VCU Guard Samir Doughty transferring to Auburn

Charhair

On 11/12/2018 at 3:53 PM, Tiger said:

I'm just glad we did not lose any of our glass crashing prowess with Murray leaving. I love how we attack the boards. 

I was thinking that but we sure did last game and that's one thing I don't feel anybody can argue about with Herron, even people that don't think too much of him, he's an excellent rebounder for a guard. Losing him and Murray at the same time Pearl had to be concerned

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I was thinking that but we sure did last game and that's one thing I don't feel anybody can argue about with Herron, even people that don't think too much of him, he's an excellent rebounder for a guard. Losing him and Murray at the same time Pearl had to be concerned

I think I said that after the Washington game when we dominated the glass. Since that game we have been far from dominant vs good teams. The Washington game really looked like us last year, but I don't think we are that team this season on the boards while we are still serviceable. I think we were out rebounded by a few vs Duke, but we did dominate Xavier on the glass, and I think we were about even with Arizona out in Maui if I recall correctly but Dayton pretty much cleaned our clock on the boards. We gotta get that corrected pretty much today because our schedule is all tough games from here on out 

With our starting 5 of Doughty, Harper,Brown, Mc, and Chuma, you are going without a Center and 3 guards.  That leaves most of the rebounding to Chuma and Mc.  With that 5 you are probably going to be out rebounded in many cases.  When you have Horace and Wiley , then you are better equipped.  Doughty has helped some on the boards, averaging right at 5 in 23.5 min per game...(Harper and Brown avg 5 between them in about 32 min per game....  One weapon AU has not really unveiled i think is OKEKE down low.  He is a beast posting up and taking his man to the basket.  They really need to exploit that and use that more on the days the 3's just won't fall

Archived