Carlee Wallace granted release

Well, best of luck to Carlee, one of the best AU has had. Hope someone can step up, but that's a huge, huge loss.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I really wonder what's going on behind the scenes of softball. Too much smelly stuff 

Yep...certainly curious ....but guess this is one of the hazards of having a big time program where people actually know the names of the players and coaches and have developed an affection for the program.   Something like this happen in volleyball or golf or any of a dozen other sports and it would never even make the news...and certainly generate this much interest. 

BUT....CCM needs to sort this stuff out and get things settled down.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I really wonder what's going on behind the scenes of softball. Too much smelly stuff 

The Corey Myers situation created a ton of drama, not just for Corey, Clint and the entire family, but it extended into the team as well.  It likely affected the coaches and interactions with the players too.  Just a massive distraction and source of angst.  Bottom line.

25 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Can she play immediately elsewhere?

Yes

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

The Corey Myers situation created a ton of drama, not just for Corey, Clint and the entire family, but it extended into the team as well.  It likely affected the coaches and interactions with the players too.  Just a massive distraction and source of angst.  Bottom line.

That kind of stuff does not help with recruiting either.....need to get things shaped up.

It was pretty obvious and talked about here on this board that there sure appeared to be chemistry issues with this team.  I'm sure it was a combo of the multiple things ... plus girls teams tend to lean a little more towards drama in my experience

Expected this after what happened this season. Wish her the best. She won't be easily replaced.

28 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Expected this after what happened this season. Wish her the best. She won't be easily replaced.

Expected this from Wallace? How is that?

Her having only one year left, finishing her career at AU, and being a leader was not solid enough to stay? What could be going on with the Coach and his veteran player that she feels she can't be a part of this team any more?

I just dont see the reasons being what happened in the past. Unless some of the problems are still WITH the team. Is that possible?

25 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Expected this from Wallace? How is that?

Her having only one year left, finishing her career at AU, and being a leader was not solid enough to stay? What could be going on with the Coach and his veteran player that she feels she can't be a part of this team any more?

I just dont see the reasons being what happened in the past. Unless some of the problems are still WITH the team. Is that possible?

The answer to that question almost has to be ......."yes". 

I would hope at the end of the season when CCM had the exit interviews, she spoke up and they had a coach / future senior team leader discusion.

If she did not, how can CCM get a true pulse of the team and change things. 

If she did, she did not like what she heard back or she thought things should go in a different direction. 

Sad to see her leave with a year left. But when you got to go, you got to go. 

Agree with SteelEagle.  Just a month ago, the softball website published a very upbeat interview with Carlee; at least it seemed upbeat to me. She was set to come back as the probable MVP of the team.  This was between the end of regular season and the SEC touurnament.

members only information that can't be shared here

Well this just sucks. 

Can't believe the Myers drama is still affecting the team to lose a star player over it. Hope Coach can get a handle on this

This really sucks. 

Let's stick to the facts here.  We don't need any speculation/rumors or things posted on other boards.  

I hope she ends up at a West Coast school, so we won't have to face her except in a super regional or the WCWS.  I wonder if Kasey Cooper's season had some influence.  She watched as teams pitched around Kasey and maybe realized that would be her fate next season.

26 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I hope she ends up at a West Coast school, so we won't have to face her except in a super regional or the WCWS.  I wonder if Kasey Cooper's season had some influence.  She watched as teams pitched around Kasey and maybe realized that would be her fate next season.

She is not the hitter that Cooper is....and actually when she batted behind Cooper she was almost guaranteed to see some good pitches..... JMO but I don't see CW as the kind of hitter that you pitch around but she was truly valuable this year.  

Otherwise....yep...west coast would be a good place for her....though I wonder if now that the release has been granted..is it required that she move along or could she change her mind?   Maybe she is considered "old news" now but don't think I've seen even a hint of where she might go.

Well, she's not required to play softball anywhere.  She can pick up her own tab and finish school without it.  It's not like there's a $5 million contract waiting.  That would be unusual for such a high-profile player, perhaps unprecedented, but maybe she's just gotten tired of it.

7 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Well, she's not required to play softball anywhere.  She can pick up her own tab and finish school without it.  It's not like there's a $5 million contract waiting.  That would be unusual for such a high-profile player, perhaps unprecedented, but maybe she's just gotten tired of it.

This is true, but here's betting dollars to doughnuts that she plays her last year of college ball somewhere. I did read where Fagan got a contract to play pro softball. How much that pays I have no idea, but probably not much. I think if Fagan is at a level to play for money, Wallace is too if she wants to do that after college.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

This is true, but here's betting dollars to doughnuts that she plays her last year of college ball somewhere. I did read where Fagan got a contract to play pro softball. How much that pays I have no idea, but probably not much. I think if Fagan is at a level to play for money, Wallace is too if she wants to do that after college.

Average pay for a three month season is around $4000-5000. It's strictly a part time job, labor of love for these ladies. There are a few exceptions that make more. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I wouldn't bet against you, just throwing out the possibility.  I'd hate to see her go to Oklahoma, but their catcher hits under .200  (Wodach)  I wonder if there are any numbers on Carlee's average as catcher versus average as DP.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Agree but what is strange is that she is a nationally known player, all conference, etc etc....and what was basically a one-sentence departure notice from her and her coach is strange...JMO.    Surprised her team mates have not commented but maybe with school not in session, the internal grapevine is not active.

As for where....why go anywhere that does not have BIG odds of being in the WCWS  ?....

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree but what is strange is that she is a nationally known player, all conference, etc etc....and what was basically a one-sentence departure notice from her and her coach is strange...JMO.    Surprised her team mates have not commented but maybe with school not in session, the internal grapevine is not active.

As for where....why go anywhere that does not have BIG odds of being in the WCWS  ?....

I'm hearing Lobo's

Archived