Greg Robinson traded

AlaskanFAN

Not sure why but GR has just not lived up to expectations with the Rams....but still drawing that nice NFL paycheck.....maybe a change of scenery will help revitalize him.

Looks like the Lions got him pretty cheap ...unless they have to take over his contract.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Not sure why but GR has just not lived up to expectations with the Rams....but still drawing that nice NFL paycheck.....maybe a change of scenery will help revitalize him.

Looks like the Lions got him pretty cheap ...unless they have to take over his contract.

His pass pro is ATROCIOUS. Would fit in with a run first team better, but that was Jeff Fisher's thing so maybe not. That's still not Detroit either.

I still don't think I have ever seen someone as dominant in the run game at the college level. G-Rob was mauling dudes

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I still don't think I have ever seen someone as dominant in the run game at the college level. G-Rob was mauling dudes

Yep...but NFL is not a running league any more....at least very few teams feature the running game any more.

Had he been struggling in run blocking for the Rams as well? IDK how vast the differences are in the run games in Gus' offense vs NFL offenses but I assume they are different. 

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Had he been struggling in run blocking for the Rams as well? IDK how vast the differences are in the run games in Gus' offense vs NFL offenses but I assume they are different. 

You made a good point.....could be that Gus's offense does not help develop good offensive linemen for the NFL.  

For the past few years, we have not been very good at pass blocking for our QBs... which has caused some to them to take beatings...JJ rarely had time to throw and could not adapt to the situation and SW got beat up pretty badly too.  GR is probably pretty typical of our OL under Gus...no matter who the OL coach has been.     

Even for the coming season I worry whether our OL can adequately protect Stidham or White...thinking most of our guys are the road grader type, and not quick enough to pick up an aggressive pass rush.  JMO

We were pretty solid in pass pro last year, and even Robert Leff (who I respect and am not trying to knock but possessed 1/10 of Robinson's talent) got a look from the NFL. The problem isn't the system. Robinson should be playing Guard at the next level, but he's a little tall for the ideal inside. He has the athleticism to play inside.

Archived