‘Trump Is What Happens When a Political Party Abandons Ideas’

homersapien

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/06/24/intellectual-conservatives-lost-republican-trump-215259

As surprising as Trump’s young presidency has been, it’s also the natural outgrowth of 30 years of Republican pandering to the lowest common denominator in American politics.

"One real-world result of the lobotomizing of conservative intellectualism is that when forced to produce a replacement for Obamacare—something Republican leaders had sworn they had in their pocket for eight years—there was nothing. Not just no legislation—no workable concept that adhered to the many promises Republicans had made, like coverage for pre-existing conditions and the assurance that nobody would lose their coverage. You’d think that House Speaker Ryan could have found a staff slot for one person to be working on an actual Obamacare replacement all these years, just in case."

^^^^THIS^^^^

The  GOP  has  one goal and it's to undo everything  Obama did, from healthcare to environmental issues. They aren't a party of leaders they are a party of liars and the evidence is in their Commander in Chief. 

"It wasn’t just that Trump disgusted me; I was disgusted with myself for being so stupid. I no longer trusted my own powers of observation and analysis."

Uh, I hate to break it to you there sport, but after that piece it appears you are still stupid. You learned nothing.

Wow, and we have almost 8 more years of this President.

GRAND OLD PARTY

‘Trump Is What Happens When a Political Party Abandons Ideas’

As surprising as Trump’s young presidency has been, it’s also the natural outgrowth of 30 years of Republican pandering to the lowest common denominator in American polit 

Archived