2018 4* S Jamien Sherwood Commits to Auburn!!!****

Updated 7/25/17: Jamien commits to AU!

From the first time I went to Auburn, I felt at home. I was supposed to go to Tennessee that weekend but one of the coaches called me and said it would be better if I came another time because they had another recruit there.  I was on the phone with Coach Brown, Auburn’s defensive backs coach, and he gave me an offer and invited me to their spring game. I called my 7-on-7 coach and he said we could go to Auburn. I got the offer Wednesday, on Friday we went to Florida’s spring game and then we went to Auburn.

The second time I went to Auburn, my mom and my brother came and the coaches laid it out to us. Like all the other colleges, they told me that they wanted me, but it felt different there. Like they really wanted me and like I was a top priority for them. That was at the beginning of the summer. Every day since then, I’ve been constantly thinking about that school. No other school has been on my mind like them.

I went to Auburn again this past weekend and that just sealed the deal.  

I’m going to be an Auburn Tiger.

War Eagle!

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2017/07/25/exclusive-jensen-beach-db-jamien-sherwood-announces-college-pick/504426001/

4_5157647.jpg
Jamien Sherwood, S
Jensen Beach, FL
Ht: 6'2 | Wt: 195

• Class of 2018
  • Unofficial Visits to AU 7/22/17 and 6/03/17
  • Recruiter: Greg Brown
  • Rivals250 prospect
  • 69 tackles, two interceptions and four punt returns for touchdowns in 2016

247Sports: 3*
Rivals: 4*

Offers: Auburn, Duke, Florida, Florida A&M, FAU, Florida State, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, LSU, Marshall, Mercer, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi State, NC State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Samford, Tennessee, UCF and USF, among others.

Edited by ellitor

I'm not dressing up OP's anymore except the pinned recruiting thread. I've backed way down on what I do so recruiting is just a hobby & not my life.

As for Sherwood we have been in this thing a couple months.

Edited by ellitor

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I'm not editing OP's anymore except the pinned recruiting thread. I've backed way down on what I do so recruiting is just a hobby & not my life.

As for Sherwood we have been in this thing a couple months.

Curious E, what do you do for employment? Don't you work at Auburn?

1 minute ago, thaitopher said:

Curious E, what do you do for employment? Don't you work at Auburn?

During sports seasons. 

Edited by ellitor

22 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

What would Sherwood bring to Auburn's table? I don't know a lot about him.

A really big safety some think will grow into a LB.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Are you..Sher

I wood be willing to bet.

19 hours ago, Croogie said:

no, he will bring spoons!!!!!  "They hurt ,ore you twit"  

F me he cleared it...

• 3 weeks later...

Tigers take Crystal Ball lead for key defensive target

Auburn is trending for one of the top defensive backs on the board.

6_5286040.jpg
Safety Jamien Sherwood is a key Tigers target. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Auburn has trended up with Jamien Sherwood of late and now that is reflected in the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Before I made my pick for the Tigers on July 1, they had zero Crystal Ball predictions for Sherwood, a 3-star safety from Jensen Beach (Fla.). Today, they now have the lead.

Auburn has 55 percent of the 11 predictions made. But it's who dropped the past two picks that is eye-opening.

Both Andrew Ivins and David Lake of InsideTheU, which covers Miami, now have Sherwood Crystal Balled to Auburn. The Hurricanes have been thought to be a top contender.

For now, the chatter is all about Auburn.

The Tigers have made Sherwood a priority and it could pay off. He'll visit Auburn on Saturday for the Tigers' prospect cookout. That will be his third trip to Auburn this year.

• Like 3

We got Smoke and now it is looking real good for Sherwood two top level Safety's Bird probably has a crocodile grin at this time.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We got Smoke and now it is looking real good for Sherwood two top level Safety's Bird probably has a crocodile grin at this time.

Yes I do!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Believe JS will be one of our commits this weekend.

Man don't tease me like this! I pray you're correct my new friend!