Carlee Wallace granted release

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just now, Mikey said:

What the hell?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO out of left field! She is for 1 thing a rising senior. This is a huge blow. Our best returning player. I am shocked. She was our emotional leader as well.

I'm ready for the "rest of the story". Wallace just up and deciding to go elsewhere doesn't make any sense.

I am sure @ellitor has some insight on this or will eventually.

Well damnit all to hell. Carlee was my favorite player since her freshman year, love the way she plays and her emotion. Good luck to her.

1 minute ago, CAMCRAZY said:

Didn't her mom play and graduate from AU?

Don't think so, according to an article on the softball page on May 10.  She is from California (as are Carlson and Martin) and was originally planning to play for Clint at Arizona State.  Her mom was a sheriff.

I am highly shocked and disappointed at this development.  That said, I thank Carlee for her major contributions to the program, and wish her well on life's journey.

Oh ok. Well I was way off. Thought I heard something like that while watching them in the tourney. Must have been another player.

Carlee will definitely be missed. Here's to hoping for no drama next season.

15 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I am highly shocked and disappointed at this development.  That said, I thank Carlee for her major contributions to the program, and wish her well on life's journey.

Feel the same way. 

1 hour ago, CAMCRAZY said:

Oh ok. Well I was way off. Thought I heard something like that while watching them in the tourney. Must have been another player.

Carlee will definitely be missed. Here's to hoping for no drama next season.

Courtney Shea's dad (Richard) played football at Auburn in the late 80s.

Teams best player and team leader walks away from the team. The level of drama and head scratching mystery in AU athletics is ridiculous. 

Weird!!  Carlee was going to commit to Arizona State but followed Myers to Auburn.  Now after 3 great seasons she says she wants to leave?  With a super great recruiting class coming in and just one game from probably going to the world series?  Just does not make sense, especially when you are the Heart and soul of the team.  This whole last season with the affair that never happened business among young myers and the MJ fling---  just was not Auburn softball.   Something smells.  I just do not accept the "hitting coach" rumor being the problem or the "homesick" problem-- especially with her being all sec and another shot to win the SEC and another chance to win a Championship.  It has to be more involved.  And i am sick of drama in Auburn sports!!

Does she have her degree?....if not, that was a huge decision for her to leave now. A feisty tough player who will really be missed. 

Without some good explanation, the optics are awful.   JMO...no way CCM can stone wall this...there has to be more.

Clutch hitters have always been some of my favorite players and Wallace was a clutch hitter supreme. Carlee's mom was a catcher too, but didn't play at AU. They are California people.

The "homesick" idea is simply silly. She's a rising senior. If the team has devolved into catfighting factions, then I cannot fault anyone for departing that sort of mess. She is good enough to go anywhere she wants to transfer to, I just hope it's not Oklahoma!

Even with the "in season" turmoil and not making the WCWS, this is the low point.  My favorite player.  Man.  This hurts.  I hope we get some good news soon.  I wish her well.  Thank you, Carlee.  It's been fun watching you play these last 3 years.

Wasn't see Kaylee Martin's room mate?    Seen nothing that affects her...?

some of y'all may know the whole story on this season. unfortunately I will not.  on a personal level it's none of my business. As a fan of a group of girls who I follow all much as much as our football i have to ponder everything that went down this season and that which is apparently still going down.

11 minutes ago, saminbama said:

Even with the "in season" turmoil and not making the WCWS, this is the low point.  My favorite player.  Man.  This hurts.  I hope we get some good news soon.  I wish her well.  Thank you, Carlee.  It's been fun watching you play these last 3 years.

Her play and leadership will definitely be missed not only by the team but every fan. Carlee is a sparkplug. This gives a whole new meaning to catch and release. Wishing her the best and like others, very tired of the exodus of players no matter the sport. 

Saw the news pop up this morning and kept looking for "as reported by the Onion". Your best player does not just leave for "homesick" reasons. I hope the coaches can fix whatever is going on that chased an all-time great away.

From what I've gathered from various outlets, the internal drama that stemmed from the Corey Myers debacle took its toll on her this year and she apparently didn't want to be dealing with it for her senior year as well.  

Archived