2018 4* S Jamien Sherwood Commits to Auburn!!!****

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

I hope not. After this year, we would have two on roster...both true freshman this year...and one hasn't shown up yet. We need another.

Who hasn't shown up yet?

3* - 4* it does not matter.  Like several have already said look at the offer sheet.  Apparently a lot of experts think he's pretty good based on the schools that want him.  Welcome to Auburn Mr. Sherwood and WAR EAGLE!!!!    BOOM!!!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, casatiger said:

Are we done with safeties in this class? 

Barring a decomitment later I think so.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I hope not. After this year, we would have two on roster...both true freshman this year...and one hasn't shown up yet. We need another.

I thought Daniel Thomas played Nickel/Safety some? Also there is a good bit of talk of Dean moving to Safety but with his injury history you don't know what you are going to get.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dabrasco said:

Isnt Fuqua being looked at for Safety? That would make three in this class. I would be looking for me some corners and OTs.

4 when you count the hybrid.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:15 AM, Beaker said:

Some of the better puns....

No, some of the petter buns!

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was told this about Sherwood............................. R Lewis clone that will play the right position, safety. Like Lewis should have. 

You talking Ricardo Louis? 

Glad you picked AU Mr. Sherwood! Love how we are taking care of the safety position in this class. He looked fairly slim in his video so i wouldn't be too worried about him out growing the safety position just yet.

Quite the commit frenzy we've had the past few days and i'm really enjoying it! :bananadance: 

20 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Was told this about Sherwood............................. R Lewis clone that will play the right position, safety. Like Lewis should have. 

Ricardo would be been much more effective at safety, IMO

Ricardo would be been much more effective at safety, IMO

This sounded like the guy on Fat Albert with the boggin pulled down over his eyes.

2 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

This sounded like the guy on Fat Albert with the boggin pulled down over his eyes.

:laugh:

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

@bigbird tell me about this guy and how you feel about him at safety 

He sher wood make a good one jeez what is wrong with me today I'm sorry y'all

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

@bigbird tell me about this guy and how you feel about him at safety 

Just some quick thoughts from his HUDL film. He is a very good safety. To me, one of his biggest assets is he dissects plays very well. Recognition and reaction to the play is extremely quick, which, to me, indicates good film study. He takes good angles and has very good ball skills. His hips and eyes are very fluid which help with his really good body control.  His length is an asset and allows him to play a little looser in HS but he will need to improve his hand placements and jams in college. He plays well in-phase and has the speed to close when out of phase. He seems to accelerate into and through the tackle and brings players down rather than going for the big hit..although he can hit well when in position. He doesn't shy away from contact and takes on blocks aggressively. A long, tall safety with speed and instincts. Yeah, I like it!

• Like 6

Just some quick thoughts from his HUDL film. He is a very good safety. To me, one of his biggest assets is he dissects plays very well. Recognition and reaction to the play is extremely quick, which, to me, indicates good film study. He takes good angles and has very good ball skills. His hips and eyes are very fluid which help with his really good body control.  His length is an asset and allows him to play a little looser in HS but he will need to improve his hand placements and jams in college. He plays well in-phase and has the speed to close when out of phase. He seems to accelerate into and through the tackle and brings players down rather than going for the big hit..although he can hit well when in position. He doesn't shy away from contact and takes on blocks aggressively. A long, tall safety with speed and instincts. Yeah, I like it!

Exactly what I wanted, thank you

• Like 1

To me, one of his biggest assets is he dissects plays very well. Recognition and reaction to the play is extremely quick, which, to me, indicates good film study. He takes good angles and has very good ball skills. His hips and eyes are very fluid which help with his really good body control.  His length is an asset and allows him to play a little looser in HS but he will need to improve his hand placements and jams in college. He plays well in-phase and has the speed to close when out of phase. He seems to accelerate into and through the tackle and brings players down rather than going for the big hit..although he can hit well when in position. He doesn't shy away from contact and takes on blocks aggressively. A long, tall safety with speed and instincts.

Do they have a scouting app at NFL.com that spews this out?  LOL...good analysis though.:yes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

He doesn't shy away from contact and takes on blocks aggressively

I suppose this means he can blow through a WR screen play in the flat?

giphy.gif

Edited by AUBwins
added gif
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Now I feel much better about him. Thanks oh yellow one!

6 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Mush Mouth.

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

copy paste much????:-\