Baseball vs. FSU Game Thread (Winner-Take-All)

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Pardon my ignorance but isn't the new head coach at bama our hitting coach? Does that in any way affect a game? Or by now our hitting is what it is?

yes...and with any luck, he won't have much success with their batters.... 

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bouncer past 3rd....could have been picked up but ball gets to LF and FSU has runners on 1st and 2nd and one out...

Still a 2-0 game...

Pivotal part of this game. 

Swinging bunt down first base line...Watson makes the play and runners advance to 2nd and 3rd...

Thompson to talk with Watson...2 outs and runners on 2nd and 3rd....need to get out of this inning with no damage...

IMO...good to see Thompson talking this over with the infield and pitcher...getting everyone settled down...

Oh man...terrible play....attempted pick off at 2nd....ball is not fielded and ball goes into lF and runner scores from 3rd.....disastrous decision to do that....freshman mistake.

Why in the hell do you do that?

bounder back to Watson...throws to first and inning over but run scores making it 3-0

I wont call Watson stupid but I will say that is about the stupidest play by a pitcher I have ever seen. Unbelieveable. For a little leaguer thats bad.

I don't think it was a bad decision. You need some momentum- looked like we would've had him, just hit the guy in the helmet and bounced away. I sum that up to crappy luck- needed some sort of spark. Maybe not do that again if we had that situation back but I don't think it was that terrible a decision.

We look weak at the plate.

Archived