2018 4* S Jamien Sherwood Commits to Auburn!!!****

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I know bad trait I have...now I feel bad numnuts

Give it time...it'll be like it never happened.

• Like 2

Of all of the recruiting services, which one do you guys think is the most accurate with rating players? Scout seems to be the least IMHO.  If you had to list them from the most reliable or accurate to the least, what would be your take on this? My take is..........

1. ESPN

2. Rivals

3. 247 

4. Scout 

Edited by doc4aday

1 minute ago, doc4aday said:

Of all of the recruiting services, which one do you guys think is the most accurate with rating players? Scout seems to be the least IMHO.  If you had to list them from the most reliable or accurate to the least, what would be your take on this? My take is..........

1. ESPN

2. Rivals

3. 247 

4. Scout 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'd go composite then 247. Not a fan of the other 3 individually.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'd go composite then 247. Not a fan of the other 3 individually.

To me, they are the same entity.

Welcome aboard and War Eagle. We now have two Stud Safety's in this clas addressing an area of real concern.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Welcome aboard and War Eagle. We now have two Stud Safety's in this clas addressing an area of real concern.

Fuqua as well

• Like 1

Thanks even though he is listed as an athlete I had forgotten we were looking at him as a safety.

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Thanks even though he is listed as an athlete I had forgotten we were looking at him as a safety.

He has now decided to focus solely on safety.(1$ to E)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He has now decided to focus solely on safety.(1$ to E)

That is *fantastic* news. 

And Marsh might be able to provide depth, too.

Rankings be damned, this is starting look like a pretty well rounded class if we can get an OT or two in. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That is *fantastic* news. 

And Marsh might be able to provide depth, too.

Rankings be damned, this is starting look like a pretty well rounded class if we can get an OT or two in. 

I don't know jack about what to look for in a player's abilities but it seems we made a steal with Marsh

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

So you're saying Fuqua & Marsh aren't studs? :drippingsarcasm7pa:

Edited by ellitor

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

So you're saying Fuqua & Marsh aren't studs? :drippingsarcasm7pa:

LOL - You and Bird keep me on my toes I had forgotten Fuqua was being recruited as a Safety and Marsh (Safety, LB, Star) yes they are studs. You have my mea culpa. My excuse I am getting old and forgetful. That excuse will probably work as well on this board as it does with my wife. She usually replies with nice try.

So to fix my error War Eagle to all 4 of our stud safety's.

Edited by AuburnNTexas

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

My excuse I am getting old and forgetful.

Well we forgive you more than we do Golf.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:03 PM, ellitor said:

Gotcha.

It seems that ESPN gave us the highest rating for our 2017 class coming in with 14 total 4-Star recruits.  You have to say that Gus & his staff have done a remarkable job signing some excellent players since becoming our coach.  I am excited about the 2017 season and see a team that will perform well on both sides of the ball. The offense is by far the more intriguing with the passing game becoming more prevalent than since Gus arrived. My gut feeling tells me we will average at least 480 or more yards per game of which will not be top loaded with weaker teams we will face.  If Coach Steele and staff can have our defense allowing no more than 330 yards per game average for the season,  we could have a special season that we all have been looking for in the past few years.

• Like 1

Why coach feels Auburn commit Jamien Sherwood is unique

By Drew Champlin

Jamien Sherwood made a big impact at the start of his varsity football career at Jensen Beach High School.

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound Sherwood, who committed to Auburn in late July as a safety , was given responsibility to make the defensive calls as a freshman. This is on the same team, coach Tim Caffey said, that produced two senior all-state players.

"They trusted him that much to allow him to call the defense," said Caffey, a former Huffman High School and West Alabama quarterback. "That tells you about his intelligence of the game. He's a student of the game. To me, I think Auburn got a steal."

Sherwood is underrated, his coach says. He's a three-star recruit on the 247Sports composite, but Rivals rates him as a four-star recruit ranked No. 181 nationally.

Auburn identified Sherwood early on, and he made three trips to the school this year, including twice this summer. Clemson offered one week after his Auburn pledge.

Sherwood primarily plays safety and receiver for Jensen Beach, but also gets carries, returns kicks and plays quarterback in certain situations.

"I think he's tremendously underrated," Caffey said. "When you start getting offers from Clemson and Auburn, you've got to be top of the line. I think he's one of the most unique safeties in the nation for the simple fact that his mental aspect separates him and that he can go from instant defense to instant offense. You have corners who can do that, but not many safeties who can.

"Obviously I'm biased, I've played against some of the best and coached against the best. He's one of the best kids I've ever seen."

Caffey sees Sherwood as a safety who could come down in the box if needed, but doesn't think he will grow into a full-time linebacker.

Sherwood is a tremendous leader off the field, Caffey said, with a grade point average higher than 3.0. He is on pace to graduate in December and enroll early.

"He's a legitimate 4.4 (seconds in the) 40 (yard dash) guy," Caffey said. "But he plays faster in a game than what you'll see running a natural 40.

"Most guys his height don't have the fluid hips. He does. He has the ability to change direction really well. He almost plays like he's a 5-foot-10 guy."

RELATED: 2018 Auburn commits

Auburn coaches had a need in this recruiting class at safety and filled it with Sherwood,Quindarious Monday of Atlanta, Decatur's Josh Marsh and Kolbi Fuqua of Cordova . Caffey said Auburn coaches made Sherwood feel at home and like a top priority.

And Caffey feels that Sherwood will fit right in on The Plains.

"He's a unique breed of kid for this era," Caffey said. "He's old school. He just wants to play football. He's one of those throwbacks where he could have played in the '40s. That's just how he is."

• Like 5
  • Love 1

This read makes me feel even better about this kid. I especially like the two areas high football IQ and plays like old school. That is a heck of a combination especially when added to his skill set.

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This read makes me feel even better about this kid. I especially like the two areas high football IQ and plays like old school. That is a heck of a combination especially when added to his skill set.

That paired with QM at the other safety spot is probably @bigbird's dream. I didn't see much safety play from his highlights so this did make me feel better as well.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Title updated. Sherwood is now a 4*.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love having more stars in our class!!! WOOOOO!!!