Sign in to follow this  
AU64

2017 College World Series

Recommended Posts

augolf1716    3,087

 fsu bites the dust again and again and again in the CWS Martin averages over 40 wins a year and never ever ever won the CWS. I am so happy

 

200.webp#48-grid1

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




WarTiger    1,093
15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

me like..................................................................................................hope they never win a NC in baseball

Baseball they fold every single year.  They pad their win total playing in the crappy ACC and are gifted a regiona/super regional because of it.  They are never really a threat because everbody knows they will fold eventually.  

 I dont want them to win a game....in any sport much less a NC.  I detest fsu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

I have disliked FSU since about 1960 or so when one of their players hit Ed Dyas along the sideline drove him into a bench I think it was.   Broke his jaw or something and he missed the bama game...probably cost us the game.  Cheap shot....nothing has changed much about them..:angry:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
boisnumber1    344
2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

 fsu bites the dust again and again and again in the CWS Martin averages over 40 wins a year and never ever ever won the CWS. I am so happy

 

200.webp#48-grid1

Ditto x1000. Hate fsu no matter the sport. Just below bama in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not even Jimbo?  I thought he did a fine job with Jame is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Well...TCU takes a one run lead in the bottom of the 2nd....figure they will eliminate Louisville tonight.   TCU has some good arms.....and a very good coach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Well by the time the dust settled and the new Louisville pitcher got into the game, TCU had run the score up to 4-0   couple clutch hits and a nice slide at home to beat a throw that looked like it would nail the runner......who reached under the tag to get the plate before being touched.....at least that's how the umps saw it in the replay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

TCU came out and immediately looked like they were going to let Louisville back in to the game but allowed  only one run and left 2 runners on base....

 

4-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Louisville playing long ball...couple home runs and score has closed..

TCU now leading 4-3....6th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Louisville coach was run from the game by the second base umpire after a pretty bad call on a UL runner trying to steal second in the bottom of the eighth.  That umpire will regret the entire scenario when he sees the replay later tonight.  How do you eject a head coach (especially with the character and respect of Dan McDonnell) in what could be the last game of their season?  The umpiring has been good, but they have certainly made it a point to be part of the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarTiger    1,093

watching lsu/oregon state, naturally cheering for the Beavers.  2-0 lspuke Oregon state had runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the bottom 3rd.  Their lead off hitter at the plate and he sends one deep down the left field line and its called foul.  Replay showed the ball hitting the padding right on the yellow line a few inches from the top of the wall.  That should have been a fair ball and Oregon state should have at least gotten a run out of that play.   Apparently that play doesn't fall under the reviewable play criteria and that's very unfortunate.  That cost Oregon state at least 1 run.  A few pitches later, the batter pops up to shallow center.  2 outs in the inning now, runners still on 2nd and 3rd.       I realize you can't review everything.  The game would take forever, but anything foul/fair should be reviewable and its unfortunate that this wasn't/couldn't be reviewed.  The Oregon State bench didn't say much of anything after the play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959
50 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

watching lsu/oregon state, naturally cheering for the Beavers.  2-0 lspuke Oregon state had runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out in the bottom 3rd.  Their lead off hitter at the plate and he sends one deep down the left field line and its called foul.  Replay showed the ball hitting the padding right on the yellow line a few inches from the top of the wall.  That should have been a fair ball and Oregon state should have at least gotten a run out of that play.   Apparently that play doesn't fall under the reviewable play criteria and that's very unfortunate.  That cost Oregon state at least 1 run.  A few pitches later, the batter pops up to shallow center.  2 outs in the inning now, runners still on 2nd and 3rd.       I realize you can't review everything.  The game would take forever, but anything foul/fair should be reviewable and its unfortunate that this wasn't/couldn't be reviewed.  The Oregon State bench didn't say much of anything after the play. 

I get tired of these announcers griping about everything college baseball...but NCAA does need to get it's act together...different rules in different conferences and quality of umpiring is "fair" in my view.   OSU dropped the ball so to speak on the challenge....could have perhaps gotten the call reversed.

But....what happened to Lange....was striking our Beavers right and left and then walks 3 in a row.

Otherwise....a good game and could go either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WarTiger    1,093

The crazy thing is, in baseball there are no challenges.  They don't "lose" a challenge if they are wrong because there aren't any.  The coach just has to ask and from what I can gather, there's no limit to the number of times a coach can ask the umpires to check something.  It's also my understanding that the play was in fact reviewable, but I won't say it as fact, given the source it came from (announcers).   If it's not reviewable on this stage then it certainly should be.  My take is from an officials perspective, a coach shouldn't have to ask for a review in that situation.  It should be an automatic thing that the umpires get together, but if nobody questioned it at all, they really didn't have a reason to get together, much less go to a replay.  

Everybody definitely needs to play under the same rules and if replay is going to be used in one conference it should be mandated across the board to all conferences.    Very unfortunate situation for Oregon State.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959
5 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

The crazy thing is, in baseball there are no challenges.  They don't "lose" a challenge if they are wrong because there aren't any.  The coach just has to ask and from what I can gather, there's no limit to the number of times a coach can ask the umpires to check something.  It's also my understanding that the play was in fact reviewable, but I won't say it as fact, given the source it came from (announcers).   If it's not reviewable on this stage then it certainly should be.  My take is from an officials perspective, a coach shouldn't have to ask for a review in that situation.  It should be an automatic thing that the umpires get together, but if nobody questioned it at all, they really didn't have a reason to get together, much less go to a replay.  

Everybody definitely needs to play under the same rules and if replay is going to be used in one conference it should be mandated across the board to all conferences.    Very unfortunate situation for Oregon State.

It's been argued that some conference don't have TV for all the games in regular season  and I guess in a low revenue sport that might be a reasonable argument ....but at the CWS there is no reason not to have replay for anything in question though it could be reasonable to have some limits.   

BUT...the OSU coach or someone on that coaching staff should have been awake enough to at least come out and gripe about the call and maybe get a look.   A bit too passive on that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Heck of a game....LSU pitching really sharp today and Hess closed them down to get Lange he win.....

SO.....LSU is back in the race.

Looking forward to FL  and TCU in a couple hours...and some more good pitching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Florida and TCU in an early pitcher's duel.     Kowar , freshman pitcher has Ks on 5 of his first 6 batters.   TCU pitcher pretty dominant too..thus far.

Elimination game for TCU......if they lose, the are gone...and Fla goes to the final,

Meanwhile, Oregon State and LSU have a  re-match tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
augolf1716    3,087
12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Florida and TCU in an early pitcher's duel.     Kowar , freshman pitcher has Ks on 5 of his first 6 batters.   TCU pitcher pretty dominant too..thus far.

Elimination game for TCU......if they lose, the are gone...and Fla goes to the final,

Meanwhile, Oregon State and LSU have a  re-match tomorrow.

who pitches for LSU  tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

TCU erupted for a couple runs...yet UF pitcher has half dozen Ks in just a few innings ...the second time through the order is always tougher.

and same for UF...guy just hammered one into left field stands....make it 2-1 in the 3rd inning.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Heard nothing about the LSU pitcher....but there was plan to use their closer again and maybe stretch one of the early starters on short rest.   I'm guessing the guy who lost to Oregon State the first time...he was gone in about 2 innings....maybe give him another chance? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
augolf1716    3,087
Just now, AU64 said:

Heard nothing about the LSU pitcher....but there was plan to use their closer again and maybe stretch one of the early starters on short rest.   I'm guessing the guy who lost to Oregon State the first time...he was gone in about 2 innings....maybe give him another chance? 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

JMO but those runs are on the CF...misplayed that ball all the way around....poor positioning, did not get any jump at all on the ball and then it was off his glove....and TCU back in front 4-2.  Guess they had to give the batter a triple though.

Edited by AU64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AU64    1,959

Looks like gators are done.....calling it an evening.

TCU up 8-2 in 7th

Edited by AU64

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this