Vacation to Badlands

lost

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Great pics and thanks. Book a trip to the Badlands myself if gets us away from the toothless jolly-reds for a bit. Few places left that they have yet contaminated.

Ain't that the truth

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Consider the entire portfolio "liked."

Was the cruise in the same trip?

Epic stuff.

No sir...  We went on the cruise a few years ago.  Just thought i would give the forum a good look at the wife and i.  34 years of marriage together come August 21st.  I sure do love that Girl!!

2 minutes ago, lost said:

No sir...  We went on the cruise a few years ago.  Just thought i would give the forum a good look at the wife and i.  34 years of marriage together come August 21st.  I sure do love that Girl!!

Congratulations. That's great to hear. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 11:50 AM, lost said:

My wife and I are headed for the badlands of South Dakota this weekend June 16th.  Just wondering how many have made the trip up there and how you enjoyed it.  I plan on sharing some pictures of Mt Rushmore, Devils Towers, Custer's State Park and Little Big Horn with all when we get back.....

What were the best sights that you saw? We are headed that way in early September to visit some of the same locations, but will also visit Yellowstone, Jackson Hole , Grand Tetons and Flaming Gorge. Any advice about the trip? Any "do's" and "dont's"?

18 hours ago, PUB78 said:

What were the best sights that you saw? We are headed that way in early September to visit some of the same locations, but will also visit Yellowstone, Jackson Hole , Grand Tetons and Flaming Gorge. Any advice about the trip? Any "do's" and "dont's"?

Weather should be awesome and crowds should be small.  Lodging prices should be good to for that time.  Use trip advisor... I got a lot of good information for my trip through it...  I would do badlands , Rushmore and Custer Park for sure.  All that is around the Rapid City area.  If you are driving on your vacation and coming from Souix Falls 1st.. stop and see the falls there at Souix falls.. and check the rest area at Chamberlain S Dakota.... on I-90  Beautiful spot.... I would make the trip up to devils towers... , Little big horn was a have to for me-- i am a cherokee indian and and History was my Minor.  I also swung down before i left the area there in deadwood after seeing wild bill and calamity jane's grave and saw the Wounded Knee site...

Archived