Carlee Wallace granted release

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm hearing Lobo's

As in New Mexico? I get moving closer to home, but you'd think she'd be able to find a better team than that, right? Plus, UNM has an all-conference catcher returning for her senior year. It would seem that Carlee would have to have big ties to players or coaches on that team to go there, which I guess could be the case. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Freak said:

Yes, Lobos is a joke.

Not exactly....the comment might be a joke..but the Lobos are quite serious....just ask Golf.

A long ago Auburn friend of mine....Rudy Davalos ....coached on the AU basketball staff in the 60s and later went to NM and put their programs on the map and is a legend in their Athletic program.  Don't make fun of the Lobos.  .:angry:

Apparently some posters don't know about Golf and the mighty Lobos. :bow:

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Not exactly....the comment might be a joke..but the Lobos are quite serious....just ask Golf.

A long ago Auburn friend of mine....Rudy Davalos ....coached on the AU basketball staff in the 60s and later went to NM and put their programs on the map and is a legend in their Athletic program.  Don't make fun of the Lobos.  .:angry:

Rudy Davalos...man, there's a name that's a blast from the past!

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Damn straight......next to Auburn their #2 came close to attending UNM and yes Rudy is a legend. 

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn straight......next to Auburn their #2 came close to attending UNM and yes Rudy is a legend. 

Rudy and his wife (Ruth I think it was) lived a couple doors from us in the new Married Student apartments while I was in grad school.....my wife and I got to know them and sometimes went to Freshman basketball games on the team bus with him....me with my "Press Pass" as a Plainsman writer.   He was a very nice guy and not long out of college....was a very good basketball player ...quick as a blink...and also could out shoot most of our freshmen.    He had a great career in college athletics.  

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Why did Carlee want her release?

The straight-up answer is that no one who knows the answer to that is saying.  Thinking it's a very small group.

On 6/19/2017 at 4:18 PM, augolf1716 said:

Hey be very careful of your wording Mr. Freak:poke:

I think you could have used a little Spartan 300 in your delivery. Something more like - Choose your next words wisely Mr. Freak, because here in the the Forum, every Poster is responsible for their words. 

Just noticed that Arizona State's only returning catcher had only 2 ABs last year, played in 11 games.  Don't have one in their recruiting class, either.  The Devils had a 31-22 record under 1st-year coach Trisha Ford.  Lost out in the Oxford Regional after winning their first game there.  Carlee's hometown of Alpine is just east of San Diego.  Probably a quick run over to Tempe on I-8.

On 6/24/2017 at 1:22 PM, OlderWhiskey said:

Just noticed that Arizona State's only returning catcher had only 2 ABs last year, played in 11 games.  Don't have one in their recruiting class, either.  The Devils had a 31-22 record under 1st-year coach Trisha Ford.  Lost out in the Oxford Regional after winning their first game there.  Carlee's hometown of Alpine is just east of San Diego.  Probably a quick run over to Tempe on I-8.

Wouldn't it be ironic if she ended up going to where she was committed to go out of high school?

Arizona State announced three transfers yesterday (in).  One is a catcher, but her stats pale next to Carlee's.  So it looks less likely that Carlee will wind up in Tempe.

Carlee Wallace is officially transferring to Baylor.  I sure hate to see her go.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Carlee-Wallace-announces-transfer-destination-53400265

AUBURN, Ala. — Carlee Wallace has found a new home.

The three-year starter for Auburn's softball team will finish her career at Baylor, she told AuburnUndercover Friday. The news was first reported by AL.com.

The catcher will be eligible to play immediately at the Big 12 school.

Wallace hit .333 with seven home runs and 52 RBI last season. She helped lead Auburn to the Women's College World Series in 2015 and 2016.

Wallace first announced she was leaving the Auburn softball program June 14.

Welp at least it is not oklahoma. Anywhere but there is fine by me.

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Welp at least it is not oklahoma. Anywhere but there is fine by me.

Yep that's fine but interesting choice considering all the negative news in the media about Baylor the past couple years.   Still wish she were here though..but wish her well.

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep that's fine but interesting choice considering all the negative news in the media about Baylor the past couple years.   Still wish she were here though..but wish her well.

agreed. well said 64! SO great to interact with you again! I am guessing she has some connection to the coaching staff there. I am suprised she did not go somewhere back in cali.

Can we get Stidham's girlfriend as a trade? :yes:

Archived