US Prepares to Deport Hundreds of Iraqi Christians

AUUSN

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No legislation was needed.....the laws exist just fine ...the previous administration was ignoring the laws.....all DT had to do was pass the word down to Border Patrol and ICE to start enforcing it...

And WOW...who would have believed this?  http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/28/politics/trump-deportations-slow/

As for the DT he listed the same countries that BO has shown when he did his orders some years ago...and which nobody seemed to raise any questions about.  I give you the chance show me some indication that you protested when BO issued his order back in 2011 and especially mentioned Iraq or complained when Obama was deporting Latinos by the millions.    And you mean to tell me that the 2.5 million deportees were all criminals....surely you must be joking?   Any legal violation was used ...traffic tickets or misdemeanors, ...   , https://www.thenation.com/article/why-has-president-obama-deported-more-immigrants-any-president-us-history/

As someone else posted...DT has a way of using a blunt instrument whereas BO tended do be more careful and did not draw attention to what he was doing.

Get your facts right and hammer away at DT....won't bother me....

Clearly it does bother you or you wouldn't feel the need to defend him.

Trump is having families deported when he said he wouldn't. He has engaged in racist, sexist and xenophobic rhetoric. You choosing to ignore this doesn't change the fact that he has said these things. I am truly amazed by people who feel the need to defend this POTUS after all of the horrible things he has said and done. I realize the word racism bothers people with priveledge, but it exists. You seem to forget the man who drew up Trump's EO was Steve Bannon who isn't anti-terrorism or anti-crime but rather anti immigrant. Sorry but I don't buy Trump isn't racist when he runs with people who are. 

Oh, you mean like Herman  Cain, Tim Scott...people like them.....and the numerous other African Americans on his staff who don't know DT as well as you do..?

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Clearly you are a Trump hster. Hate is no better, maybe worse,  than your adjectives referring to Trump.

What I hate is that someone who got a deferment for bone spurs but went on the play college sports criticized a man who chose to stay in the service (and was tortured ) by saying that man wasn't a war hero. What I hate is that someone openly mocked a disabled man and people defended him by saying it never occurred. What I hate is that a man who openly brags about sexual assault and equates a woman's worth with her appearance just promoted rape culture. What I hate is that this POTUS isn't educated enough to thank a Purple Heart recipient for his service rather than congratulate him. What I hate is the inability to admit despite evidence from our IC that Russia hacked our election. What I hate are lies about crowd sizes at inaugurations just to protect the fragile ego of a narcissist. What I hate is having a government that is not fully staffed because the current administration hasn't got a damn clue about how to run a country. What I hate is labeling news as "fake" because it doesn't sit well with a leader. What I hate is that someone with no military experience saying he knows more than majors and generals. What I hate are egos so fragile that you have to block a veterans group on Twitter. What I hate is the fact that Russia just threatened US aircraft and we have a POTUS that won't stand up to Putin because he'd rather insult people in 140 characters. What I hate is having a man lead the greatest country in earth who can't even effectively use grammar when he speaks. 

I tell you like I told Salty, block me if my views offend you. I promise not to lose sleep. 

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Oh, you mean like Herman  Cain, Tim Scott...people like them.....and the numerous other African Americans on his staff who don't know DT as well as you do..?

Good grief.

14 hours ago, AU64 said:

Don't forget Frederick Douglass. He is someone who has done an amazing job and is gettting recognized more and more. 

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Your views don't offend me, they just make me feel bad for yoiu. Your post clearly shows you are full of hate,

If you define "full of hate" as my being outraged that a bully is POTUS then so be it. It's truly amusing how you make a generalization about my life based on my political views simply because they don't align with your love of Trump. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Don't forget Frederick Douglass. He is someone who has done an amazing job and is gettting recognized more and more. 

Hearing lots about George Washington Carver too...a bright young man with some promise...:thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I think am much more "tolerant" of your opinion of Trump than you were mine of Obama.

Full of hate and intolerant. Let me know when you finish the list. 

I'm not going to make any apologies for not tolerating a bully POTUS and people that defend his atrocious behavior.

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Your views don't offend me, they just make me feel bad for yoiu. Your post clearly shows you are full of hate,

PT, this is sort of a cop out response.  Elle gave very specific examples of documented behavior by Trump that angers her.  This isn't just blind hate because she doesn't like his political views or he's not a Democrat.  He has said and done things both as a candidate and as president that make anger and frustration warranted yet you just wave it all off as if it's just her being irrational.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

PT, this is sort of a cop out response.  Elle gave very specific examples of documented behavior by Trump that angers her.  This isn't just blind hate because she doesn't like his political views or he's not a Democrat.  He has said and done things both as a candidate and as president that make anger and frustration warranted yet you just wave it all off as if it's just her being irrational.

Coming from you this is interesting to say the least based on the times you chastised me for saying truthful things about Obama,But I'm not about to waste my rime arguing with you about it. Headed for the beach.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:15 PM, AUUSN said:

Nahidh Shaou could be deported any day now.

As a Christian and a veteran of the US military, being forcibly returned to Iraq—a homeland he hasn’t seen since he was five years old—could prove to be a death sentence.

Until April of this year, Iraq had not accepted deportees from the United States since 2010. That policy changed when one of President Donald Trump’s early executive orders included Iraq on a list of seven countries targeted with a temporary travel ban. As part of the deal to be removed from the list, Iraq agreed to begin taking deportees again.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/june/us-prepares-deport-iraq-chaldean-christians-ice-shaou.html?visit_source=twitter

I hope this was not administrations intent and doubt that it was. 

18 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I was wearing a Gilligan hat with AU. Got it in the 80's applying for VISA card at JHS. No WE from you but did see an AU tent in front of Summit. Shamed a Mom for allowing the kids in the water.

Good luck dancing tomorrow. See a guy with a speedo that would 78.

Didn't see any AU on my end of the beach. 

It's "break a leg" in dance world. So far we've got a 9th place and a 2nd place. Our hip hop number is tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Didn't see any AU on my end of the beach. 

It's "break a leg" in dance world. So far we've got a 9th place and a 2nd place. Our hip hop number is tomorrow. 

Good luck Elle. 

40 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That's weird. You can reply to the internet while at the beach but PT can't. Must be some sort of weird internet glitch. 

Maybe he doesn't know how to use wifi?

14 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Coming from you this is interesting to say the least based on the times you chastised me for saying truthful things about Obama,But I'm not about to waste my rime arguing with you about it. Headed for the beach.

If I chastised you for saying truthful things about Obama it was because you were willfully ignoring that the side you normally defend had done the same or very similar things with nary a peep of discomfort about it from you.  I call out hypocrisy, not truth telling.

Judge Halts Deportations of Detroit Christians to Iraq

Court order gives 100-plus Chaldeans two weeks to make their case.

JUNE 23, 2017 10:25 AM

More than 100 Iraqi Christians arrested in immigration raids earlier this month will get to stay in the United States—at least for another two weeks, according to an order issued yesterday by a federal judge in Detroit.

Judge Mark Goldsmith halted the immediate deportation of the recently detained Iraqi nationals for 14 days, while he decides whether the district court or an immigration court has jurisdiction over their case, Hamama v. Adducci.

The court described their plight:

Petitioners state that because of their having resided in the United States and their status as religious minorities—many are Christian, others are members of oppressed Muslim sects—they are likely to be persecuted, tortured, or killed by members of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria, the de facto government in many parts of Iraq...

http://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2017/june/judge-halts-deportations-iraqi-christians-detroit-chaldeans.html

Archived