Did Obama Know About Russian Interference?

Proud Tiger

Trump says in an interview that the CIA gave Obama info regarding Russian hacking/interference well before the election. IF true, it deserves looking into does it not?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/24/trump-questions-why-obama-allegedly-did-nothing-about-russia-hacking-in-fox-interview.html

Trump can have it both ways. He can't be dismissive of Russian hacking, suggesting it could be anyone, yet blame Obama for doing noting about the hacking. 

Trump is POTUS now. What is he doing to insure this never happens again? And what the GOP needs to remember is that Putin isn't one of them. Next election he might favor a Democrat. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Trump can have it both ways. He can't be dismissive of Russian hacking, suggesting it could be anyone, yet blame Obama for doing noting about the hacking. 

Trump is POTUS now. What is he doing to insure this never happens again? And what the GOP needs to remember is that Putin isn't one of them. Next election he might favor a Democrat. 

I guess my point was not Trump having it both way? BUT IF what he says the CIA told him re. Obama is true what do you think? Seems to me if what he says is true Obama seemingly hurt the Dems by keeping quiet way before the election.

28 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess my point was not Trump having it both way? BUT IF what he says the CIA told him re. Obama is true what do you think? Seems to me if what he says is true Obama seemingly hurt the Dems by keeping quiet way before the election.

Right or wrong Obama was trying to act in the interest of the country by respecting and preserving the electoral process.  Had he gone public, it would have certainly produced a maelstrom threatening the integrity of the election, possibly creating a constitutional crisis.

Of course, he was likely assuming Hillary was going to win and it could be addressed later.

28 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I THINK Obama was in a no win situation. If he had gone public with this then he would have been drawn and quartered by the right. And it's not like he sat back on his laurels and did nothing. He kicked a few Russians out of the country. It's also interesting that this was kept quiet for 10 months when the Trump WH has leaks a plenty. 

The responsibilty for punishing Russia now lies with Trump. And if he fails it lies with congress.

6 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I THINK Obama was in a no win situation. If he had gone public with this then he would have been drawn and quartered by the right. And it's not like he sat back on his laurels and did nothing. He kicked a few Russians out of the country. It's also interesting that this was kept quiet for 10 months when the Trump WH has leaks a plenty. 

The responsibilty for punishing Russia now lies with Trump. And if he fails it lies with congress.

How do you think Trump or Congress can punish Russia anymore than the sanctions they have already levied?

4 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

How do you think Trump or Congress can punish Russia anymore than the sanctions they have already levied?

The first thing Trump needs to do is publicly acknowledge Russia interfered. And the Srnste blocked Trump from lifting sanctions on Russia. Trump should take a hard line stance with Russia like he has with our allies. But I'm not holding my breath.

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

He took the chance she would win anyway and that bringing up would be dismiss by Republicans.

7 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

He took the chance she would win anyway and that bringing up would be dismiss by Republicans.

It was dismissed by the Republicans.

The question in the OP has now been answered.....YES. And this top Dem on the House Intelligence  Committee thinks Obama should have done more to stop Russia's meddling.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/26/obama-should-have-done-more-to-counter-russias-election-meddling-top-dem-says.html

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

The question in the OP has now been answered.....YES. And this top Dem on the House Intelligence  Committee thinks Obama should have done more to stop Russia's meddling.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/26/obama-should-have-done-more-to-counter-russias-election-meddling-top-dem-says.html

He makes a good point. Had he done so, Trump wouldn't be president.  

But we would likely be in the middle of an electoral crisis.

Just now, homersapien said:

Had he done so, Trump wouldn't be president.  But we would likely be in the middle of an electoral crisis.

Like we are now.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Like we are now.

Well, I understand your point but I would call it more of a presidential crisis.  

At least that can be resolved in the next election, if it doesn't resolve itself sooner.  I am still optimistic that the election of Trump will actually be better for the country in the longer term than an allegedly "rigged" Clinton term, which is how the right would have positioned it. 

Thanks solely to the electoral college, Trump won.  So the country needs to pay the consequences. 

Like Churchill said about the U.S., we allways do the right thing - after trying everything else.

Weak by any standard. Even Obama himself NEVER acknowledged it and the fact Obama knew was NEVE discussed in the debates. So much for his touted transparency.

12 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Like we are now.

What electorial crisis are we in? It worked perfectly.

Archived