Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Regional Final)

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Sam Houston State just took a 4-3 lead on Texas Tech in the 6th. SHS is the 3 seed in Lubbock. If that holds, does that mean a likely Super Regional in Auburn with a win tonight? 

Depends on who gives the NCAA the higher bid. Seems like AU would make the better bid.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Depends on who gives the NCAA the higher bid. Seems like AU would make the better bid.

TT just got shafted on play that should have been a triple....plenty of time for TT to win but 3B pulled the runners arm off the base...to make the "tag"

I've only predicted one other game this Regional and was correct....so here it goes...Auburn 8. FSU 4.  Tigers take the lead early and keep it relatively stress-free. Blake Logan 2 run dinger the catalyst. Klobo 5 IP, 4Ks, 7 H, 3 ER.

31 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

I've only predicted one other game this Regional and was correct....so here it goes...Auburn 8. FSU 4.  Tigers take the lead early and keep it relatively stress-free. Blake Logan 2 run dinger the catalyst. Klobo 5 IP, 4Ks, 7 H, 3 ER.

I like the way you think. :)

Addendum: Throughout baseball, if a guy pitches on Friday and again on Monday, he's had two days rest. Monday then again on Friday would be three days rest. Maybe the rest of the world doesn't agree, but that's baseball. They only count the "vacant" days between outings.

Well there it is..Sam Houston State wins...

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Best thing he has going for him is they will be paying his predecessor for 3 or 4 more years so expect they don't want to have three coaches on the payroll at the same time.

Expect he will  have 2 or 3 years...by which time, BT should have the AU program well settled to avoid further embarrassments like we experienced a few weeks ago.

There are very deep pockets at bammer. They are willing to pay for winning. 

4 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

There are very deep pockets at bammer. They are willing to pay for winning. 

People at a lot of places are willing to pay for winning. Some just don't seem as ruthless about it as Bama.

15 hours ago, steeleagle said:

when was the last time Zirzow pitched? I think rust could be an issue if it has been a while...

So much for a pitcher being rusty, huh? 

It is strange a pitcher very rarely used, turns in the best performance of the tournament. 

Was it a case of a flat Auburn or a pitcher who is just part of a better pitching staff than us? Seems, its a little of both...

I don't know who was flatter. The Auburn players or Butch Thompson and his staff. It's about 50/50.

Just now, auburn4ever said:

I don't know who was flatter. The Auburn players or Butch Thompson and his staff. It's about 50/50.

Your whole stiche has gotten flat.

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

People at a lot of places are willing to pay for winning. Some just don't seem as ruthless about it as Bama.

Well there is always Davidson to pull for....a nice little academically oriented Presbyterian school that has 3 baseball scholarships to deploy.  

Gotta love that a school like that can knock off a top national seed....twice....on their opponent's field and make it to a Super....

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ruthless is a perfect description.

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

So much for a pitcher being rusty, huh? 

It is strange a pitcher very rarely used, turns in the best performance of the tournament. 

Was it a case of a flat Auburn or a pitcher who is just part of a better pitching staff than us? Seems, its a little of both...

FSU knew he was good enough. I'm not sure why he was not used often. Maybe he's just used for certain situations or he had some issues to work on before getting into the rotation.  He threw exactly the kind of pitches that AU can't hit very well. That was surely no accident.

29 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

FSU knew he was good enough. I'm not sure why he was not used often. Maybe he's just used for certain situations or he had some issues to work on before getting into the rotation.  He threw exactly the kind of pitches that AU can't hit very well. That was surely no accident.

Yep..had been established several weeks ago that hardly anyone on the AU team could handle a decent curve/ slider...and very likely FSU had held him in reserve just for us.

A team that hits the curve well would have destroyed this kid.  His fastball was ok but when they showed our strikeouts ... we weren't just missing but flailing

gotta give them credit.  They knew our kryptonite and exploited it.  The only player I can think of that you could see consciously working on his breaking ball discipline was Anthony.  Within games he would look bad one at bat and then significantly more patient the next (after midway through the season)

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Nice move a4e calling out players classy

Archived