Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Regional Final)

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

Think Watson will take the mound for us?

Butch said Klobo or Watson last night.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, I cut my 24 hour fan allowed wallowing down to 12 hours. I'm rested, hungover, and optimistic, no matter what dumpster fire awaits. LETS DO THIS TONIGHT! WDE!

2 hours ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

I just read somewhere that UAT expects to introduce Coach Bohannon today.. I thought I heard he was going to coach through the regional. Not the case?

I believe Coach B is supposed to make it back to Tallahassee for the game.  Regardless...another classLESS move by bammer to do this on a day like this for AU baseball!

10 minutes ago, AUsome Jete said:

I believe Coach B is supposed to make it back to Tallahassee for the game.  Regardless...another classLESS move by bammer to do this on a day like this for AU baseball!

When we win tonight, will he be done or will he coach the supers?

12 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

When we win tonight, will he be done or will he coach the supers?

Likely done by putting the tea leaves together. Could be wrong though.

I've got a good feeling about tonight. This regional reminds me of 2010 but now for FSU...things looked bleak for us after the loss to clemson in 2010, then we came back and played 2 games in one day and hit a completely unexpected bomb with 2 strikes and our season on the line and ended up winning by one run. Just didn't have anything left in the tank the next day. I think we've got some gas left this time. I just got me a feeling 

15 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

If you want to get angry go read Bohannons presser. I hate Alabama

Why open yourself up to that. No desire to watch.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Butch said Klobo or Watson last night.

Guess I would have both of them ready...see how long the starter lasts....kind of a 1A and !B situation.   If the starter makes it through inning #1 we should be OK for a few innings.  The big concern is that the wheels come off in a hurry for most of the guys still left to choose from. 

And of course, it would be nice for AU batters come prepared for a slug fest.

Re: Bohannon...not going to watch it but I can imagine how he might talk would talk about this "dream job" and the beautiful new facilities, blah, blah, blah....

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess I would have both of them ready...see how long the starter lasts....kind of a 1A and !B situation.   If the starter makes it through inning #1 we should be OK for a few innings.  The big concern is that the wheels come off in a hurry for most of the guys still left to choose from. 

Re: Bohannon...not going to watch it but I can imagine how he might talk would talk about this "dream job" and the beautiful new facilities, blah, blah, blah....

Unless he gets them into the postseason in 2018 that dream job will become a nightmare in a hurry. bammers do not tolerate rebuilding very well.

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Unless he gets them into the postseason in 2018 that dream job will become a nightmare in a hurry. bammers do not tolerate rebuilding very well.

Best thing he has going for him is they will be paying his predecessor for 3 or 4 more years so expect they don't want to have three coaches on the payroll at the same time.

Expect he will  have 2 or 3 years...by which time, BT should have the AU program well settled to avoid further embarrassments like we experienced a few weeks ago.

40 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

If you want to get angry go read Bohannons presser. I hate Alabama

that was a horrible idea. why would you even put that in someone's head.

Back to what's important...our game vs. FSU.

While Klobo had a rough start to the season. He bounced back well in SEC play. In SEC games, he has pitched 16 2/3 innings in seven appearances and has a 2.16 ERA. Watson on the other hand In SEC games pitched 13 innings in 10 appearances and has a 5.54 ERA.

While 2 of Klobo's 3 starts this season scares me (all noncon games) his bounceback work vs. the SEC has me think he deserves the shot to start tonight.

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I'm sure he's excited to get the job, just wish it wasn't UAT. He has no deep ties to Auburn so of course it's a dream job to him. He'll have some nightmares too if things don't start looking up by 2019. I wish him all the luck and blessings in his personal life but I hope he never beats Auburn a single time. 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Back to what's important...our game vs. FSU.

While Klobo had a rough start to the season. He bounced back well in SEC play. In SEC games, he has pitched 16 2/3 innings in seven appearances and has a 2.16 ERA. Watson on the other hand In SEC games pitched 13 innings in 10 appearances and has a 5.54 ERA.

While 2 of Klobo's 3 starts this season scares me (all noncon games) his bounceback work vs. the SEC has me think he deserves the shot to start tonight.

Klobosits, a few years ago, was one of our starters and had a pretty good year. He's got some experience and he's. Even good before. I just wonder if he's got it in him, if he couldn't give us a great performance 

8 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Klobosits, a few years ago, was one of our starters and had a pretty good year. He's got some experience and he's. Even good before. I just wonder if he's got it in him, if he couldn't give us a great performance 

Klobo was a Juco. This is only his 2nd year at AU. He had 3 starts each of his 2 years. He was rocked in 4 of his 6 AU career starts. Not really sure what you were looking at brotha.

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Klobo was a Juco. This is only his 2nd year at AU. He had 3 starts each of his 2 years. He was rocked in 4 of his 6 AU career starts. Not really sure what you were looking at brotha.

I could've sworn he was pretty good in a few SEC starts at some point- maybe I'm thinking of someone else....

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just remembered. Don't know how I got this mixed up- that was Will Kendall who's been gone for a while. Don't know why I mixed em up 

If the pitching can just be a hole in the drain until hopefully the offense gives a 5-6 run lead, I can handle the inconsistency.  If it's mid-1 and already 2-0 FSU, that would pretty much spell doom.  Scoring first is absolutely paramount tonight.

17 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just remembered. Don't know how I got this mixed up- that was Will Kendall who's been gone for a while. Don't know why I mixed em up 

I recall Klobo had a good outing against LSU late in the year....5 innings plus and looked sharp at time when he was needed...hope that's the guy who went down to Tallahassee to play....:)

46 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

that was a horrible idea. why would you even put that in someone's head.

Lol misery loves company

You can usually tell if Klobo has his stuff very early. If he walks the first batter or gives up a hit the wheels can come off very fast for him. If not, he can give us some solid innings 

Archived