In 2012 did you watch every game until the end?

gr82b4au

If you've got young children and can watch every play of every game, even in a great year, then kudos to you. I'm not that talented. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, kd4au said:

Sometimes things come up weddings, funerals etc.to keep me from watching, but if I'm watching the game I never ever turn it off because we are losing.If I quit then how can I complain about the team if they quit.Oh and I forgot if I'm at the game I would never leave before it is over,have seen this several times even when we are winning people.I'll never understand that.

Will never forget, my Dad, My brother, and myself huddled around a little radio in an upstairs room in a little church in 1974. Listening to the Auburn, Florida game. The game was tight in the 4th quarter, and the entire wedding party was downstairs waiting on us. My brother darn near missed his own wedding. 

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Will never forget, my Dad, My brother, and myself huddled around a little radio in an upstairs room in a little church in 1974. Listening to the Auburn, Florida game. The game was tight in the 4th quarter, and the entire wedding party was downstairs waiting on us. My brother darn near missed his own wedding. 

We did the same thing at my sisters wedding an Auburn - Georgia game.I not sure what year it was now but I think it was 1989.

21 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Hear Hear. If I can watch all of that Clemson game last year, I can watch anything. 

Those who stayed until the end for that one almost saw a Hail Mary beat the #2 team. I've watched that play a few times. If only the football gods had tipped the ball a few inches closer to Nate Craig, he would've been a household name in Auburn after only his first game 

I can watch every game of every season and endure almost every game the torture and pain that was 2012 and 2008 but there is 1 thing I will not do. I will not watch a Iron Bowl I know we are about to get blown out of. I can not. Will not. Won't ever do it. It is way to painful for me. If we even have the slightest of hope like 2011 and 2015 heck I will even watch then but 2012 and 2008? Heck no. I have never seen 1 play of that game and do not plan to. 

I was at the Clempsum, Vandy, and THUGA(went to a few other games as well) games and stayed until the very end. What sucked the most to me was how we started the Clempsum game and then enduring the outcome of that game and the rest of the season.

I watch every play of every game no matter how bad it gets! If I can't get to a tv I'll have ear buds in wherever I am. I love Auburn as a fan, but even more as an AU graduate in 1983. I remember "punt bama punt" and swore I would never miss another play if humanly possible! Man I'm old!

I try to never miss a play. Usually at all home games and a lot of away games. Would much rather be at the game than watch on Tv. Feel  like I can literally help cheer them on to victory! They have broken my heart many times but more than made up for it with thrillers- punt, bama, punt, bo over the top, Reggie slack last second pass in the Fla game, Ricardo Louis against ga and my all time favorite- kick six! Always great to be an Auburn tiger!

I was 14 at the time and watched every game until UGA. At the point I had given up. Watching my boy JWall start was fun, but so very sad. A&M was when I realized how bad we were. 

I remember the 72 IB. My dad had tickets but he gave them to me and my brother while my dad stayed home and listened to it on radio. At least that was his plan.

I guy my sister had dated but had decided to stop seeing decided to drop by. He was not much of a sports fan and cared even less about the IB.

He sat there and talked my dad's ears off through the entire game. I'm not even sure if my dad got to actually listen to the comeback. Needless to say my dad was not exactly wild about the company he had during the game.

I watched all that was shown on tv.  Of course, I took a lot of puke breaks.  I never thought I would see guys wearing our uniforms quit, but a lot of them just plain quit.  

4 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Sanders and Tillman.

Your posts make my day:laugh:

Try to watch it all. Makes me mad at times but sometimes just resign myself to losing the ballgame. Hope to see bright spots and didn't understand why if certain players are not getting job done, bring in new ones at whatever position.

Watched every second of every game.  Sat through the cold at the A&M game until the end. (I also sat through the entire 1980 42-0 loss to Tennessee, which I thought was worse.)  As long as the players wearing Auburn jerseys are risking injury while representing my alma mater, they have earned my respect and devotion, whether they are winning or losing.

Yes, I did watch every play of every game last season, except for the very end of the Sugar Bowl..

Some games made me very happy :jossun:and some, like the last three games, made me not so happy :angry:

If not live, then I did on DVR.  I have middle school kids, so Saturdays are sometimes booked up. 

One thing I remember from 2012 is that when most everyone around him seemed to have given up, Jonathan Wallace seemed to give it all he had.  #12 will always have my respect for giving it 100% that year even when everyone in the stadium knew what was up.

I made it a point to stay and watch, simply to enjoy the effort of a true freshman thrown into the SEC meat grinder and watch him Don Quijote the Hell out of the opponent's defense.

onathan Wallace

Archived