TD Moultry

NorthGATiger

Given the experience and talent in front of him at LB, I'll be surprised if he isn't used at Buck early in the year. Unless Paul James and Jeff Holland continue to progress as true rushers, I expect to see Moultry and Bryant getting reps as edge rushers. It's a limited role and one where a freshman can make an immediate impact, as we've seen from Groves, Gunn, McClover, Lawson, etc. in the past. 

I don't even see depth as an issue at LB. Tre Williams can play inside and out. Darrell and Monty play outside, and Deshaun plays inside. Our base set includes the nickel, which means you really only need 2 LBs at any given time. That's a two-deep with talent. Moultry could push them, but he can give reps on the edge as well. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hmmm. He has said differently in interviews I've read. Yours is the first I've seen to be different TBH.

I understand, just conveying from direct source. It has been written both ways and has seemingly changed over the course of his recruitment. Basically, he is too talented to keep off of the field but not getting on campus until summer has hurt his ability to come in and play immediately at LB.

On 6/12/2017 at 9:16 PM, au_bsci_04 said:

Being told his initial reps will be at Buck until he learns the playbook and is more confident in the LB role. Basically pin his ears back and get the QB. Straight pass rush. Athleticism.

Actually he's going to be in Coach T-Will's room but you're right in that they're going to use him like a buck - basically a blitzing linebacker.

TD will begin at LB, but you will see him rushing the qb a lot. Kid is a stud and will see a lot of PT this year.  TD will be an all time great lb at AU before his career is over if he doesn't catch the injury bug.

Well he might see some against Ga S. and most definatly against Mercer. Possibly some 3rd and 4th quarter action against Mizz and Ole Miss. 

After Ole Miss, if he has grasped some fair knowledge of the D, then I think he helps spell some LB's for the brutal LSU, aTm, Arky away games stretch. 

Home after Arky, if he has played well in those games, I think he is a go for some quality time against GA, lots of time against ULM and situationaly against bama.

Would be wonderful if he pans out well. We've had linebackers these past years who don't seem to have the physicality or it factor that is needed for the position. I've seen comparisons to Reuben foster and it looks right on the highlights. We need head hunters and he has that mentality and athletism.

Archived