Chizik Op-Ed on Fatherhood

RunInRed

We need more models of what it means to be a man. And a father. Coach Chizik is a great example of both. Chiz offers some sound advice and good ideas for dads in this guest article, which just hit USA Today. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/16/gene-chizik-father-leave-college-football-coaching-family/403115001/

Is Bowden the only coach that coach at Auburn that hasn't returned to live there since the Shug days?  

Shug retired and stayed, Barfield stayed, Dye, tater tot left, Tuberville is back (although on Lake Martin), Chizik is back, and Gus is still current.  That's a great testament of the Community.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Is Bowden the only coach that coach at Auburn that hasn't returned to live there since the Shug days?  

Shug retired and stayed, Barfield stayed, Dye, tater tot left, Tuberville is back (although on Lake Martin), Chizik is back, and Gus is still current.  That's a great testament of the Community.  

yes he was but I think he had his reasons

Just now, augolf1716 said:

yes he was but I think he had his reasons

It's called being run out of town and don't come back.  That's totally different.

Good read and great advice. There are too many hours required by too many employers for many men who would give almost anything to be able to do what Gene Chizik has done. Thank you coach for your contribution to the "memory tattoos" Auburn fans now have from 2010. There are quite a few to choose from. 

I've heard that he owns Louie's in Opelika.  I'm sure that's just a drop in the bucket.

On 6/16/2017 at 4:05 PM, RunInRed said:

We need more models of what it means to be a man. And a father. Coach Chizik is a great example of both. Chiz offers some sound advice and good ideas for dads in this guest article, which just hit USA Today. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/06/16/gene-chizik-father-leave-college-football-coaching-family/403115001/

Great article!  Chizik is a fantastic role model in a lot of ways. I have a ton of respect for him!!!

Archived