Patrick Suddes

aubiefifty

Patrick Suddes expected to get promotion at Auburn

Updated on June 6, 2017 at 1:37 PM Posted on June 6, 2017 at 12:40 PM

Patrick Suddes is expected to be promoted to Auburn's assistant athletic director for football.(YouTube/OrangeBloods.com)

74 shares

By Matt Zenitz

mzenitz@al.com

Auburn is expected to promote director of player personnel Patrick Suddes to assistant athletic director for football, sources told AL.com.

Considered a rising star in the personnel field, the 35-year old Suddes has been at Auburn since February 2016 after stints at Alabama, Texas and Arizona State.

"He's a guy that's very sharp, a relentless worker and very creative," Temple coach Geoff Collins, who worked with Suddes at Alabama in 2007, told AL.com recently. "I think he's a superstar. Whatever his goals are, whether it's to be at a top-10 college football program or a general manager in the NFL, wherever Patrick sets his sights, I have full confidence he's going to reach his goals. He's that special of a guy."

Meet Auburn football's behind the scenes star

"He's a guy that's very sharp, a relentless worker and very creative. I think he's a superstar. Whatever his goals are, whether it's to be at a top-10 college football program or a general manager in the NFL, wherever Patrick sets his sights, I have full confidence he's going to reach his goals. He's that special of a guy."

This will fill one of Auburn's two administrative openings, as Auburn has been in search of a new director of football operations and of someone to fill the assistant AD for football position previously held by David Gunn.

Tigers coach Gus Malzahn said last week that he hopes to have both positions filled by the end of this week.

AL.com also reported Monday that former Tigers staff Kenny Ingram is rejoining Auburn in an off-field role after two years as Cincinnati's defensive tackles coach.

Ingram was the Tigers' director of player development from 2013-14 after serving as Malzahn's defensive line coach at Arkansas State in 2012.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

"He's a guy that's very sharp, a relentless worker and very creative," Temple coach Geoff Collins, who worked with Suddes at Alabama in 2007, told AL.com recently. "I think he's a superstar. Whatever his goals are, whether it's to be at a top-10 college football program or a general manager in the NFL, wherever Patrick sets his sights, I have full confidence he's going to reach his goals. He's that special of a guy."

JJ's replacement being groomed?

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Suddes is very good. 

Could he possibly be a future AD for AUburn?

On 6/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, aubearcat said:

Certainly a possibility.

On 6/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, The Plainsman said:

How long will we be able to keep him?

As long as we continue to pay him well and keep moving him up the ladder.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, aubearcat said:

AD? No. He is a football guy. Very very good one. Ton of experience. Huge upgrade at that position. 

On 6/13/2017 at 8:33 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AD? No. He is a football guy. Very very good one. Ton of experience. Huge upgrade at that position. 

I concur with this.

Archived