NYT Has to Correct Editorial

Proud Tiger

The left leaning NYT has to correct an editorial after a lot of negative feedback> They tried to draw an analogy of yesterday's Alexandria shooting to a map Sarah Palin posted before the Gifford shooting. Only problem they didn't do simple homework and see that the Palin story had been refuted way back when. I know papers make errors but this was an editorial and doesn't say much for editorial review which is precisely why I am skeptical of almost anything I read in a paper these days, especially editorials,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/15/new-york-times-forced-to-correct-editorial-after-scalise-shooting.html

NYT = trying to divide us

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

The left leaning NYT has to correct an editorial after a lot of negative feedback> They tried to draw an analogy of yesterday's Alexandria shooting to a map Sarah Palin posted before the Gifford shooting. Only problem they didn't do simple homework and see that the Palin story had been refuted way back when. I know papers make errors but this was an editorial and doesn't say much for editorial review which is precisely why I am skeptical of almost anything I read in a paper these days, especially editorials,

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/06/15/new-york-times-forced-to-correct-editorial-after-scalise-shooting.html

Are you just as skeptical of Hannity after he kept reporting a debunked story about the murder of the DNC staffer being related to leaking information to Wikileaks?  

News organizations make mistakes.  It's not just the "left leaning" ones with the problem.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

News organizations make mistakes.  It's not just the "left leaning" ones with the problem.

I think you nailed that one, although I would add the frequency of these mistakes is troubling. 

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Are you just as skeptical of Hannity after he kept reporting a debunked story about the murder of the DNC staffer being related to leaking information to Wikileaks?  

Answer....yes and Hannity later corrected himself and said he was wrong. If you read my post you will see I said they make mistakes. But neither Hannity or the average reporter do editorials in a major newspaper. More should be expected for editors and the editorial board IMHO. Do you not think the NYT is a left leaning paper?

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Answer....yes and Hannity later corrected himself and said he was wrong. If you read my post you will see I said they make mistakes. But neither Hannity or the average reporter do editorials in a major newspaper. More should be expected for editors and the editorial board IMHO. Do you not think the NYT is a left leaning paper?

He went on for almost another whole week of shows with it after being discredited.  

Hannity works for the most popular cable news network in the world.  He shouldn't be held to any less of a standard than someone writing an editorial for the NYT.

And yes, I believe the NYT is left-leaning.  It's just not relevant to the discussion.

And yes, I believe the NYT is left-leaning.  It's just not relevant to the discussion.

I would argue it is very relevant to the discussion.  The NYT didn't make a "mistake" here.  They knew damn well that this Sarah Palin "inspiring" Jared Laughner story was complete BS and had been thoroughly debunked years ago.  However, they printed it anyway.  Why would they do that?  Because they hate Trump (and all Republicans) and are left-leaning.  They know their useful idiots (such as yourself) would believe it.

Guys this is easy. The point is that the NYT has done it often enough that it is hard to believe anything they print. The other point is Hannity is equally biased and it is hard to believe anything he says. Because of things like this on both sides of the political spectrum journalist are rated about equally to politicians and that isn't very high.  We have seen tools like the use of anonymous sources which have a place used way to often as political editorials instead of as a way to weed out corruption. By over using and abusing these tools we now have a public that is skeptical of most news organizations.

4 hours ago, AcUmen said:

I would argue it is very relevant to the discussion.  The NYT didn't make a "mistake" here.  They knew damn well that this Sarah Palin "inspiring" Jared Laughner story was complete BS and had been thoroughly debunked years ago.  However, they printed it anyway.  Why would they do that?  Because they hate Trump (and all Republicans) and are left-leaning.  They know their useful idiots (such as yourself) would believe it.

No, it's still not relevant because it's not a uniquely left-leaning problem.  It's a problem of partisan media across the board, and indeed of us as individuals.  If something bad is said about the other party, we lean toward believing it with little to no scrutiny of the truthfulness of the claim.  If the same level of accusation is made against one of "ours," we stomp our feet and wail about the biased media, insinuate grand conspiracies, and discredit the source.  So to single out the NYT when we literally have a mirror reflection of this practice that has just happened within the last few weeks at the most popular cable news outlet in the world (which also happens to be decidedly right-leaning) is disingenuous.  The political lean of the source is not relevant.  Both are equally guilty.

8 hours ago, AcUmen said:

They know their useful idiots (such as yourself) would believe it.

You clearly haven't been in this board long enough. This statement regarding Titan and the insinuation it makes shows your ignorance. 

15 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Of course it is relelvant IMHO but maybe not yours.

8 hours ago, AcUmen said:

Right on brother.

Archived