Junior College and Auburn

auburn4ever

What juco did Stidham play for? I know he played something like 10 games for Baylor before leaving.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What juco did Stidham play for? I know he played something like 10 games for Baylor before leaving.

never played football at juco just attended mostly online

17 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Stidham attended McLennan Community College in Waco. The school does not field a football team.

On 6/25/2017 at 10:39 AM, Mikey said:

One feels the need to correct posts that do not need correction.

If the post is not correct, as was the case in this instance, then why does it not need correction?

On 6/24/2017 at 10:10 AM, auburn4ever said:

Like other Auburn fans, I'm so looking forward to seeing what Stidham can really do this fall. If he has a break out season, I believe it will be the first time that a non juco QB for Auburn has a great year. First Cam then Nick.

You believe wrong. One doesn't have to go back all that far to find Brandon Cox, Jason Campbell, or Dameyune Craig, and all three were non-JUCO QBs for Auburn that had great years. We also had another QB by the name of Pat Sullivan who had a couple of pretty good seasons, if you remember.

6 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You believe wrong. One doesn't have to go back all that far to find Brandon Cox, Jason Campbell, or Dameyune Craig, and all three were non-JUCO QBs for Auburn that had great years. We also had another QB by the name of Pat Sullivan who had a couple of pretty good seasons, if you remember.

You forgot Travis Tidwell. :) I will now resign from my brief role as a correction freak and return to other concerns.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You forgot Travis Tidwell. :) I will now resign from my brief role as a correction freak and return to other concerns.

You got me there...I was thinking more in terms of Lloyd Nix.....but as to Jucos? ....seems that's a rather recent phenomenon to bring in Jucos or transfers.  For most of my life following football it was pretty much assumed that you lived or died with the guys you brought in from HS.

Back in the day, entrance requirements and recruitment limits to the major colleges was not that tough..... and one way or the other, if a kid could get out of HS, a coach could find a way to get him enrolled in college.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I was rather fond of Jimmy Sidle.^-^  We've had some really good QB's over the years, but recently (in the last 10 or so) we have struggled unless the QB was a juco.  But our troubles are about to be over I think.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

You got me there...I was thinking more in terms of Lloyd Nix.....but as to Jucos? ....seems that's a rather recent phenomenon to bring in Jucos or transfers.  For most of my life following football it was pretty much assumed that you lived or died with the guys you brought in from HS.

Back in the day, entrance requirements and recruitment limits to the major colleges was not that tough..... and one way or the other, if a kid could get out of HS, a coach could find a way to get him enrolled in college.

The story's I could tell

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

The story's I could tell

Too bad the memory doesn't allow it.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Too bad the memory doesn't allow it.

Oh I can remember 40 years ago or more its yesterday I have trouble with

34 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Oh I can remember 400 years ago or more its yesterday I have trouble with

fify

56 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need to sign a few juco guys. Maybe a S, DE, DB, RB or a WR.

Disagree on DE, & WR unless we miss on our HS targets. Disagree on RB & CB. Agree on S if there are any quality ones available.

27 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Slim pickens for JUCO DBs this class.

I don't care if the guy  is skinny if he can cover & pick the ball off.

17 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Image result for slim pickens

One of my all time favorites

36 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

JUCO is not that slim. I'm there's a few we could sign.

Can you provide some names?

38 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

JUCO is not that slim. I'm there's a few we could sign.

Of course there are. The question is whether any would be an upgrade over what we already have.

Archived