Some sobering news tonight regarding one of our regulars

AUDub

I'm sure some of you have noticed the conspicuous absence of one of our regulars, Steven (telling tiger). I had figured he was taking one of his extended breaks post election, as was his wont. 

Elle sent me a message tonight, having gotten in touch with his family, and he has passed on.

He was an exceptional man, and just to let everyone that only interacted with him sparsely see a reflection of that, I'll share a message he sent to me the night my brother died a few years back:

"You seem like an exceptionally kind and loving man. My family and I will keep you in our thoughts. We've all experienced loss and it is never an easy road to walk.

WE love you, best wishes my friend and know we are thinking about you and your family...

Peace to you,my friend,

Steven"

We had a nice, long discussion after that. You couldn't ask for a kinder individual, or a better friend. 

If everyone could spare a thought or prayer for him, his friends and his family.

tt and I had a long relationship from AE days with our love of music and dogs over 8 years now. My heart is sadden by this news. I knew he was very sick but it is a lost that hurts and yes I am a conservative. I have tears in my eyes and heart and a sadden heart and can't stop crying. I have been to enough furerals  in my life.

He was special but was always respective of my views.

This just sucks

WDE tt and Heidi says RIP

Like Golf, TT and I met on AE.  One of the best wordsmith I have ever known, He was always there with a joke or a shoulder. Always asked about my family and genuinely just cared about everyone. He was a good friend. We rarely saw eye to eye with politics, but were kindred spirits in every other aspect. I remember all the laughs and fun we had in the Asylum.

RIP, my friend.

Not the news I wanted to get tonight. We traded many PMs regarding music, and he even invited me to come visit prior to his sudden absence. From what I could tell, he was a great guy and he will be missed. 

RIP. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Like Golf, TT and I met on AE.  One of the best wordsmith I have ever known, He was always there with a joke or a shoulder. Always asked about my family and genuinely just cared about everyone. He was a good friend. We rarely saw eye to eye with politics, but were kindred spirits in every other aspect. I remember all the laughs and fun we had in the Asylum.

RIP, my friend.

well said bird......

Ben, I assumed the election is what created his absence too. I have thought of him many times before now. I will even more now. I didn't realize he was sick. 

Today's going to be a rough one. Mrs. Loof and I had a solid cry about this this morning. Choked up again on the way to work. Won't be the last time. As I told Shocks, I tried to prepare myself for this but failed. 

Happy to see most of my favorite people around here remembering him so fondly and articulately. If I were to really get into what that guy means to me, I'm not sure if I could find a place to stop.

One thing I can say about the man: when he asked you how you were doing, you had better have a real answer, because he wanted to know how you were really doing. "Doing alright for a Monday" wasn't going to cut it. As y'all said, he genuinely cared and he always had time. He'd probe and probe until you were talking about things that you couldn't even tell some of your closest friends and loved ones. And it's not like he was some shut-in desperate for human interaction. There was already a lot of love in his world, but he always had room for more. He always had room for me. 

We all know that he was an intensely private guy, but if anyone feels comfortable IMing me any details on a memorial service, or even somewhere we can send flowers or make a donation, I'd be very grateful. 

I wish I could've given you a hug, TT. I love you. I can't imagine the grief your family is going through right now, but you loved them and left them safe. You did a really, really good job. 

Wow. This thread is really touching, and a reason why I enjoy this place so much. I never got to know TT, and now I'm certain that I missed out. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, but also to my friends here, who I can see are feeling the weight of this loss. 

I'm sorry to hear this.  We didn't end up interacting a lot, but he seemed like a good fellow.  I'm very sorry for your loss, all of those who knew him better.

Might be a good idea to put this in "all things considered " too. May be missed by some who don't do politics. 

This is a tough one for me personally because our relationship somewhat ended on a bad note due to a simple misunderstanding in the political realm. It is times like these that you truly hate that unfortunate circumstance. Having said that, I did always appreciate his love and knowledge of music. It was impressive. RIP brother and prayers to the family.

I never got to  know this fine person but from seeing the comments from people on all sides of the political spectrum  I missed knowing a great caring person. RIP and know that my prayers are being sent for him and his family.

Great guy. No other words needed in that regard.

Some of you know he and I were close. He was a true friend dating back to the original Asylum days at AE, and we became close. There's a 2,000+ page, multi year PM between us that means alot to me.

He was crushed when I told him the news of my dad being diagnosed with ALS. His concern then, and always, was genuine. If/when he told you he cared, he meant it. He could be heavy handed at times, but he could make you love it. We talked on here nearly every day. I've rarely come here since I found out he was ill. It just wasn't the same. 

My Dad passed away a week ago today after a year-long struggle that progressed far too rapidly. TT worried how his eventual passing would effect me. I've had time to cope with the reality of not speaking with TT everyday, but I can't help but deeply miss his shoulder to cry on and his genuine heartfelt concern. I miss him.

18 hours ago, EagleFlight34 said:

Great guy. No other words needed in that regard.

Some of you know he and I were close. He was a true friend dating back to the original Asylum days at AE, and we became close. There's a 2,000+ page, multi year PM between us that means alot to me.

He was crushed when I told him the news of my dad being diagnosed with ALS. His concern then, and always, was genuine. If/when he told you he cared, he meant it. He could be heavy handed at times, but he could make you love it. We talked on here nearly every day. I've rarely come here since I found out he was ill. It just wasn't the same. 

My Dad passed away a week ago today after a year-long struggle that progressed far too rapidly. TT worried how his eventual passing would effect me. I've had time to cope with the reality of not speaking with TT everyday, but I can't help but deeply miss his shoulder to cry on and his genuine heartfelt concern. I miss him.

Well said 34 not enough likes

One of the first private messages I received from a person on this board was from him, he told me don't stop telling the truth and don't sink to a certain level.....I really really wish I wasn't reading this.....I think I may spend the rest of the night reading our interactions. I don't think my pm's will go back that far.....man. At times when I felt on here nobody understands he was a person that if nothing else viewed things from all perspectives.....this really hurts dude, can't believe it. This isn't something you think about or prepare for

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

... he was a person that if nothing else viewed things from all perspectives.....

One of his best qualities for sure. 

One of his favorites

Has been an experience to read all of the posts. 

I don't do much in the way of PM's but nice to see how so many people on here had connected with TT in a personal way beyond the short back and forth messages that usually make up the forum.

He was obviously a special and diverse person  based on the wide variety of people and opinions that he incorporated into his life.  TT impacted many people on this forum who are now feeling his loss in deeply personal ways.   My condolences to all of you. War Eagle to this family and RIP to TT 

Archived