When Trump fires Mueller

TexasTiger

2 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Come on 64, it's all they've got....it's their religion....Hillary was going to be their 2nd, 1st ....and Trump and those pesky kids ruined it...

Another ❄️. Think how funny it will be if the investigation shows Trump is just an upstanding guy!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW..big surprise...Mueller team has been on the job for maybe a week and already leaking to the WAPO. 

So much for the idea of an apolitical and honest investigation.

The swamp snakes in Washington DC makes the pythons in the Everglades look harmless by comparison. 

29 minutes ago, AU64 said:

WOW..big surprise...Mueller team has been on the job for maybe a week and already leaking to the WAPO. 

The swamp snakes in Washington DC makes the pythons in the Everglades look harmless by comparison. 

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if this was a strategic leak, taking out a**hole insurance on Trump. They might be expecting him to retaliate so they are making the cost of that higher by making this information public. There is no way now to push for removing Mueller without making the action a clear and obvious escalation of obstruction of justice. That could force the hand of Republicans in Congress to approve passage of a independent prosecutor and rehire Mueller.

57 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Spot on. Now we learn that not only are Mueller and Comey long time friends but have taken family vacations together. If this was the situation where a Dem was being investigated ihey would be screaming bloody Mary.

41 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if this was a strategic leak, taking out a**hole insurance on Trump. They might be expecting him to retaliate so they are making the cost of that higher by making this information public. There is no way now to push for removing Mueller without making the action a clear and obvious escalation of obstruction of justice. That could force the hand of Republicans in Congress to approve passage of a independent prosecutor and rehire Mueller.

Strategic leak?   and that makes it OK? 

You could be right....but don't think there was ever a chance of DT to fire him...And ....since the Russia probe that has been going on for most of a year was going nowhere...it became necessary to find some other transgression to pursue. 

So I notice by your use of the term "prosecutor" that it is a given that a crime has been committed.   Normally we investigate to find if a crime has been committed, and then if there is sufficient evidence.....the a "prosecutor" is appointed to take the case to trial.   You know....innocent until proven otherwise.

But in this case, since so many people have decided ....before the investigation....on the bases of nothing....that a crime has been committed, we will reverse the process....we are going to prosecute the guy for something....collusion, contact with Russia, obstruction of justice and hope we can find something the appears to be a crime.   But of course, at this point there is not even a minor bit of evidence to support that there has been a criminal act ....so RM and staff will be shopping around to see if they can find  crime somewhere...maybe pressuring people into doing something stupid or illegal.

With all the leaking going on...surely you gotta figure if there were "facts" to support evidence of a crime, someone (probably Comey) would have called his friends at WAPO or NYT.

Should be interesting.

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Evidence that the Mueller team is "leaking"?  WaPo did not identify its sources, but said there were more than one.

Leaks regarding an obstruction of justice investigation could have come from witnesses Mueller's team has talked to or asked to talk to, family/friends with whom those witnesses talked, legal counsels of those witnesses, and/or the staffs of those legal counsels.  In fact, I'd say it's more likely that such sources might talk to journalists than law enforcement professionals within the FBI/Mueller staff.

1 hour ago, quietfan said:

Evidence that the Mueller team is "leaking"?  WaPo did not identify its sources, but said there were more than one.

Leaks regarding an obstruction of justice investigation could have come from witnesses Mueller's team has talked to or asked to talk to, family/friends with whom those witnesses talked, legal counsels of those witnesses, and/or the staffs of those legal counsels.  In fact, I'd say it's more likely that such sources might talk to journalists than law enforcement professionals within the FBI/Mueller staff.

Probably a CYA for the writers....though I guess that's a possibility ...so wonder if Mueller will make any attempt to stem the leaks ? 

Still betting this is from the "team"...but then again, thought it was interesting that during an interview, one WAPO writer took some care to suggest that readers should not fully trust the story.   Guess after being bitten several times lately with false or inaccurate "leaked information" they might finally be exercising a bit of skepticism...though they seem willing to run with unattributed stories.  

Don't think I saw they usual disclaimer....:we contacted Mr. Mueller's office for confirmation but they did not return our call" .... Back in the day when real journalist existed, there was usually an attempt made to get confirmation...or a "no comment" from an authoritative source.  but nobody bothers with that any more.

It is still accepted standard journalistic practice to confirm any "anonymous" source via a second route before publishing such.  Hence the Washington Post's assurance that they had more than one source.

22 hours ago, homersapien said:

That certainly didn't help to rectify your "bat crazy, partisan lunatic" image.  <_<

LOL at you calling someone partisan. That is classic homes. :lmao:

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL at you calling someone partisan. That is classic homes. :lmao:

To be accurate, I didn't call Japan a partisan. I said most of his post sounded like it came from a bat s*** crazy partisan lunatic enamored with his own prose.  I even included an example.

As for me being partisan, sure, I'll admit that.  But I've never posted such a foaming at the mouth, delusional rant.  And I sure as hell wouldn't side with the Russians against the US for partisan political reasons!

Ya'll just don't like me because I call your idiocy out.  

17 hours ago, homersapien said:

To be accurate, I didn't call Japan a partisan. I said most of his post sounded like it came from a bat s*** crazy partisan lunatic enamored with his own prose.  I even included an example.

As for me being partisan, sure, I'll admit that.  But I've never posted such a foaming at the mouth, delusional rant.  And I sure as hell wouldn't side with the Russians against the US for partisan political reasons!

Ya'll just don't like me because I call your idiocy out.  

If true I stand corrected.

Ok that is likely a bit too much to stomach, so in the interest of time, I will pass.

I can't speak for the forum, but I personally like you. I think you are oftentimes wrong or simply fail to consider and alternative viewpoint. That's where I come in. Keeps me busy. ;)

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

If true I stand corrected.

Ok that is likely a bit too much to stomach, so in the interest of time, I will pass.

I can't speak for the forum, but I personally like you. I think you are oftentimes wrong or simply fail to consider and alternative viewpoint. That's where I come in. Keeps me busy. ;)

What do you mean "if true"?  Go back and read it.

Whether or not you "like" me is irrelevent to the argument.  Read the post, respond to the post.

I welcome rational arguments against my stated positions.

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What do you mean "if true"?  Go back and read it.

Whether or not you "like" me is irrelevent to the argument.  Read the post, respond to the post.

I welcome rational arguments against my stated positions.

Since you asked, I went back and read it.

Given you were speaking to him about what he stated, one could easily conclude you called him a bat-crazy partisan lunatic. Your argument could be construed as weaseling. 

18 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Since you asked, I went back and read it.

Given you were speaking to him about what he stated, one could easily conclude you called him a bat-crazy partisan lunatic. Your argument could be construed as weaseling. 

No, I distinctly said "his post sounded like.."   And it did.  Own it.

You are the one who is weaseling.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, I distinctly said "his post sounded like.."   And it did.  Own it.

You are the one who is weaseling.

:homer:

Archived