Question on RB Recruiting

GwillMac6

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

this was even before clemson really took off. We could of def got him and I think we would of.

Man IDK. He was committed to Clemson before we even started a recruiting thread on him on this site and you know me and others get on recruits early..

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

Man IDK. He was committed to Clemson before we even started a recruiting thread on him on this site and you know me and others get on recruits early..

If our coaches truly did not start recruiting him as early as possible with regard to ncaa rules then Chizik and crew are even worse than I thought lol.

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol brad basically says what we all are thinking.

Swing, and a miss, again. Ladamian Webb will probably sign with Louisville, or West Virginia, and lead the nation in rushing.Just kidding, but would be indicative of our running back evaluation, and recruiting of late.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Swing, and a miss, again. Ladamian Webb will probably sign with Louisville, or West Virginia, and lead the nation in rushing.Just kidding, but would be indicative of our running back evaluation, and recruiting of late.

Can't take all of them we already have Worm

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Can't take all of them we already have Worm

Yeah, I thought of that. The only thing I can use for comparison is film. I personally like Webb better. Very impressed with his balance. Don't really know anything about his speed, or actual measurables.

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Yeah, I thought of that. The only thing I can use for comparison is film. I personally like Webb better. Very impressed with his balance. Don't really know anything about his speed, or actual measurables.

Still bitter about Louisville winding up with That QB, and us winding up with JF3 I guess. (Jackson?) Isn't that his name?

4 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Still bitter about Louisville winding up with That QB, and us winding up with JF3 I guess. (Jackson?) Isn't that his name?

Lamar. Heisman Trophy Winner. He has a connection to the Ville though. It was not as close to him coming to AU as people make it seem. Should we of pushed for him more though? HECK YES! Absolutely. That was a swing and a miss. He is a better version of Nick.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lamar. Heisman Trophy Winner. He has a connection to the Ville though. It was not as close to him coming to AU as people make it seem. Should we of pushed for him more though? HECK YES! Absolutely. That was a swing and a miss. He is a better version of Nick.

If he had a committable offer from AU Lamar would have taken it regardless of what Keith has said. Also DeShaun should have won the Heisman. It should be awarded after the entire season is over.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

If he had a committable offer from AU Lamar would have taken it regardless of what Keith has said. Also DeShaun should have won the Heisman. It should be awarded after the entire season is over.

I recall that theory was debunked by KN and it was not just a simple situation where if we pushed harder he would of automatically came to Auburn. Would we have a much better shot? absolutely. I believe he has been over this a few times because he is always asked about this. Ville he said had a few things working in its favor.

34 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Link

Lot of chatter on this site about his recruitment and Auburn's chances/evaluation/etc.

His recruitment is one I have a lot of knowledge of. I know people involved in every area of his recruitment -- every side: Auburn, L'ville, high school.

Yes, Auburn did recruit Lamar. Yes, the Tigers offered. Yes, Auburn already had Tyler Queen commited.

Should Auburn have gotten him? Was it a no-brainer for him to pick the Tigers? Did Auburn whiff?

Guys, I can't answer that.

But I do know this: He had incredibly strong connections to Louisville. And the Cardinals were always going to have a great shot. Not matter what Auburn did, it might not have mattered.

Look on Jackson's profile. Look at his primary Louisville recruiter. It's not an OC or QB coach.

It's former Louisville WR coach Lamar Thomas (now at Kentucky).

Now, why is this significant?

Because the head coach at Bonton Beach High -- Rick Swain -- was Thomas' high school basketball coach -- and a football assistant -- when Thomas was in high school. The two have been very tight for years.

In fact, when Thomas got into coaching, he at first worked under Swain, his former coach.

In recruiting, connections are oh-so-important. They open the door. They help make sure a staff knows of a prospect's every move. When momma asks about the coach in college, a high school coach's opinion of that coach can go a long way.

So Louisville had those -- plus, the fact Teddy Bridgewater also was from South Florida mattered. So did the fact Louisville has done extremely well at getting guys from that part of the country.

So it wasn't just Bobby Petrino that won out .... The Cards had an ace in the hole here.

Having known Swain since 1986 and Thomas since 1988, I can tell you this mattered in his recritment. It mattered a LOT.

"(Jackson) saw the success that Teddy Bridgewater had (at Louisville), and Lamar is very similar to Bridgewater," Swain said. "Obviously, you can't say he's as good as Bridgewater – he was awesome – but they're very similar, and Lamar might, in fact, I know, he has more speed than Bridgewater did."

Anyway, I always like to pass along info when I have it.

Remember, Florida made a late push and Louisville beat out Muschamp for Jackson.

@GwillMac6 I know what Keith said. What I am telling you is every single other credible AU source said AU would have landed Lamar if he had a committable AU offer which he never had. Keith is great and the best at what he does but he is not perfect & he was point blank wrong here.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@GwillMac6 I know what Keith said. What I am telling you is every single other credible AU source said AU would have landed Lamar if he had a committable AU offer which he never had. Keith is great and the best at what he does but he is not perfect & he was point blank wrong here.

WO!!! E off the top rope!!! lol that is a very strong rebuttal! I can dig the confidence.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, ellitor said:

I like Pierce better. Master was the closest thing we had to a shot at elite in this class at 1 time.

Asa is not our answer at rb.  He will likely commit to bama. Pierce looks good for us atm with HJ also being in the mix. Now will bama push for Asa I don't know but if they do they will get the "so called" lifelong Auburn fan. Like I said I don't believe he is the answer for us at rb.

On 7/2/2017 at 6:45 AM, milehighfan said:

I haven't heard much about Martin lately. Anybody have an update on him?

Still believed to be a Bama lean. Nothing new.

I read where Martin claimed to have grown up an Auburn fan. If that's the case why he is so torqued up about playing for bama?

If he was a LB I could understand. But he is a RB for crying out loud and I think he could do some heavy lifting for Auburn in CCL's offense.:wareagle:

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

I read where Martin claimed to have grown up an Auburn fan. If that's the case why he is so torqued up about playing for bama?

If he was a LB I could understand. But he is a RB for crying out loud and I think he could do some heavy lifting for Auburn in CCL's offense.:wareagle:

A lot of times in these situations it's family influence.

17 minutes ago, ellitor said:

A lot of times in these situations it's family influence.

and let's just be real here if we may for a second. Whenever these kids say they are a "fan" of a school it is nowhere near the level of fan we are.

Archived