Late Season Situations

AU Is Gold

Which late season situation out of the two would you prefer? 

1. Auburn is in the championship game against Alabama. Alabama is 14-0 and Auburn is 12-1 with their only loss to Alabama. 

2. Auburn is 11-1, losing their only game to LSU. Alabama is 11-1, losing to Auburn. LSU is 9-3. Auburn is playing in the SEC championship game against a 10-2 Georgia team. Alabama is going to the playoffs. The winner of the SEC championship is going to the playoffs.

#1 would be my choice and beat them for the NC

#2, then we beat Bama for the 2nd time in one season on our way to a championship and watch Tuscaloosa implode. 

Why would anyone pick playing for the SEC Championship over playing in the national championship, no matter who our opponent is?

In scenario 2, there's no assurance that we'll win the SEC Championship and make it to the playoffs whereas scenario 1 you already have us advancing to the natty title game. 

Seems like common sense to me but I'm not common nor do I have any sense.

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

#2, then we beat Bama for the 2nd time in one season on our way to a championship and watch Tuscaloosa implode. 

I second that emotion!

Either scenario would be a great season. I would pick #2.  

We could be SEC Champs AND National Champs in that scenario.

Plus we beat bama and uga at least once each and potentially beat both of them twice in one season!  Count me in!

5 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Either scenario would be a great season. I would pick #2.  

We could be SEC Champs AND National Champs in that scenario.

Plus we beat bama and uga at least once each and potentially beat both of them twice in one season!  Count me in!

For me, this is the Auburn dream. Beating Georgia and Alabama twice in one year. 

Much as the loss to Bama in the regular season would sting, I'll take option 1, specifically because it is very difficult to beat a team twice. In the first scenario, Alabama would have to do it to us, in the second, we'd have to do it to UGA just to make the playoffs.

That said, I think we have a much better shot at going into the Iron Bowl undefeated than Bama does. Somehow, I get the feeling they will stumble a time or two in their first 11 games.

Even if either of the two scenarios happen,  I think any way you look at it is wishful thinking. I don't think the SEC will get 2 into the playoff until they expand the field.

We just need to take it 1 game at a time, and win each week. If we do that, the rest will take care of itself

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I never want to play Bama twice. Saban is too good.

Ask LSU

I'll take a one loss Auburn team all day. 

Archived