TD Moultry

NorthGATiger

Looks like TD went and grabbed Takeo's number.  I hope he plays like Takeo.  People forget just how good he was.  Dude was a beast as a freshman!  He owned high school teammate Robert Edwards when we played UGA that year.  Met him in the hole on every play.  Man I loved watching that dude.

15 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Looks like TD went and grabbed Takeo's number.  I hope he plays like Takeo.  People forget just how good he was.  Dude was a beast as a freshman!  He owned high school teammate Robert Edwards when we played UGA that year.  Met him in the hole on every play.  Man I loved watching that dude.

Also Carl Lawson's number (sorry I had to throw that in there, he was one of my all time favorite Auburn players).  I actually think that it suits him if they are going to use him like they did Lawson in his freshmen year, or Jeff Holland.  Needs a few more pounds though.  Been waiting on TD to play for a while.  I remember when the story broke out that he got shot in the leg.

11 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Also Carl Lawson's number (sorry I had to throw that in there, he was one of my all time favorite Auburn players).  I actually think that it suits him if they are going to use him like they did Lawson in his freshmen year, or Jeff Holland.  Needs a few more pounds though.  Been waiting on TD to play for a while.  I remember when the story broke out that he got shot in the leg.

Carl Lawson is one of your all time favorite players? 

22 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Yep!

On 6/9/2017 at 1:32 PM, NorthGATiger said:

Takeo had the great combination of fierce attitude and incredible athletic ability. It's rare. If TD is like that, he will be on the field immediately.

10 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

That's crazy but I respect it 

I never said he was the only favorite I had.  But someone who went to school with the guy and followed his career closely it makes sense.  Anyone who suits up for Auburn I am a fan of really.  That is why I also support any coach of ours until they are no longer a coach at Auburn.

On 6/10/2017 at 1:06 AM, ClaytonAU said:

He's one of my all time favorite from a personality standpoint. I haven't encountered too many players who combined his work ethic with his respectful personality. I bet any coach in the country would love to have someone like him, who they could throw to the media wolves and know they'd come out smelling like a rose. 

TD has put on some great weight this off-season with the aid of a strength coach in Bham. He has done so while still not getting the same nutritional advice and intake as he will once on campus. Kid is ready to play. Is being told he is playing in the opener. Is finding our quick that the guys on campus now are not as buddy-buddy with him and just going to allow him to take their spots. Going to be some great depth and great comp at LB this year and years to come. Most exciting and talented position group we've had in more than a decade.

1 hour ago, au_bsci_04 said:

TD has put on some great weight this off-season with the aid of a strength coach in Bham. He has done so while still not getting the same nutritional advice and intake as he will once on campus. Kid is ready to play. Is being told he is playing in the opener. Is finding our quick that the guys on campus now are not as buddy-buddy with him and just going to allow him to take their spots. Going to be some great depth and great comp at LB this year and years to come. Most exciting and talented position group we've had in more than a decade.

I wonder if the guys on campus are finding out quick that he has all intentions of coming to take their spots!!

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I never said he was the only favorite I had.  But someone who went to school with the guy and followed his career closely it makes sense.  Anyone who suits up for Auburn I am a fan of really.  That is why I also support any coach of ours until they are no longer a coach at Auburn.

I get it bro. I like Carl too, just not my favorite! 

35 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Most exciting and talented position group we've had in more than a decade.

What's even more exciting is that Wide Receiver and even QB could give them a run for it.  When was the last time AU could say that about any of those 3 positions. 

On a side note... how nice is it that we have an opening game where we can confidently get some of these new guys out on the field and see how they handle he spotlight?

21 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

What's even more exciting is that Wide Receiver and even QB could give them a run for it.  When was the last time AU could say that about any of those 3 positions. 

On a side note... how nice is it that we have an opening game where we can confidently get some of these new guys out on the field and see how they handle he spotlight?

...or (dare I say) finalize our depth charts?

15 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

...or (dare I say) finalize our depth charts?

Let's hope Chip is better at that than Gus.

9 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Let's hope Chip is better at that than Gus.

I do, and many thanks for wording it so nicely.

I kind'a expected boos and hisses.

21 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I do, and many thanks for wording it so nicely.

I kind'a expected boos and hisses.

I don't think anyone disagrees that one of Gus's biggest weaknesses is figuring out his team before...say... game 3.

8 hours ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I wonder if the guys on campus are finding out quick that he has all intentions of coming to take their spots!!

Being told his initial reps will be at Buck until he learns the playbook and is more confident in the LB role. Basically pin his ears back and get the QB. Straight pass rush. Athleticism.

On 6/9/2017 at 1:49 PM, abw0004 said:

TD is going to be a true LBer. Not a "buck". 

23 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

TD is going to be a true LBer. Not a "buck". 

Are you sure?  Everywhere I have read says they will use him as an edge rusher in the buck position.  Malzahn said it as well.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Are you sure?  Everywhere I have read says they will use him as an edge rusher in the buck position.  Malzahn said it as well.

Everything I've read & seen from people connected to the program is TD will begin his AU career solely at LB. There are reports out there that say AU may look at him at Buck at a later point but all I have seen said begin at LB only.

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Everything I've read & seen from people connected to the program is TD will begin his AU career solely at LB. There are reports out there that say AU may look at him at Buck at a later point but all I have seen said begin at LB only.

Not what TD himself is saying. See my prior post. Future is def LB unless he grows out of it.

27 minutes ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Not what's TD himself is saying. 

Hmmm. He has said differently in interviews I've read. Yours is the first I've seen to be different TBH.

I would prefer him at the Buck personally with the lack of depth there & Big Cat seemingly likely to Redshirt to get bigger. but just posting what I have heard.

Archived