you shoot?

Take a guess par for OP is 72 and is very playable for an average golfer. Really not that hard

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Take a guess par for OP is 72 and is very playable for an average golfer. Really not that hard

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2017 at 10:12 PM, alexava said:

Excellent guess but it was a 68....of course that was a long long time ago and belly was much flatter also hadn't had my two hip replacements

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Excellent guess but it was a 68....of course that was a long long time ago and belly was much flatter also hadn't had my two hip replacements

In my life I've had one 66. One 67. Maybe a dozen 68s. Too many 69, 70, 71s to count. It's still a big deal to break par though. 

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

In my life I've had one 66. One 67. Maybe a dozen 68s. Too many 69, 70, 71s to count. It's still a big deal to break par though. 

Those are some impressive scores alex my goal since I was 14 was always to break par of course that was not possible, so much depends on the course your playing. I do miss playing but life goes on. My best competitive round of my life was a 64 at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, CA. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Those are some impressive scores alex my goal since I was 14 was always to break par of course that was not possible, so much depends on the course your playing. I do miss playing but life goes on. My best competitive round of my life was a 64 at Mission Hills Country Club in Rancho Mirage, CA. 

I've never played any extraordinary courses. When I was a country club member I scored better from the tips with better competition than from the hack tees with hackers. I played with our head pro, his assistant and two of their buddies who played hooters tour on and off a few times. I shot  71 (72par course) with five birdies. Game was 'wolf'. I lost 108$. I was sick. Went toe to toe but unlucky as hell. I always keep score. Me vs the course. They didn't put out or even finish the hole if it wasn't relative to the wolf game. But I know none of them had any better than par in them that day. 

30 minutes ago, alexava said:

I've never played any extraordinary courses. When I was a country club member I scored better from the tips with better competition than from the hack tees with hackers. I played with our head pro, his assistant and two of their buddies who played hooters tour on and off a few times. I shot  71 (72par course) with five birdies. Game was 'wolf'. I lost 108$. I was sick. Went toe to toe but unlucky as hell. I always keep score. Me vs the course. They didn't put out or even finish the hole if it wasn't relative to the wolf game. But I know none of them had any better than par in them that day. 

Wolf is a dangerous game usually 4 players never played it with 5 if I'm counting right.

13 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wolf is a dangerous game usually 4 players never played it with 5 if I'm counting right.

Not in the class with you guys especially now...and have never been much of a gambler at golf but have been invited to play Wolf a few times....never felt I understood the game...and declined which sounds like a good decision on my part...

Archived