Susan Rice Tries Double Whammy

Proud Tiger

No she didn't.  Read the article.  The reporter did.

“Why me? Why not Jay Carney, for example, who was then our press secretary, who stood up more?” she asked.

Tomasky noted in the piece that Carney “isn’t an African-American woman, of course” and apparently asked Rice whether that is the key factor. Rice, in response, left the door open:

“I don’t know… I do not leap to the simple explanation that it’s only about race and gender. I’m trying to keep my theories to myself until I’m ready to come out with them. It’s not because I don’t have any.” 

58 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Right on, Soul Sistah!

race_card.gif

I don't believe a word this woman says, because, Benghazi...

Glad you said it not me but I sure as heck agree.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

No she didn't.  Read the article.  The reporter did.

YOU read the article. The first paragraph says SHE suggested in the interview that race and gender played a part in the scrutiny she has faced. Hence the title of the article.

4 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

YOU read the article. The first paragraph says SHE suggested in the interview that race and gender played a part in the scrutiny she has faced. Hence the title of the article.

Reading comprehension problems.   

The first paragraph is the REPORTER'S interpretation.  But when you read the WHOLE article you see that SHE did not invoke that and in fact declined to make such a suggestion.  

Pay attention to the actual quotes.

47 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Reading comprehension problems.   

The first paragraph is the REPORTER'S interpretation.  But when you read the WHOLE article you see that SHE did not invoke that and in fact declined to make such a suggestion.  

Pay attention to the actual quotes.

I see it differently but have it your way. it has been on the news today but I guess that just proves fake news.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

I see it differently but have it your way. it has been on the news today but I guess that just proves fake news.

Yes, you see it as you wish to see it and I actually read what she said and what she specifically declined to say.  That a reporter or reporters wishes to put words into her mouth or insinuate something she didn't say is their problem, and yours.

And I don't give a whit about Susan Rice one way or the other.  I just despise dishonest reporting.

The more pressing question is why anyone would ask Susan Rice a question. The Obama administration's Designated Liar has no problem with lying. Asking Rice a question and expecting to get a meaningful, truthful answer is a fool's errand.

16 hours ago, stoic-one said:

Right on, Soul Sistah!

race_card.gif

I don't believe a word this woman says, because, Benghazi...

Saves you from thinking, which some folks find exhausting.

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, you see it as you wish to see it and I actually read what she said and what she specifically declined to say.  That a reporter or reporters wishes to put words into her mouth or insinuate something she didn't say is their problem, and yours.

And I don't give a whit about Susan Rice one way or the other.  I just despise dishonest reporting.

Interesting that she hasn't denied she said it.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Interesting that she hasn't denied she said it.

She isn't required to.  Her denial is in the damn quote she already gave in the story.  You know, the part where she said:

“I don’t know… I do not leap to the simple explanation that it’s only about race and gender. I’m trying to keep my theories to myself until I’m ready to come out with them. It’s not because I don’t have any.” 

The fact that the reporter couldn't and didn't use quotes showing she said it should be enough.  Of course, if you believe what you want to believe, such details are often ignored.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

OK. Then as I said it suppoirts Trumps continous rants about fake news which the left don't like.

Nice dodge.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Nice dodge.

Glad you like something I post. But you only call it a dodge because you know it's true.

19 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Glad you like something I post. But you only call it a dodge because you know it's true.

I call it a dodge because you dodged.  When called you out on jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about things she didn't say, you changed tactics. 

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I call it a dodge because you dodged.  When called you out on jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about things she didn't say, you changed tactics. 

Did you call any of the news media that reported exactly what I posted and tell them what you are telling me? Specifically you should call out whoever did the headline on the article as I posted it. Fact is neither of us know for certain  at this time if it true.

On 6/29/2017 at 6:55 AM, Mikey said:

The more pressing question is why anyone would ask Susan Rice a question. The Obama administration's Designated Liar has no problem with lying. Asking Rice a question and expecting to get a meaningful, truthful answer is a fool's errand.

Agree with that!!

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Did you call any of the news media that reported exactly what I posted and tell them what you are telling me? Specifically you should call out whoever did the headline on the article as I posted it. Fact is neither of us know for certain  at this time if it true.

PT, this thing where you get upset when you get called and and lash out about whether I've treated everyone else the same needs to stop.  It's immature.

No, I don't know the news media.  I don't converse with them regularly.  We are both long-time members of the same message board, so I'm talking to you.  You are fully capable of reading carefully before jumping to conclusions no matter what the big, bad news media does.  Stop deflecting.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

PT, this thing where you get upset when you get called and and lash out about whether I've treated everyone else the same needs to stop.  It's immature.

No, I don't know the news media.  I don't converse with them regularly.  We are both long-time members of the same message board, so I'm talking to you.  You are fully capable of reading carefully before jumping to conclusions no matter what the big, bad news media does.  Stop deflecting.

Good grief. Did I say one word here about you treating me unfairly. But if the shoe fits wear it. You for sure wouldn't have allowed this thread to go on this long if I was having it with another poster. You would have told us to take it to PMs.

In any event, I posted the OP primarily based on the headline. If she didn't say it so be it. You are the one who is deflecting because you can't say one way or another what she said and as always will doggedly keep posting on and on. Ok you win, I'm thru with it. I rreally don't give a crap whether see did or not. As Mikey said above she is what she is. EOD on my part.

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good grief. Did I say one word here about you treating me unfairly.

The complaint about whether I called any of the news media clearly implies it.  Otherwise there's no reason to bring it up.

But if the shoe fits wear it. You for sure wouldn't have allowed this thread to go on this long if I was having it with another poster. You would have told us to take it to PMs.

No, because this isn't personal.  It's still about the story you posted.  We are discussing what the story said vs what Susan Rice actually said and why you can't make the claims you've made.

In any event, I posted the OP primarily based on the headline. If she didn't say it so be it. You are the one who is deflecting because you can't say one way or another what she said and us always will doggedly keep posting on and on. Ok you win, I'm thru with it. I rreally don't give a crap whether see did or not. As Mikey said above she is what she is. EOD on my part.

She didn't say it.  Period.  No "if."  Had you read the article beforehand more carefully instead of running with the easy headline that aligned with your presuppositions, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all because you likely would have declined to post it.  If this was an article claiming a conservative that you like said something, but you read the article and saw the quotes this one does, you'd be complaining about the liberal bias of the media.  But when the situation is reversed, you run with it like it was inscribed on tablets brought down the mountain by Moses.

And yes, I can say one way or the other what she said because the article gives us her quotes.  If the reporter had actual quotes that backed up the assumption the headline made, they would be in there.  Now, what I cannot say is what she really thinks the reasons are for how she's being treated.  Because, again from her own quotes, she declines to state what she thinks the reasons are.  But she clearly says that she is not leaping to simple conclusions that it's about race or gender. 

Archived