Basketball Had Big Cats On Campus Too

ellitor

8 elite recruits visited for Coach Person's shooting camp. Links in each player's name contains a blurb about where AU stands after the visit.

2018 5* PF EJ Montgomery
2018 4* SG Landers Nolley
2018 3* SG Diante Wood
2019 5* SF Christian Brown
2019 5* PG Ashton Hagans
2019 4* PG Kira Lewis
2019 4* PF Jaylin Williams
2020 NR SF Toneari Lane

Cannot freaking wait until our entire roster is made up of this caliber of talent!

I really really REALLY hope our staff are on Mark Sears. When I go home to Alabama I'm going to ask him or his dad and if I hear a no....well that will tell me alot to say the least

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

I really really REALLY hope our staff are on Mark Sears. When I go home to Alabama I'm going to ask him or his dad and if I hear a no....well that will tell me alot to say the least

After reading this I went out and looked him up. Assuming I found the right Mark Sears he is class of 2020 is that correct? If this is the same Kid I hope they are in his ear but a lot will depend on how much he grows and how much he improves. For his age he seems to be really good but some kids peak early and some just keep on getting better. I am assuming being from that area you have seen him play as such I would trust your judgement more that what I have been able to pull up when googling.

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

After reading this I went out and looked him up. Assuming I found the right Mark Sears he is class of 2020 is that correct? If this is the same Kid I hope they are in his ear but a lot will depend on how much he grows and how much he improves. For his age he seems to be really good but some kids peak early and some just keep on getting better. I am assuming being from that area you have seen him play as such I would trust your judgement more that what I have been able to pull up when googling.

Yes that's the correct Sears he is related to the Sears family from Russellville, Kevin, Colin, and Arron. Not sure if cole has seen him in person

Yes I've seen him play but he also goes to my church. His dad, Chad and I are friends. As soon as we see each other we always start talking Auburn football. Big Auburn fan. That's why I said if we didn't get him that would be crazy. But yeah I hope he gets taller but this kid is as skilled as they come

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yes I've seen him play but he also goes to my church. His dad, Chad and I are friends. As soon as we see each other we always start talking Auburn football. Big Auburn fan. That's why I said if we didn't get him that would be crazy. But yeah I hope he gets taller but this kid is as skilled as they come

Big AU fan or not, if the kid decides to go to a bigger baskeball school who could fault him?

17 hours ago, jared52 said:

Big AU fan or not, if the kid decides to go to a bigger baskeball school who could fault him?

I never fault a kid for going to another school. I love Auburn and I think it is one of the best all round schools out there. But there are a myriad number of reasons fro going to another school. Academics it is hard for kid to choose Auburn if an Ivy league school or a school like Stanford wants you, the field you want to go into, family loyalty if your family is an alumni of a different school, playing time, the system the school runs (most players want to go to a school that fits their skill set best), where your girlfriend or best friend is going to school. I wanted all my kids to go to Auburn but living in Texas from an economic standpoint my kids went where they had In-state tuition at schools in  Arkansas and Texas.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 5:05 PM, jared52 said:

True, but Auburn has no shot to get him if they don't pursue him. 

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

True, but Auburn has no shot to get him if they don't pursue him. 

I would certainly hope they pursue every talented player in Alabama. But to say AU would land him if they would just pursue him is a bit presumptuous since there are a lot better basketball options out there.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:45 AM, jared52 said:

I would certainly hope they pursue every talented player in Alabama. But to say AU would land him if they would just pursue him is a bit presumptuous since there are a lot better basketball options out there.

Who said that

Archived