U.S. Open golf

augolf1716

My #1 favorite tournament but don't think so this year. Course is god awful to me at 7700 yards just looks tricked up imo. I've played US Open courses the week after the tournament and had the same shots as the pro but this course is just not the same I mean good lord 14 out 18 holes with blind approach shots. Narrow fairways is the Open

God almighty 7700 yards you better be able to crane your tee shot over 320 yards or more. I'm very disappointed

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

My #1 favorite tournament but don't think so this year. Course is god awful to me at 7700 yards just looks tricked up imo. I've played US Open courses the week after the tournament and had the same shots as the pro but this course is just not the same I mean good lord 14 out 18 holes with blind approach shots. Narrow fairways is the Open

God almighty 7700 yards you better be able to crane your tee shot over 320 yards or more. I'm very disappointed

Agree, not sure what you USGA is trying to prove lately with some of the courses and setups they have used for the Open.     Big difference in course conditions for the after noon around . Those who played early had a big advantage if the score differentials are any indication. 

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Ahhhh

I completely spaced out yesterday, and forgot what day it was, so I missed everything. Luckily, its only Friday!!!!

Erin Hills is one beautiful course. Wow.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn 12 under at the Open....................seldom see that

Amen....which in my view just confirms that you can't make a golf course so long that some of these guys can't break par on it. 

7700 yards is crazy, especially when there are some par 3s that are less than 150.  Just shook my head when Thomas hit that 3 wood about 300 yards on the fly within a couple paces of the flag on that 600+ yard par 5....and dead on line. Some amazing golf today....can't wait for tomorrow.

39 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Amen....which in my view just confirms that you can't make a golf course so long that some of these guys can't break par on it. 

7700 yards is crazy, especially when there are some par 3s that are less than 150.  Just shook my head when Thomas hit that 3 wood about 300 yards on the fly within a couple paces of the flag on that 600+ yard par 5....and dead on line. Some amazing golf today....can't wait for tomorrow.

Technology has taken over clubs and balls...shame to me

11 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Technology has taken over clubs and balls...shame to me

Yep.....recall when the Masters tried to "Tiger proof" their course by stretching it out in hopes of negating his length off the tee.  That lasted a few years maybe but now the course can be handled by any modern golfer.    Maybe time for  USGA to require standard commercially available balls and clubs....go down to  Dicks and get off the shelf equipment and play the game. 

Archived