2017 College World Series

16 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

who pitches for LSU  tomorrow?

Caleb Gilbert who has been used primarily in relief (4 starts this season) goes for LSU.  He has been lights out over the last month or so...pitched in relief against OSU on Monday.

Drew Rasmussen will start for OSU.  Feels like whoever takes this one will win it all.  

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Caleb Gilbert who has been used primarily in relief (4 starts this season) goes for LSU.  He has been lights out over the last month or so...pitched in relief against OSU on Monday.

Drew Rasmussen will start for OSU.  Feels like whoever takes this one will win it all.  

Hoping that he had missed the bloodbath last week against OSU but looked at the box score and notice that he pitched 2+ innings and got knocked around a bit. 

But it's a new day.....and he's had some time to get over it.

Well.. LSU jumps off to a 3 run lead in the bottom of the 2nd....a well it HR.  

Been quite a few dingers this year...more than seems normal for TD field.   I saw some comments about the major league baseball perhaps being juiced this year.....so any chance the college ball is also? 

Aside from AU....many college teams...especially the ones in the playoffs are driving them out at a pretty good rate.

11 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I remember watching 2-3 years ago, and I think only 2 homers were hit during the whole thing.

http://www.dailyjournal.net/2017/06/20/bbc-cws-home-runs/  

yep...nice increase and yet has not distorted the game...but also means the pitchers can't just rare back and groove their FB with the knowledge that hitters can't make them pay for a badly placed pitch.

LSU drills another HR and score goes to 6-0 in the 6th...

Well... a dinger for OSU....and TD Ameritrade stadium  has become the "launching pad" today.

LSU up 6-1 in top of 8th

Boy....a wide strike zone ...and not consistent....

Well...ball back up the middle...tag 2nd for the last out and LSU goes back to the finals.  

Oregon State had a great season.....LSU pitching handcuffed them 2 out of 3.

19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep now need the gators to make it an all SEC final......sorry WarTiger

Yeah...I was trying to take it easy on him....kind of humor him a bit over OSU.....and while I agree that they had a heck of a season, it's just possible that their SOS of 88 played a role in some of that.  

But also gotta admit when they played some of those lesser teams,their players did not "take the day off" and let the Presbyterian and George Washingtons beat them.  Roberts is an excellent coach and year after year OSU has the best baseball program west of the Rockies.

55 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This will be LSU's seventh appearance in the finals.  Pretty good success in the previous six.

Image result for lsu baseball six national championships

Those "gorilla ball" clubs of LSU in the 90s were a terror to face.  Seemed they scored 15 a game 

5 hours ago, AU64 said:

Well...ball back up the middle...tag 2nd for the last out and LSU goes back to the finals.  

Oregon State had a great season.....LSU pitching handcuffed them 2 out of 3.

I am really surprised that OSU is out. I was pulling for them.

15 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

And there folks is another reason to feel good about Auburn baseball.  All SEC final in Omaha...what an awesome league.  In every freakin' way.

So now I have to be a corndog fan because I don't really like that Gator team.

JMO but hard to  have a favorite in this match-up.....but should be some good baseball....both teams have about used up their pitching staffs.....though I expect both coaches will go with pitchers on short rest since win or lose, this is going to be the end of their seasons.

Watching the depth of the "final four"....gotta say that AU has a long way to go to be able to compete favorably in a multi-game tournament of this type.   Can beat a lot of good teams once or twice in a 3 game series...but that's about it.

Between the two I am pulling for :lsu: over :uf:.

Them winning would make a lot of people happy where I live, including my Co workers. 

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Between the two I am pulling for :lsu: over :uf:.

Them winning would make a lot of people happy where I live, including my Co workers. 

Ha, I was born in Lafayette, love me some Tony Robichaux.  "We want guys who drink out the water hose...."

I have a great deal of respect for both those coaches (Mainieri and O'Sullivan).  Very different in their approaches.  Being a catcher, I also have really enjoyed watching both do their jobs very well.  Papiersksi spends too much time on his knees for my liking, but they both are just about invisible in terms of realizing they're back there...neither of them hardly ever make a mistake.  I expect for LSU to make it 7 for 7.

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Ha, I was born in Lafayette, love me some Tony Robichaux.  "We want guys who drink out the water hose...."

I have a great deal of respect for both those coaches (Mainieri and O'Sullivan).  Very different in their approaches.  Being a catcher, I also have really enjoyed watching both do their jobs very well.  Papiersksi spends too much time on his knees for my liking, but they both are just about invisible in terms of realizing they're back there...neither of them hardly ever make a mistake.  I expect for LSU to make it 7 for 7.

love that quote

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Tony is a great coach.  The baseball/softball programs at ULL are, I think, one of the premiere duo programs in the country.  The softball facility is world class and the baseball just updated their facility as well.  Just beautiful facilities.  Not a lot of people realize how consistently good they have been.  Maybe I would not have either if I wasn't living here lol.  

LSU pitcher making his first start in 2 years and does pretty well until the top of the 4th....but UF started getting to him and a long ground rule double to center brings in run number 3 for Florida.   A few walks and a couple hits and the damage was done.

Florida pitching their #2 pitcher Singer and he is dealing tonight....

Another HR from LSU to pull the score closer at 3-1 in the bottom of the 6h and a walk and a single and it's 3-2. 

Singer struggled a bit but got out if leaving 2 on and UF comes to bat top of 7th.  Singer at about 95 pitches and that might be it.

Archived