GOAT

RunInRed

There was a time in my junior year at Vestavia that McAdory (he was a senior) played in the Rebel Classic baseball tournament and I thought I wanted a shot at throwing him out trying to steal.  I didn't get that chance, probably would've wet the bed, but I did see him hit a ball into those pine trees there at what is now Sammy Dunn field.  404 to dead center with a 25' batters eye backdrop and it was still going up when it tore out 3 or four limbs.  His athletic greatness can never be overstated.

You forget just how fast Bo was until you watch his highlights again.We may never see another back with his speed and power.

I saw him throw out a guy from the right field fence at AU as the guy was tagging from third- standing flat footed with no crow hop, on a line with no hop. Back when the baseball "stadium" was about like most high school fields. Me and about twenty other people saw it, lol. Some nondescript mid-week game when I was walking home from Parker Hall. Unbelievable athlete, feel so fortunate to have been there to personally witness his greatness while I was at AU.

23 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Man. That throw to gun down Reynolds at home plate. Beautiful.

To really understand how great that throw was you have to realize how fast Reynolds was. I love Reynolds reaction at the time and also love hearing tell about it years later.

My favorite memory of Bo is watching defensive players futilely trying to bend their angle of pursuit as he was running wide.  This happened both in college and in the pro's.

His speed was in a league of it's own.

Each time I watch highlights like this of Bo, I get some kind of new appreciation for what kind of athlete he was. I don't believe Ill ever fully be able to wrap my head around how incredibly he played both sports. 

On 6/27/2017 at 8:43 PM, kd4au said:

You forget just how fast Bo was until you watch his highlights again.We may never see another back with his speed and power.

Especially in college, everyone on the field looked slow but him. He just made them appear that way.

On 6/27/2017 at 8:43 PM, kd4au said:

Blazing. It's hard for me to fathom. 

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Especially in college, everyone on the field looked slow but him. He just made them appear that way.

Even in the NFL he looked faster than everyone and by a lot.Those are not slow DB 's he runs away from with ease.

Archived