Carlee Wallace granted release

8 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Can Stidham's girlfriend hit the rise ball?

From the look of it, she hits whatever she want to hit. :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in her statement she hints at her reason for leaving the team....

"I would like to take the time to thank the amazing Auburn fans for all of your love and support my last three years at Auburn. I will never be able to come up with the right words to express my gratitude. You will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you to my teammates who stood by me since day one. I am so thankful to have been teammates with some pretty special girls."

no mention of coaches or all teammates, just some.  

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

"I would like to take the time to thank the amazing Auburn fans for all of your love and support my last three years at Auburn. I will never be able to come up with the right words to express my gratitude. You will always have a special place in my heart. Thank you to my teammates who stood by me since day one. I am so thankful to have been teammates with some pretty special girls."

Guess these days with all the political sniping we get into the habit of parsing people's comments and sometimes making more out of them than was intended.  But the two items in red above do make one wonder.  

Anyway....hope she finds what she is looking for at Baylor. 

She was a tough little player and someone should make up a poster / picture of her with that busted up lower lip in bandages ......put it on a poster with the tithe:   "Whatever it Takes"  ...or something to that effect.

Whelp, that gives me another team to watch next year as I will remain a big fan of hers.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

MAJOR reach IMO.  Besides, I see no reason to get super critical and examine every word someone says looking for some kind of underlying negative thought.    We'll never know why and frankly its none of our business why.

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Yep that's fine but interesting choice considering all the negative news in the media about Baylor the past couple years.   Still wish she were here though..but wish her well.

I imagine she wanted to go to a contender for title as well.  With Carlee, that Baylor team may be able to get past Okie next year and back to CWS. They had a good showing this year. 

1 hour ago, WarTiger said:

MAJOR reach IMO.  Besides, I see no reason to get super critical and examine every word someone says looking for some kind of underlying negative thought.    We'll never know why and frankly its none of our business why.

Not a reach at all, just pointing something out because as a MOD you know we can't spread what are perceived to be rumors.....The team chemistry issue has been widely documented and some things happen because of the way it all played out.  

But think what you want, she didn't leave because she was having the time of her life on the team.  Didn't think that it needed to be spelled out to people.

7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Not a reach at all, just pointing something out because as a MOD you know we can't spread what are perceived to be rumors.....The team chemistry issue has been widely documented and some things happen because of the way it all played out.  

But think what you want, she didn't leave because she was having the time of her life on the team.  Didn't think that it needed to be spelled out to people.

Hell no, its not a reach. You dont just accidentally forget to make any mention of your coaches. Let's get real.

Do we ever know what happen when coach Myers left during the season???? Is he still coaching his travel team???

I think the omission of any mention of the coaches in her statement is probably significant.  I think reading something into the use of the word "some" is probably reaching.  JMO.  And no, we aren't going to learn anything more about the Corey Myers resignation.

16 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I think the omission of any mention of the coaches in her statement is probably significant.  I think reading something into the use of the word "some" is probably reaching.  JMO.  And no, we aren't going to learn anything more about the Corey Myers resignation.

Ditto.

I think Baylor is a good choice for her and she will definitely be an asset to them.  I will admit when I first read the headline saying she was going to a Big 12 team, I got a lump in my throat.  Oh Lord, surely she's not going to OU!!  Wish her well until we see her in the post season.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, augolf1716 said:

I'm hearing Lobo's

Do you understand the message the wolves are trying to send you when you hear them?

15 hours ago, uncommonfan said:

Veach to start behind the plate, unless a transfer is brought in.

Interesting...so not 3rd ?   She is pretty big for a catcher isn't she ?

18 hours ago, uncommonfan said:

Way is Shea not, she was backup to Wallace?

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Shea is 5'10

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

I was told yesterday that she would be starting at catcher unless a transfer was brought in to be the starter.

57 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Way is Shea not, she was backup to Wallace?

Shea is 5'10

IMO I do not think shea took that leap forward we were expecting her to from her sophmore to junior season.

20 hours ago, uncommonfan said:

Is this for real?  I thought we signed a couple of catchers.  Wow!!  

Maybe looking for the best way to keep bat in the lineup . 

45 minutes ago, AU64 said:

that is my guess as well 64!! always great to see you post sir! WAR EAGLE!

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

That and she does have high school experience as a catcher. Yes, I know that is no where near experience in college, but still better than never doing it before. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Catcher isn't a place where you put somebody just to keep their bat in the lineup. You can lose games because of a sub-par catcher. The first place you lose games is by pitchers walking people. Next is poor play at catcher. Veach could possibly be a top-level college catcher but this is the first I've heard of it. Has anyone else heard of Veach being or becming an SEC quality catcher prior to this thread?

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Catcher isn't a place where you put somebody just to keep their bat in the lineup. You can lose games because of a sub-par catcher. The first place you lose games is by pitchers walking people. Next is poor play at catcher. Veach could possibly be a top-level college catcher but this is the first I've heard of it. Has anyone else heard of Veach being or becming an SEC quality catcher prior to this thread?

I agree that you don't make many compromises but she may be the best hitter among some more or less equal catcher prospects.  We really need some bats this year if you consider who is gone from this season. V has a good arm and looked solid as a fielder...and coaches call the pitches.

Guess CCM sees something there where positives outweigh the negatives.

I know she had high school experience but it would seem she has a lot of value at one of the infield corner spots.  Not doubting OP'er but what is the source for this info.  She did not play  catcher last fall or this last year and team not practicing at this time as far as I know.  Not much longer until fall ball and we will have some looks at who is going to fill some of the positions in question.  Interesting to recall that Carlee and Courtney were rotating starters as freshmen.  I remember when I first saw Carlee  her freshman year (may have been fall ball or early regular season game) and I thought ..."it's nice she is getting to play some in these early games because she's too small to get playing time in the regular season"....shows what I know about softball.  She was a tough one and will always have my respect.

Archived