Carlee Wallace granted release

5 hours ago, uncommonfan said:

Someone with direct knowledge from her.

That someone may be correct, but anyone would have to admit that this would be a very uncommon move. Veach looked very good at 1st base which is a normal spot for a power hitter. She looked good at 3rd while Cooper was out. We have one experienced option at catcher and some catching prospects waiting in the wings. I'm not saying your source is wrong but without knowing a lot more about the team than I know, the move doesn't make any sense.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Mikey said:

That someone may be correct, but anyone would have to admit that this would be a very uncommon move. Veach looked very good at 1st base which is a normal spot for a power hitter. She looked good at 3rd while Cooper was out. We have one experienced option at catcher and some catching prospects waiting in the wings. I'm not saying your source is wrong but without knowing a lot more about the team than I know, the move doesn't make any sense.

Her brother is the pitching coach... :dunno:. ...maybe something there 

I hesitate to bring this up but something I noticed yesterday while looking on the Auburn Softball web site.  Carlee Wallace is no longer listed on the 2017 Roster.  She played the entire year so it would seem that she should be listed even if she transferred at season end.  I understood that Whitney Jordan would not be returning but her name remains.  Coach was quoted as saying "We hate to see her go, but wish her well.  She will always be a tiger".  Something very strange there.  In the archives, she is listed on the 2016 team.  Also put me in the camp that thought it unusual that she did not mention the coaches in her farewell statement.  

They have redone the web site, but the roster page doesn't look any different.  A curious omission.  Maybe they can fix that while they are fixing the videos that won't play.  Wallace is front and center on one of the video stills. 

When a player leave or is dismissed they are removed from the roster.....standard practice.  On another note - last night Kendall played first and caught.....Fall ball will be interesting.

12 hours ago, warladytigers said:

When a player leave or is dismissed they are removed from the roster.....standard practice.  On another note - last night Kendall played first and caught.....Fall ball will be interesting.

She also played 3rd. 

7 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Removing Carlee Wallace from the roster from last year reminds me of George Orwells  book 1984...it is as though history has been altered.  

20 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Removing Carlee Wallace from the roster from last year reminds me of George Orwells  book 1984...it is as though history has been altered.  

I agree with this view of it.  May be standard practice, but it seems a bit hateful to me.  Had she left in mid-season, I'd feel differently.

5 hours ago, uncommonfan said:

Article regarding what I've been told about Veach starting at catcher, unless a transfer comes in to play the position. From personal experience, I'm quite confident that she can play the position and excel at it. 

Could Auburn's Kendall Veach move to catcher in 2018?

Credit where credit is due, you called this move. It seemed improbable to me.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Credit where credit is due, you called this move. It seemed improbable to me.

No need. Understandable to not believe everything you read on the internet! I can't claim calling it either, I was just told by someone about as close to her as possible without actually being her.

• 1 month later...

Just reviewed all the posts on this topic and seems evident that some knew more than what they would detail.  I would like to congratulate them on their reserve.  Many comments were kept vague which I feel was good until the "facts" came out.  Again, it was telling that she did not recognize the HC (or AD for that matter) when she revealed she was going to Baylor.  She did not take shots or make criticisms; just obvious omissions.  I feel our remaining players deserve our support now more than ever and that the AU softball community will display their love and support.  Would be great to have a large attendance at the first fall game and give some sort of standing ovation  at the start of the game or after introductions.  War Eagle!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2017 at 4:07 PM, slot canyon said:

Just reviewed all the posts on this topic and seems evident that some knew more than what they would detail.  I would like to congratulate them on their reserve.  Many comments were kept vague which I feel was good until the "facts" came out.  Again, it was telling that she did not recognize the HC (or AD for that matter) when she revealed she was going to Baylor.  She did not take shots or make criticisms; just obvious omissions.  I feel our remaining players deserve our support now more than ever and that the AU softball community will display their love and support.  Would be great to have a large attendance at the first fall game and give some sort of standing ovation  at the start of the game or after introductions.  War Eagle!

Well put. I like the idea of the standing O

• 2 weeks later...

Took a peek at the Baylor Softball site. Carlee #00. They have 2 players listed as catchers who are both freshman. Another player listed as infielder/catcher is a redshirt freshman. I suspect Carlee will get plenty of work this season. Based on what I have seen of her at AU she probably relishes the role.

Archived