2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup - USA! USA! USA! wins the cup!

AUDub

Another good attack and Arriola almost get on the end of another cross. We're dialing up the pressure.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morris is gassed on the left wing. Gyasi warming up and that's probably who he's coming on for.

Morris with a shot that forces a nice save from Miller. 

We got lucky. Jamaica is dangerous on counters, and they had a nice one there off our corner. 

Dempsey gets on the end of a cross and forces a deflected save, hitting the bar. Yeesh that was close. Arriola off for Zardes.

Another lucky break. A phantom offsides call on Mattocks. 

Jamaica milking clock and playing for extra time now. 

Altidore wins a FK awfully close to shooting range. Clint will be taking. 

Pings around in the box and nobody can get a good shot on frame. 

JORDAN MORRIS IN THE 88TH! 

A cross from Zardes is cleared poorly! It falls to Morris, who cranks it inside the right upright!

Our last sub will be Dax McCarty for Nagbe, 3 minutes of stoppage. 

Ballgame! The USA closes out the Gold Cup with a win!

10 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Ballgame! The USA closes out the Gold Cup with a win!

What a match, man. The only part that wasn't according to script was Morris actually putting in the winner late. I expected a lot more extra time anguish because USMNT. And Jozy's free kick... I mean, maybe it wasn't stellar goalkeeping, but I thought it was a beaut. 

Michael Bradley really seems to be thriving under Arena and with the young guys around him. 

Deuce's header and the save... soccer is so awesome.

Was another solid game across the board.  I don't think it was quite as good as last game but Costa Rica was more open which gave our offense more space to use.  Even though Jamaica bunkered in, we still had chances via tech skill/passing, Set pieces, crosses, put backs ... just about everything possible.

i think I could nit-pick a bunch of different players but it was generally good play.

So far, I like the Acosta/Bradley midfield.  Acosta gets forward better and more consistently than other US mids.  He was inside the 18 a bunch.  Heck, the only guys that weren't inside their 18 (in the run of play) was our 2 center backs and Bradley.  Every other player was deep into the offense.

When woods, pulisic, Fabian, yedlin and (who am I missing) ... we are gonna have some good competition for Russia.  Plus dom Dwyer - who could grow into a monster for the US.

there are gonna be some US favorites that don't go to Russia.  That's a good thing for future success - team competition

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

there are gonna be some US favorites that don't go to Russia.  That's a good thing for future success - team competition

Hear, hear. 

Truly awesome game.  I was so glad Morris hit the GW in regulation. I wouldn't have made it another period.   I feel asleep before the trophy presentation lol.  Awesome that Morris got the kill.  Glad he wasn't subbed. I see some Rooney in that kid.  We have some guys coming through that will be studs for the next 3-4 World Cup cycles.

The header by Dempsey was sick as well, despite hitting the bar.

Some good news for Andre Blake. His injury is only a laceration and the timetable for his return is 2-3 weeks. Thank goodness. He's about the only good thing the Philadelphia Union has going for them this season. Thought he had broken or tore something.

32 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

The header by Dempsey was sick as well, despite hitting the bar.

Miller made a great save in that one. 

28 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Miller made a great save in that one. 

Miller was superb, especially considering the position he was put in.  Wish we could have challenged him more, but give that blanket coverage of Jamaican defense credit.  They made it tough. 

Archived