4_5316845.jpg

Gurley, AL (Madison Co Sch)
Athlete
Ht 5-11 Wt 186
22 offers including AU, Vols, LSU, UCLA, & USC
247 Profile
Still TBD but AU may like him on defense
From Keith's posts on the 247 BCW threads sounds like he may be on commit watch

Chatter that AU is trending up big time with ATH Tae Provens of Madison County (Ala.) ... Could play offense. Could play defense.

Just put in a Crystal Ball pick to AU for Tae Provens.

Regarding Tae Provens .... ATH all the way. Postion would be to be determined. Could play offense. Could play defense.

Sounds like Greg Brown, AU's secondary coach, likes him a lot.

If AU lands him, they would figure all that out down the road.

Could be a good NB. 

Hey there is one from my old school.  There are a couple of D1 kids that are going to be playing there next year.  Should be a good year for them.

Keel your from here? I watch them play couple times a year. It's my wife's Alma mater. I'm from North Jackson

On 6/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, lkeel75 said:

Hey there is one from my old school.  There are a couple of D1 kids that are going to be playing there next year.  Should be a good year for them.

Keel your from here? I watch them play couple times a year. It's my wife's Alma mater. I'm from North Jackson

Entering Big Cat, he was on the verge of committing. Not sure of all the details, but it sounds like at least initially he wasn't crazy about the idea of being an "athlete" -- Auburn even talked to him some about playing defense.

We'll have to dig deeper into this .... see what he thinks after some time passes.

17 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Yeah.  Went to high school at "Gurley".  Graduated from there in '93.  Haven't lived there since '94 but lots of friends still over there.  What year did your wife graduate?

On 6/5/2017 at 11:28 AM, lkeel75 said:

Yeah.  Went to high school at "Gurley".  Graduated from there in '93.  Haven't lived there since '94 but lots of friends still over there.  What year did your wife graduate?

Think she was there in 08. Her younger brothers were in 11 & 16 class I think that's right. Her brother Michael was in fire dpt there and was killed 1/2 years. Ago.

I have spoken with several people about him from around there and he is very talented athlete.  I THINK we would be looking at him as a safety.  I have heard he is a very good kid and a hard worker.  As far as SEC talent, I couldn't say for sure or not.  What I can say is MCHS was in a pretty tough 4A division last year and they did ok.  They are not a big school but they play some of the bigger 4As like North Jackson & Madison Academy.  There are a couple of kids in this class at MCHS that are very talented athletes.  I think the other one is a RB that we have talked to but I don't think it has a commitable offer at this time.

On 6/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

The has great skill but UTK has been on him pretty hard, if AU gives him a commitmentable offer he will come. But idk if we will or not. 

Looks like we will. 

On 6/10/2017 at 4:21 PM, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

The has great skill but UTK has been on him pretty hard, if AU gives him a commitmentable offer he will come. But idk if we will or not. 

He has and has had a committable offer. Problem is from his standpoint is we like him more as a DB than RB right now. He came to BCW looking to commit to AU but the us liking him more at DB part threw him off. He sees himself as a RB.

I hope we sign this guy as a DB, I think he's got talent. I'll be disappointed if he's one of our RBs because of the guys we'll have whiffed on to get there. No disrespect to Mr. Provens intended with that....

15 hours ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

He said that he liked AU's plan for him. I think they are offering him as an ATH. He will get a look at both positions.

He wasn't happy when he was initially told of AU's plan. If he commits to us in August then we will truly know he is ok with playing RB or DB since the other teams recruiting him are only recruiting him at RB.

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

As someone else has said Another one bites the dust

Not sure if this one qualifies for that. The word the past week was he may not be a take for AU.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure if this one qualifies for that. The word the past week was he may not be a take for AU.

I know just wanted to post Queen for bird

On 6/3/2017 at 8:44 AM, ellitor said:

Well,  like several players who have been CB'd to Auburn, he is going to another SEC West rival, LSU.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:46 AM, milehighfan said:

Well,  like several players who have been CB'd to Auburn, he is going to another SEC West rival, LSU.

Look up a few posts. The post you quoted became irrelevant in the past week.

A quick look at his offer list suggests that unless we have a whole bunch of those "private commitment" prospects, we'd have signed this guy if given the opportunity. I don't like losing in-state players to out of state SEC schools. I think "another one bites the dust" works pretty well here.

Archived