When Trump fires Mueller

TexasTiger

12 hours ago, alexava said:

So they are going to fabricate evidence? 

It's way easier than that. 

Since Mueller has often been called an independent prosecutor, it means that he is starting with the premise that a crime has been committed and his job is to find the proof....not make an independent analysis.  None of this" innocent until proven guilty" crap....and yet, there has been no statement of the crime that has supposedly been committed.  Collusion in of itself is not a crime. 

So, to reach his goal of proving that a crime was committed, he can decide who to interview...and who not to interview (people who might not support his premise) ....and he can decide what questions to ask and how to phrase them to bring about a desired interpretation.  His job is not exonerate anyone...it's to prove that something illegal took place. 

That could be a bit difficult since other than collusion (which as noted, is not a crime) nobody has specified anything illegal involving DT and the Russians...which seems to have been validated by Comey's testimony that DT was never under investigation with regard to the Russians.  I expect the FBI was working hard ...off the record....but nobody wanted to suggest a crime without some really iron clad proof and apparently they did not find anything......so rather than admit that fact, they took the position that they were not "investigating" which was a sinister way to leave open the possibility that something went on but they had not bothered to look for it.  

Thus, since they haven't been able to find a real crime and are still going to get the DT administration one way or the other, they are hoping to use the Scooter Libby ploy...a dozen smart lawyers will ask a million detailed questions and eventually they will catch someone in an inconsistency that can be classified as a crime.  

Meanwhile, does anyone but me wonder why.....after Comey admitted leaking to the NYT via his Columbia U friend....why did NOBODY ask....was that the only time you leaked information to the news media while you were emplyed as FBI director?     Do you think they already knew the answer, maybe wanted to avoid him taking the 5th ...or what?   It was such an obvious follow-up that the committee should be cited for incompetence.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't think that Trump is dumb enough to fire Mueller(which he can't technically do himself).  I do believe that he is having his chronies in the media trying to cause question to the credibility of the investigation to maintain his base.  All rational Republicans and Americans alike know that Mueller will do a responsible investigation into the Russian situation and politics will not play a role.

7 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I really don't think that Trump is dumb enough to fire Mueller(which he can't technically do himself).  I do believe that he is having his chronies in the media trying to cause question to the credibility of the investigation to maintain his base.  All rational Republicans and Americans alike know that Mueller will do a responsible investigation into the Russian situation and politics will not play a role.

I guess that is your definition....but certainly not mine.   Mueller is loading his staff with Clinton and Obama cronies and financial supporters.  The odds of them all of a sudden becoming apolitical is about zero.  .Mueller was Comey's mentor and now he's supposed to conduct an investigation where his protege is a major factor?  JMO but very little about this investigation will not be political.  .

But I agree...nobody is going to get fired that does not deserve to get fired based on performance.  It will be interesting to see how much about  the investigation gets leaked to favored folks at NYT.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I guess that is your definition....but certainly not mine.   Mueller is loading his staff with Clinton and Obama cronies and financial supporters.  The odds of them all of a sudden becoming apolitical is about zero.  .Mueller was Comey's mentor and now he's supposed to conduct an investigation where his protege is a major factor?  JMO but very little about this investigation will not be political.  .

But I agree...nobody is going to get fired that does not deserve to get fired based on performance.  It will be interesting to see how much about  the investigation gets leaked to favored folks at NYT.

Like I said all rational Republicans, not those who live off of conspiracy theories and think that individuals who have been career professionals all their lives will not continue to be professional in this investigation.  Mueller was given the thumbs up from all when selected including Newt....but when ordered to raise doubt he is a good servant.  

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I guess that is your definition....but certainly not mine.   Mueller is loading his staff with Clinton and Obama cronies and financial supporters.  The odds of them all of a sudden becoming apolitical is about zero.  .Mueller was Comey's mentor and now he's supposed to conduct an investigation where his protege is a major factor?  JMO but very little about this investigation will not be political. 

Fascinating

I'd be careful about toeing the latest Trump line.  It's liable to change.

The fun part for me is all the supposed Russian hacking was under Obama's admin. Ever vigilant!

3 hours ago, WDavE said:

The fun part for me is all the supposed Russian hacking was under Obama's admin. Ever vigilant!

What non-patriots find fun is always insightful.

5 hours ago, WDavE said:

They were sanctioned for it. Then told by Flynn to not sweat the sanctions, the new admin would immediately drop them. And you wonder why there is an investigation?

18 minutes ago, alexava said:

They were sanctioned for it. Then told by Flynn to not sweat the sanctions, the new admin would immediately drop them. And you wonder why there is an investigation?

LOL!

This whole scenario is based on the company that serviced the DNC server saying that they were hacked and hacked by the Russians. No United States government agency every got to examine the servers themselves. The same company that ignored the FBI warnings of intrusions into their systems by the way.

You must have missed this also.....

President Obama has been forced to admit that Russia did not hack the U.S. elections as is being widely reported in the mainstream media. During an interview with the Daily Show’s Trevor Noah, Barack Obama denounced the conspiracy theory that Russians tampered with the American voting process.

“We were frankly more concerned in the run up to the election to the possibilities of vote tampering, which we did not see evidence of,” he admitted. “And we’re confident that we can guard against.”

BB.com reports:

Obama downplayed the hack of a private email account of Clinton campaign chief John Podesta, defending his administration for revealing in October that the Russian government was connected.

“None of this should be a big surprise,” Obama said, “Russia trying to influence our elections dates back to the Soviet Union.”

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

You are delusional.

It no longer matters how and why Trump got elected.

Another losing stance. Carry on.

9 hours ago, auburnphan said:

I truly hope he does, but as proven in the links posted, your statement is incorrect. And BTW, with a bit of research you can see there are plenty more rational people questioning this investigation. 

8 hours ago, WDavE said:

Why is this fun for you?  Was 9/11 fun for you too because it was the Bush administration?   Get some help.....the damaging of our American ideals should not be fun for any American.   This is incredibly disturbing to know that people think like this.  You sir are not a patriot, but a disgrace.

10 hours ago, WDavE said:

You would think Russian attempts to hack and hacking have been going on for some time. Even Pre-President Trump.Certainly we the return the deed. President Trump should fire him and put an end to the "witch hunt", or ramp it up. Beginning to wear on everyone.

18 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

What non-patriots find fun is always insightful.

I think your a tad confused my friend. I am a veteran myself and lost my dad in Vietnam on his third tour there. He also served in Korea. Two of sons are in the service now  and both have top secret clearances as did their dad (me) who was in crypto and a mobile communication flight.

I find it amusing that all of this investigation has been brought on nothing but rumor and innuendo. Seven months later there has been multiple testimony by heads of intelligence agencies that there is no evidence of collusion by Trump or his staff. Yesterday, for example was all about Sessions being at a get together and there was a Russian present. The Horror! You don't find it funny that Comey tells the senate panel he can't testify about certain things and gets a pass and Sessions and other Intelligence officials get called out for stonewalling? Lynch got multiple passes doing the exact same thing when she testified in front of the senate.

Comey was appointed by Obama and is a registered democrat and had suspicions about Lynch and the Clinton's. Where is his notes on his thoughts? Can you say agenda? Looking at the timeline of the leaks to the press. My guess is was him. He gets fired and then they suddenly stop. Remember, the source always mentioned the source as a unnamed high ranking FBI agent. That would be him.....The highest of high

Comey even testified the FBI never physically looked at the servers supposedly hacked by the Russians. So, this is all based on what? The company being paid to service the servers saying it was them?

Add to this is Obama even knew about intrusions and even publicly stated that the elections were not altered.

I have never cared what the rules where about anything. I do take exception when they are not the same for everyone.

Continue now being a Lib. Find another reason for my unpatriotic behavior!

15 minutes ago, WDavE said:

I think your a tad confused my friend. I am a veteran myself and lost my dad in Vietnam on his third tour there. He also served in Korea. Two of sons are in the service now  and both have top secret clearances as did their dad (me) who was in crypto and a mobile communication flight.

I find it amusing that all of this investigation has been brought on nothing but rumor and innuendo. Seven months later there has been multiple testimony by heads of intelligence agencies that there is no evidence of collusion by Trump or his staff. Yesterday, for example was all about Sessions being at a get together and there was a Russian present. The Horror! You don't find it funny that Comey tells the senate panel he can't testify about certain things and gets a pass and Sessions and other Intelligence officials get called out for stonewalling? Lynch got multiple passes doing the exact same thing when she testified in front of the senate.

Comey was appointed by Obama and is a registered democrat and had suspicions about Lynch and the Clinton's. Where is his notes on his thoughts? Can you say agenda? Looking at the timeline of the leaks to the press. My guess is was him. He gets fired and then they suddenly stop. Remember, the source always mentioned the source as a unnamed high ranking FBI agent. That would be him.....The highest of high

Comey even testified the FBI never physically looked at the servers supposedly hacked by the Russians. So, this is all based on what? The company being paid to service the servers saying it was them?

Add to this is Obama even knew about intrusions and even publicly stated that the elections were not altered.

I have never cared what the rules where about anything. I do take exception when they are not the same for everyone.

Continue now being a Lib. Find another reason for my unpatriotic behavior!

Thanks for your service. I won't list others who served whose later  behavior was against the interest of our country, but it's a long list. Doesn't give anyone a pass on future behavior. Your attitude and mindset is hardly patriotic, imo.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Thanks for your service. I won't list others who served whose later  behavior was against the interest of our country, but it's a long list. Doesn't give anyone a pass on future behavior. Your attitude and mindset is hardly patriotic, imo.

What an asinine comment.....and who gave you the right to decide what is "patriotic"?     We see some dumb stuff on here but this goes right to the top of the list. smh

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Don't thank me I was getting drafted. Thank my dad and my two sons who did it to serve the country that they love.

Anyone who is indifferent to the Russian interference - especially due to partisanship - is not being patriotic.

That includes Trump.

That is TT's point and it's correct.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Anyone who is indifferent to the Russian interference - especially due to partisanship - is not being patriotic.

That includes Trump.

That is TT's point and it's correct.

But the former president said there was none....

What was the AG questioned about? Collusion or Russian interference? I must have missed something having watched the whole thing.

What was Comey's testimony about? Russian inference or obstruction? The special prosecutor is investigating what? Russian Hacking?

This all reminds me of the grade school game that you lower your line and hook over a wall and then pull it up to see what you caught.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

What an asinine comment.....and who gave you the right to decide what is "patriotic"?     We see some dumb stuff on here but this goes right to the top of the list. smh

I said IMO. We all have opinions. You don't?

23 minutes ago, WDavE said:

But the former president said there was none....

What was the AG questioned about? Collusion or Russian interference? I must have missed something having watched the whole thing.

What was Comey's testimony about? Russian inference or obstruction? The special prosecutor is investigating what? Russian Hacking?

This all reminds me of the grade school game that you lower your line and hook over a wall and then pull it up to see what you caught.

If that was supposed to refute anything I said, it was a total fail.

It might help if addressed on what I actually said instead instead of riffing on it. 

Archived