Junior College and Auburn

auburn4ever

9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What does this have to do with Auburn recruiting junior college players.

What positions do you think Auburn needs to recruit Junior College players for? Personally, I see a need for a safety. Already have a DT committed. Unless Auburn misses on RBs, I cannot think of any juco needs.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or maybe a JC holder?? jk

I think we should be recruiting a top RB. Kinda like a Rudi Johnson type. Big, strong and very hard to bring down.

On June 8, 2017 at 7:13 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

At the golf course at the Marine base in Quantico they sold beer out of vending machines. Initially the machines were not locked up at night which meant all the HS kids could get beer. Also 3.2

I remember being at Auburn and someone had a contact at Ft. Benning, Columbus Ga., who could get us beer...cheap.  When my buddy realized it was 3.2% beer he turned it down...fake beer.   Fast forward 20 years, I run into the guy at a tailgate and he's drinking Miller Lite.  Isn't that about 3.2%?    Go figure.

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Did I miss something? I thought we were talking junior college recruiting. Oh well.

Such a deep subject 

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Did I miss something? I thought we were talking junior college recruiting. Oh well.

Well, that would explain a lot

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Such a deep subject 

And muddy at the bottom.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:10 AM, Mikey said:

The Airman's Club at Amarillo Air Force Base sold 3.2 beer. That's the bad news. The good news was that even a 17-year old could sit and drink in there. Bitter with the sweet, I suppose.

In the Air Force we would drink the cheapest beer they had, $90 dollars only went so far !

On 6/12/2017 at 8:41 PM, auburn4ever said:

I think we should be recruiting a top RB. Kinda like a Rudi Johnson type. Big, strong and very hard to bring down.

Yup. It's so easy to find a Rudi Johnson in Juco every year.

I never said it's easy to find another Rudi Johnson in the juco ranks. But, I'm pretty sure Rudi is not the only big RB to play juco football.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

I never said it's easy to find another Rudi Johnson in the juco ranks. But, I'm pretty sure Rudi is not the only big RB to play juco football.

My point was there is a not necessarily a top RB coming out of juco each year. 

Getting back to JUCO recruiting. What we should be looking for will depend a lot on what we think we can get from HS ranks this year and how some players develop this year.  If one or both of the Nigerian tackles develop and with Ashley coming in we could be good at OT however that is an area we might want to look at JUCO ranks. Safety is a big concern next year we need a minimum of 2 and preferably 3 safety's this year maybe 1 could be JUCO.  How does our pass rush develop this year if we are weak and we don't get the DE/Bucks we want out of HS Juco could be the route to go. Center do we think Kim can be a starter next year if not can Brahm's play Center next year. The fact that we brought in a GT at center for backup makes me think the coaches think we need to find a center.

I think the coaches will feel out JUCO players now but will need to look at players in fall practice to decide if they think they will need Juco help and where that help will be needed.

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

we could be good at OT however that is an area we might want to look at JUCO ranks.

We are looking & want to sign a juco OT in this class.

3 safety's this year maybe 1 could be JUCO.

Haven't heard of any targets so far

if we are weak and we don't get the DE/Bucks we want out of HS

Would be huge misses given the leads we have had

The fact that we brought in a GT at center for backup

That has not been determined yet. He may be a starter. Also Jalil Irvin would be the Center in the class if needed.

On 6/12/2017 at 8:41 PM, auburn4ever said:

I think while we are at it we should recruit a JUCO qb like Cam and maybe a WR like Codarelle Patterson. Then we'll be set on offense at least.

Like other Auburn fans, I'm so looking forward to seeing what Stidham can really do this fall. If he has a break out season, I believe it will be the first time that a non juco QB for Auburn has a great year. First Cam then Nick.

3 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Like other Auburn fans, I'm so looking forward to seeing what Stidham can really do this fall. If he has a break out season, I believe it will be the first time that a non juco QB for Auburn has a great year. First Cam then Nick.

Hate to break it to you but Jarrett did go to juco. He just didn't play while he was there.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Hate to break it to you but Jarrett did go to juco. He just didn't plat while he was there.

:laugh: you couldn't let him have that one?

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

:laugh: you couldn't let him have that one?

Of course not. Correcting the already virtually correct is his joy and delight.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Of course not. Correcting the already virtually correct is his joy and delight.

Kinda like unnecessary snarky comments about contributors, huh?

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Kinda like unnecessary snarky comments about contributors, huh?

I don't have a compulsion to make snarky remarks at least a dozen times a day. The unnecessary corrections now, they can be found in virtually every. single. thread.

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't have a compulsion to make snarky remarks at least a dozen times a day. The unnecessary corrections now, they can be found in virtually every. single. thread.

And your snarky comments can routinely be found following E and WDE.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

And your snarky comments can routinely be found following E and WDE.

One feels the need to correct posts that do not need correction. I think you'll find the snarky comments about the other have stopped since he stopped the uncalled for snarky comments about Gus some few weeks ago. Should the unnecessary nit-picking corrections stop, my comments about it would stop on that very day.

Archived