Null



abw0004

Auburn Football 2017 Hype Video Thread

Recommended Posts

abw0004    628

Good morning all,

Right around this time of the year, hype videos starting rolling in for the Auburn football program.  Being a connoisseur of such videos, I wanted to start a thread for like-minded people to post videos they saw and wanted everyone else to see.  I will start it off with this video I found.  I am still waiting on Snowday Productions, A96 Productions, as well as Auburn Tigers Youtube channel to release their annual videos.  For those that are curious as what I look for in a good video: high definition is a plus, don't like slideshow videos that just show pictures, and the music is critical.  I have to get in the zone with the music, and they earn bonus points if they can match up big hits, catches, jukes, etc. with the crescendos of the song.  As I find more videos I will add to this thread, and everyone is welcome to add videos as well.  :we:

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




weagle06    59
15 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Good morning all,

Right around this time of the year, hype videos starting rolling in for the Auburn football program.  Being a connoisseur of such videos, I wanted to start a thread for like-minded people to post videos they saw and wanted everyone else to see.  I will start it off with this video I found.  I am still waiting on Snowday Productions, A96 Productions, as well as Auburn Tigers Youtube channel to release their annual videos.  For those that are curious as what I look for in a good video: high definition is a plus, don't like slideshow videos that just show pictures, and the music is critical.  I have to get in the zone with the music, and they earn bonus points if they can match up big hits, catches, jukes, etc. with the crescendos of the song.  As I find more videos I will add to this thread, and everyone is welcome to add videos as well.  :we:

 

 

I'm my opinion that video is horrible. It took 1:00 to even get anywhere then just reminds you that malzahn is a big idiot who called timeout with two seconds left to run a trick play and score a meaningless touchdown instead of just taking the whipping he just got like a real man .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abw0004    628
39 minutes ago, weagle06 said:

I'm my opinion that video is horrible. It took 1:00 to even get anywhere then just reminds you that malzahn is a big idiot who called timeout with two seconds left to run a trick play and score a meaningless touchdown instead of just taking the whipping he just got like a real man .

This thread is not for bashing our HC, just a lighthearted thread to get people pumped for this season.  Regarding the video, naturally, since I posted it, I would disagree respectfully.  I like that is shows our fall, and then the rise of the program for this year.  Like a redemption story, which is what the video is going for.  Here is another example of a fall/rise video from my favorite hype video creator, Snowday Productions:  

Obviously that season did not pan out like we hoped, but for an example of what I was talking about, it does the job.  Edit:  If you find any you like, feel free to post them.  I never will turn down watching an Auburn hype video at least once!

 

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weagle06    59
23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

This thread is not for bashing our HC, just a lighthearted thread to get people pumped for this season.  Regarding the video, naturally, since I posted it, I would disagree respectfully.  I like that is shows our fall, and then the rise of the program for this year.  Like a redemption story, which is what the video is going for.  Here is another example of a fall/rise video from my favorite hype video creator, Snowday Productions:  

Obviously that season did not pan out like we hoped, but for an example of what I was talking about, it does the job.  Edit:  If you find any you like, feel free to post them.  I never will turn down watching an Auburn hype video at least once!

 

I agree. I'm. Sucker for a good hype video and my comments were better suited in bother thread. Carry on fellas, War Eagle!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
McLoofus    3,138

The best hype video of all time was made in 2004 and I highly doubt it will ever be topped. Almost everything since- the overly dramatic, "Last of the Mohicans"-style music laid over highlights slowed down to make them seem more important than they were- has been a poor imitation of that. The best thing about it, though? It was made in the middle of the season. It was made after the LSU game, when we realized that we were one of the best teams in the country, with highlights from that season

The 2nd best video was the one that played in JHS *after* the UGA game. Totally its own thing.

Both still give me crazy goosebumps. And I don't remember a single thing about a single other Auburn hype video, unless you count all the Kick Six videos and the video of Q Groves leading the band while they played Ramma Jamma. 
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abw0004    628

f

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

The best hype video of all time was made in 2004 and I highly doubt it will ever be topped. Almost everything since- the overly dramatic, "Last of the Mohicans"-style music laid over highlights slowed down to make them seem more important than they were- has been a poor imitation of that. The best thing about it, though? It was made in the middle of the season. It was made after the LSU game, when we realized that we were one of the best teams in the country, with highlights from that season

The 2nd best video was the one that played in JHS *after* the UGA game. Totally its own thing.

Both still give me crazy goosebumps. And I don't remember a single thing about a single other Auburn hype video, unless you count all the Kick Six videos and the video of Q Groves leading the band while they played Ramma Jamma. 
 

 

There is one I have been searching for years and can't find it again.  It is one you would like with what you just described and was the first video I ever saw that got me so ridiculously pumped.  It was fan-made, and either for the 2007 season or 2008 season and the song that was synced to it was "We Takin' Over."  I loved that video so much, whenever I went into competitions myself, my ritual was to listen to that song.  If anyone remotely knows what I am talking about and can find it, please let me know.

Fun fact, Auburn was the first school to show hype videos in the stadium, along with the first school to do the walking of the players (Tiger Walk).  I just wish Auburn would start posting the marching band hype videos on Youtube again because those were always good too.  They stopped for some reason and I don't know why.  I do like that they show two football hype videos now (sometimes three).  One right before the players come out, and one with the players on the field so they can get hyped too (with the potential third being before the pregame festivities).

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUwent    160

Thinking about entrance videos, I must say I respect the people that pick the music, given how hard it must be. Since ~2006 (aside from one certain exception) there's been a large portion of the fan base griping about the song each year. Though it sucked in 2014 when they didn't even have a song. :/

One of the major problems is picking something that will pump people up but doesn't have too vulgar/controversial lyrics (that can't be edited out). For instance, since they sometimes like using music that's just came out, I'd personally love this to be used, but song is way too political.

My personal favorites are Boom in 2006, Ladies and Gentlemen in 2007-8 (guilty pleasures), and though it was the "inspiration" video, the Inception theme in 2010.

Edited by AUwent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Barnacle    957
5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

 

 

Sorry, couldn't get past the first 20 seconds. I'm not a fan of "hype" videos that begin with "remember how awful you felt last year???"

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I_M4_AU    412
11 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Sorry, couldn't get past the first 20 seconds. I'm not a fan of "hype" videos that begin with "remember how awful you felt last year???"

Agree.  And in my best a4e voice, we've had too many of these type of videos lately.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AUwent    160
3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Agree.  And in my best a4e voice, we've had too many of these type of videos lately.

Yeah, as disappointing as last year was at times, it wasn't the kind of season to even warrant that. More than enough good moments to fill a highlight video, especially when we had the SEC's top (per game) rushing offense and return 95 percent of it (which, btw, is a reason to quell worries that Stidham = Jeremy).

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lca408    60

 

On 6/7/2017 at 10:57 AM, bigbird said:

@McLoofus  Eddins hit at 1:07 is still one of my all time favorites.

Hardest hit I've ever seen in person. My view was just about the exact same angle as that highlight clip. The perfect sack. That game in 2004 is by far my favorite LSU game and one of my favorite stadium experiences of all time. And that's tough to say because I was also at the game in 1994.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weagle06    59
3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

 

I like that video. The beginning was a little strange but it had the proper amount of old highlights (including the kick six) to not be obnoxious and seem bammerish (living in the past), and really good CURRENT highlights... well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WFE12    603
5 hours ago, abw0004 said:

 

Ok...That was really good. The transitions were a nice touch. That did its job and got me pumped!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AidiAU    214
12 hours ago, abw0004 said:

 

And I LOVE this. 

That Florida play/game - one of my favorites to attend! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
abw0004    628

This one gets good around 1:38.  Apparently there is now another song dedicated to Auburn football.  To my knowledge, the first since "Tiger Walk" by T-Will back in 2010.  This song grows on you.  Enjoy!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarTiger    998
3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

This one gets good around 1:38.  Apparently there is now another song dedicated to Auburn football.  To my knowledge, the first since "Tiger Walk" by T-Will back in 2010.  This song grows on you.  Enjoy!

 

love the highlights but I couldn't "listen" to more than about 20 seconds once that noise started that some think is music.  It was AWFUL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU80cruiser    184
On 6/7/2017 at 11:35 AM, abw0004 said:

 

The video you linked is from the same person I linked just above yours but its a different song. Also D. Davis made an Auburn dedicated song a couple years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now