Gunman fires on Alexandria park during GOP baseball practice; lawmaker Scalise among wounded

AUDub

7 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

After Kathy Griffin and the mock Trump beheading, the shakespeare in the park play depicting the assassination of Trum and the first lady, Chuck schumer's mocking the president etc...all just hammering away with this hate, now this?...its hard to see it happens from both sides. But you are totally correct in that it does need to stop from both sides...

Hard for you to see, perhaps. Clearly only certain things register.

"As with any violent crime, the blame for the shooting of Congressman Steve Scalise and others rests squarely on the shoulders of the man who pulled the trigger. He made the decision to pick up a gun and shoot people because he didn’t like their politics. Those who are seeking to place blame wholly on one side of the political debate should be prepared to get beaten with that stick themselves because one of the crazies on the right might be the next one to get triggered."

http://www.redstate.com/jimjamitis/2017/06/14/careful-placing-blame-todays-shooting-anyone-perpetrator/

4 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

People get ugly when they feel they have been ugly to. People see that members of their own party they follow were attacked with a gun by a supporter of the opposing party. Its sad that it escalates, but I would not expect much different from either side in the same situation.  Not justifying it or trying to make an excuse for it. It just is what it is..

They do. Part of being a rational adult is moving beyond such pettiness though. 

1 minute ago, Bigbens42 said:

They do. Part of being a rational adult is moving beyond such pettiness though. 

Would be nice...........don't think it will happen 

8 hours ago, auburnphan said:

not exactly, but who cares right now....my point was the current situation and this s*** needs to stop from both sides.

Totally agree with you.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Oh the short memories we have.  The I can remember the vicious "hate" for Bill Clinton.  Let's not pretend this escalation of tensions between political factions in this country can be laid at the feet of only one side.  That's naive or dishonest.

Agree with you to an extent.  There was some "hate" directed toward Clinton, but not at all the same amount as directed toward "W". The internet did become more accessible during 2001-2009 than it was in 1993-2001.

6 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Agree with you to an extent.  There was some "hate" directed toward Clinton, but not at all the same amount as directed toward "W". The internet did become more accessible during 2001-2009 than it was in 1993-2001.

Clinton lied about sex, Dubya got us into pointless never ending wars sinking our country in debt and costing thousands of American lives. Clinton was accused of being a serial killer.

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

So you are implying that if this happened on a stage in NY or in Central Park...people would think it was OK....and would probably even laugh?   

C'mon....stupid people do stupid things all the time but I'm betting no big city newspaper thought this incident was an acceptable expression of someone's First Amendment rights.

I'm confused.  

Are you saying hanging Obama in effigy is equivalent to presenting "The Tragedy of Julius Ceasar" in a contemporary format?

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Clinton lied about sex, Dubya got us into pointless never ending wars sinking our country in debt and costing thousands of American lives. Clinton was accused of being a serial killer.

I don't remember Clinton being accused of being a serial killer, but several people who were associated with them seemed to mysteriously turn up dead.

“Why do we have a Second Amendment? It’s not to shoot deer. It’s to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!”

— Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), on Twitter, June 23, 2016.

I was listening to radio on my morning drive when I heard comments from an interview with a neighbor of the gunman. They described him as a seemingly sane man, but an angry man. He was described as fueled by MSM and hate filled partisan rhetoric. They had absolutely no doubt the man actually thought he was doing what his chat room friends and faithful followers of MSM wanted him to do. So so sad.

God Bless America

On 6/14/2017 at 10:50 AM, auburnphan said:

not exactly, but who cares right now....my point was the current situation and this s*** needs to stop from both sides.

Only one side is espousing hate: The left.

Read twitter lately?  Yeah, someone went and did a search and found 12,000 posts calling for the assassination of Trump.  I see this crap everyday on there: tons of ANTIFA SJW millennials calling for violence, revolution, blood in the streets, and the killing of political enemies.  This is the mainstream left today and you pathetic thugs own it. I blame it on you and people like you. 

9 hours ago, homersapien said:

Good grief. 

Ain't that the truth. 78 and AcUmen displaying the exact sort of idiocy I've been railing against. Using this to further the divide. Guess it was inevitable.

There is more hatred from the left because the president is in the right. Under Obama, all of the hatred and threat were coming from the right. Difference here is, Trump's personality and action warrant anger. Hell, I think his main goal is to anger people. 

17 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Only one side is espousing hate: The left.

Read twitter lately?  Yeah, someone went and did a search and found 12,000 posts calling for the assassination of Trump.  I see this crap everyday on there: tons of ANTIFA SJW millennials calling for violence, revolution, blood in the streets, and the killing of political enemies.  This is the mainstream left today and you pathetic thugs own it. I blame it on you and people like you. 

"Mainstream" conservative:

:-\

Image result for Seattle stabbings photo

8 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Ain't that the truth. 78 and AcUmen displaying the exact sort of idiocy I've been railing against. Using this to further the divide. Guess it was inevitable.

That's great!   Blast me for relaying an interview.  You start a thread indicting the media, but discount the gunman's neighbor for indicting the media? How does that work?

Just please tell me you are not among those quietly cheering on your favorite MSM channel to continue with this needless assault. You know, that which is truly dividing us.

And no question there is idiocy on display. Thanks.

51 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That's great!   Blast me for relaying an interview.  You start a thread indicting the media, but discount the gunman's neighbor for indicting the media? How does that work?

Just please tell me you are not among those quietly cheering on your favorite MSM channel to continue with this needless assault. You know, that which is truly dividing us.

Did you even bother to read your American Thinker link? 

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Did you even bother to read your American Thinker link? 

Yes of course. It set up the neighbor's story and if you read the entire piece even corroborates the shooter's train of thought as did the USA Today piece.

Where are you leading Ben?

6 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

"relaying an interview"  :-\

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"relaying an interview"  :-\

You somehow saw it differently?

Archived