LGBT Activist Thinks Straight Men Need To Get Used To The Idea Of Dating Trans-Women

TitanTiger

http://www.chicksontheright.com/lgbt-activist-thinks-straight-men-need-get-used-idea-dating-trans-women/

Forgive the source, but it's mostly a reprint of messages from the subject's Twitter account with the expected snarky commentary.  I'm not really interested in hashing out the author's comments.

What bugs me is this idea that straight men are supposed to just "get over it" as to their reticence to date trans women.  

(For those who are understandably confused by the terms, a trans woman is someone who is biologically male but believes they are really female, has decided to identify as such, and now presents themselves to the world as female and expects you to acknowledge it as well.  And this is how you are to view them even if they haven't undergone any surgery and thus still have a penis.)

Just so we're clear, it's not enough to allow someone to let their freak flag fly.  It's not enough not to bother them, or not demand they wear men's clothes.  It's not even enough to acquiesce to their demand that you call them by their new female name and use female pronouns when speaking to or about them.  Now you need to date and have sex with them just like you would regular women and your inability to "work through that" is a problem to be fixed rather than a reasonable and normal reaction to, you know, being a straight man.

:ucrazy:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, this kind of stuff will create more problems for the LGBT community. The more they force their ideals or agendas, the more resistance they will get. More people will come on board and cry foul at the resistance and they will push even harder, then they will meet harder resistance and the cycle will continue to grow and get worse. 

15 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

To me, this kind of stuff will create more problems for the LGBT community. The more they force their ideals or agendas, the more resistance they will get. More people will come on board and cry foul at the resistance and they will push even harder, then they will meet harder resistance and the cycle will continue to grow and get worse. 

I think you're right, but that's what tends to happen when any movement gets greedy.  You go from just fighting for everyone to let you be and "live and let live" to demanding full affirmation and compelling others to bend their behavior to fit your chosen paradigm when you think you have the numbers in your favor.  It rarely ends well.

12 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

The LGBT community is on a roll right now.  They have successfully fought and won (with the help of the NCAA's extortion) upheld the use of public bathrooms for Trans to use whatever bathroom they wish in the state of North Carolina.  In the state of California, they have a travel ban for their government employees to travel to states that do not think the same as Cali on this subject.  As Titan has stated in his reply, "they are getting greedy." And it won't end well.  The problem is, in this politically correct world, you could be labeled a homophobe and shouted down if you disagree.  It could be construed as "hate" speech.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The LGBT community is on a roll right now.  They have successfully fought and won (with the help of the NCAA's extortion) upheld the use of public bathrooms for Trans to use whatever bathroom they wish in the state of North Carolina.  In the state of California, they have a travel ban for their government employees to travel to states that do not think the same as Cali on this subject.  As Titan has stated in his reply, "they are getting greedy." And it won't end well.  The problem is, in this politically correct world, you could be labeled a homophobe and shouted down if you disagree.  It could be construed as "hate" speech.

Yep, thats just another way to force things on people. The live and let live approach is such an easy concept. Its not hard to see that this forced stuff doesn't ever work. Thats why I feel like those who push it this way do not really care about the cause. Its like they have some ulterior motive going on, whether it be their  desire to shame others to feel good about themselves or some grand scheme beyond reasoning.  The secret to peace and acceptance is to accept that you have no control over people, they are not always going to do what you want them to do or think or just go about their lives. not to sound all preachy or anything, but everyone picks up something different when they read the bible, what I picked up is basically....be humble!  don't expect anything from anyone,remove "deserve" entirely from your mind, take the good when it comes and take the bad when it comes, because you'll get all of it randomly. Just live your own life and navigate the obstacles. ..If everyone just did this....Ahh well, Ill just stop the rant here lol!

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

http://www.chicksontheright.com/lgbt-activist-thinks-straight-men-need-get-used-idea-dating-trans-women/

Forgive the source, but it's mostly a reprint of messages from the subject's Twitter account with the expected snarky commentary.  I'm not really interested in hashing out the author's comments.

What bugs me is this idea that straight men are supposed to just "get over it" as to their reticence to date trans women.  

(For those who are understandably confused by the terms, a trans woman is someone who is biologically male but believes they are really female, has decided to identify as such, and now presents themselves to the world as female and expects you to acknowledge it as well.  And this is how you are to view them even if they haven't undergone any surgery and thus still have a penis.)

Just so we're clear, it's not enough to allow someone to let their freak flag fly.  It's not enough not to bother them, or not demand they wear men's clothes.  It's not even enough to acquiesce to their demand that you call them by their new female name and use female pronouns when speaking to or about them.  Now you need to date and have sex with them just like you would regular women and your inability to "work through that" is a problem to be fixed rather than a reasonable and normal reaction to, you know, being a straight man.

:ucrazy:

I doubt that is a perspective that could gain enough traction to accomplish anything, even within the LGBT community.  Of course, it is also not possible to somehow get straight males that do not want to date trans women to "just get over it" and suddenly want to.

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I doubt that is a perspective that could gain enough traction to accomplish anything, even within the LGBT community.  Of course, it is also not possible to somehow get straight males that do not want to date trans women to "just get over it" and suddenly want to.

But within the framework of her logic, it's sound.  To them, trans women are "real" women, just as much as any cisgendered woman is.  So if a straight man refuses to date trans women, he's by definition a bigot.

13 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

But within the framework of her logic, it's sound.  To them, trans women are "real" women, just as much as any cisgendered woman is.  So if a straight man refuses to date trans women, he's by definition a bigot.

Groups like the LBGT community and more specific, the Trans community, will use polically correct speech to "shout" down all that disagree with their thought processes.  It's near impossible to open up a dialogue with anybody these days.  Political correctness has driven real debate underground.  JMO, I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Unfortunately for her, reality does not exist within the framework of her logic.  Cisgendered women have the built-in advantages of having a vagina, and not being burdened with a penis.  That is what straight men are attracted to.  Straight men tend to not be interested in intimacy with other people that have a penis and lack a vagina.  Straight men are not attracted to other people with a penis, and that is not something that can be circumvented.  Accusations of bigotry are not going to change that, and expecting straight men to "just get over it" is just as unreasonable as expecting a homosexual to "just get over it" and be straight.

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Unfortunately for her, reality does not exist within the framework of her logic.  Cisgendered women have the built-in advantages of having a vagina, and not being burdened with a penis.  That is what straight men are attracted to.  Straight men tend to not be interested in intimacy with other people that have a penis and lack a vagina.  Straight men are not attracted to other people with a penis, and that is not something that can be circumvented.  Accusations of bigotry are not going to change that, and expecting straight men to "just get over it" is just as unreasonable as expecting a homosexual to "just get over it" and be straight.

But then what if she has transitioned surgically as well and had a vagina of sorts constructed?  

8 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Groups like the LBGT community and more specific, the Trans community, will use polically correct speech to "shout" down all that disagree with their thought processes.  It's near impossible to open up a dialogue with anybody these days.  Political correctness has driven real debate underground.  JMO, I could be wrong.

I would contend that is not true, as opening a dialogue successfully depends very much on your approach (as it always has).  The internet makes it seem that way as it has erased physical distance as a factor in communication, thus putting more people and different perspectives in direct contact with one another.  In my experience, many people do not know how to have a civil discussion with someone that completely disagrees with them.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

But then what if she has transitioned surgically as well and had a vagina of sorts constructed?  

I knew you were going to ask that.  For myself, I really cannot say, as I have never personally encountered a post-op trans woman.  I can speculate about the obvious conflict that I think a Christian would still have, but I am not a Christian, so I cannot answer for them with any certainty.  Since a post-op trans woman has checked all (or at least most) of the physical and biological check boxes, I can see acceptance as an intimate partner at maybe 50/50 among straight men.

I'm not a religionist, so religion has nothing to do with it but: Operation or not, if I knew someone was born a male I simply couldn't make myself want to be with that person in any sort of romantic or sexual context. Maybe ok for some, but not for me.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

I knew you were going to ask that.  For myself, I really cannot say, as I have never personally encountered a post-op trans woman.  I can speculate about the obvious conflict that I think a Christian would still have, but I am not a Christian, so I cannot answer for them with any certainty.  Since a post-op trans woman has checked all (or at least most) of the physical and biological check boxes, I can see acceptance as an intimate partner at maybe 50/50 among straight men.

I'm not really thinking about it from a religious perspective.  My bet is that the percentage of straight men, if answering the question honestly and not just what they think they should say, would be far lower than 50% that would be comfortable dating or having sex with a trans woman who's had all the surgeries.  They might be fooled initially if the guy wasn't that big/masculine looking prior to transition and had a good plastic surgeon, but once they found out it would be an issue.

3 hours ago, Strychnine said:

I would contend that is not true, as opening a dialogue successfully depends very much on your approach (as it always has).  The internet makes it seem that way as it has erased physical distance as a factor in communication, thus putting more people and different perspectives in direct contact with one another.  In my experience, many people do not know how to have a civil discussion with someone that completely disagrees with them.

I can agree with the bolded statement.  Some people will put you in a category based upon looks, previous posts, generation, etc. before saying or typing a word, regardless of your initial approach.  

Sick and twisted.

Honestly, Titan I am not sure why anyone including and especially you gives a rats pututy about this. I would throw up at the thought of being intimate with a dude or a girl who used to be a dude. I can't and don't want to change that nor should anyone else. She or he or it or whoever published this tweet needs to simply be ignored. 

I do have a good joke I'm reminded of I'll post later. ⛳️

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can agree with the bolded statement.  Some people will put you in a category based upon looks, previous posts, generation, etc. before saying or typing a word, regardless of your initial approach.  

There is truth in that.  That said, let me give you an example from this very forum.  When it comes to social issues, Titan and I are generally polar opposites.  However, we can have a discussion because Titan makes his points logically.  He does not say silly things like "liberalism is a mental disorder" or assert Fox News is the bastion of truth, he supports his position with a well-reasoned argument.  I have the utmost respect for him, because I know we can have a debate or discussion and then have a laugh about something else later, or rejoice about something fortunate affecting Auburn football.  We are brothers.  We may not see eye to eye, but we are brothers nonetheless.  I may disagree with Titan from time to time, but he is the first person I will buy a beer if we ever meet.  That is the standard that should be practiced in these forums, but it is not.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm not really thinking about it from a religious perspective.  My bet is that the percentage of straight men, if answering the question honestly and not just what they think they should say, would be far lower than 50% that would be comfortable dating or having sex with a trans woman who's had all the surgeries.  They might be fooled initially if the guy wasn't that big/masculine looking prior to transition and had a good plastic surgeon, but once they found out it would be an issue.

I was not trying to throw religion in your face as an insult, and I apologize if you took it as such; I think you know I would never do such a thing..  You may be right about the percentage, and we can really never know.  All we can know for a fact is that a post-op trans woman has a better chance of getting a straight man to date her than a pre-op trans woman does of getting a straight man to date her.  I think you and I agree on what ultimately happens when the truth comes out.

28 minutes ago, alexava said:

Honestly, Titan I am not sure why anyone including and especially you gives a rats pututy about this. I would throw up at the thought of being intimate with a dude or a girl who used to be a dude. I can't and don't want to change that nor should anyone else. She or he or it or whoever published this tweet needs to simply be ignored. 

Agree Alex. Had an old fishing truck years ago with " No Fat Chicks" painted on the back. Guess we would need to add to that today.

7 hours ago, Strychnine said:

I think you're way off on your 50/50 acceptance ratio. A straight man would not be interested in the least. By definition however there may be some males interested but I won't categorize them as a straight man. As a Christian I can tell you that we are to love the person but we don't have to love the action of the person. Personally it's difficult for me to live up to. I don't like having agendas pushed my way because someone isn't getting enough attention. I'm not sure what will happen when or if a transgender person cones face to face with God to give account for how they've lived their life but I do believe God has a sense of humor. What if He suddenly said, "and who might you be?  I don't recognize you"

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

I think you're way off on your 50/50 acceptance ratio. A straight man would not be interested in the least. By definition however there may be some males interested but I won't categorize them as a straight man. As a Christian I can tell you that we are to love the person but we don't have to love the action of the person. Personally it's difficult for me to live up to. I don't like having agendas pushed my way because someone isn't getting enough attention. I'm not sure what will happen when or if a transgender person cones face to face with God to give account for how they've lived their life but I do believe God has a sense of humor. What if He suddenly said, "and who might you be?  I don't recognize you"

That is why I said "maybe 50/50 among straight men".  It is pure speculation, and there simply are not enough post-op trans women for us to have much to go on.  I am very much a straight man, and I think I would not be attracted to a post-op trans woman.  However, I concede that I have never been in a position to have to decide one way or the other.  Perspectives can easily change between sitting around talking about something on a message board and actually being face to face with it.

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

I agree with you, but I assure you that this is not a funny issue to God. Eccles. 7:13: Consider the work of God: for who can make straight, which he hath made crooked? Transgenderism is a direct slap in the face to God.

21 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I agree with you, but I assure you that this is not a funny issue to God. Eccles. 7:13: Consider the work of God: for who can make straight, which he hath made crooked? Transgenderism is a direct slap in the face to God.

Agree. God makes no mistakes. I was simply saying God does have a sense of humor. We do and we were made in His image. 

10 hours ago, alexava said:

Your right, it probably is something that should be dismissed or ignored, Although, Id almost be willing to bet that this will be more of a real thing in say 10,15 or 20 years from now. Seems like there's some great human desire to be able to shame others. As they run out of reasons to shame, a guy not willing to date a post-op trans woman will be next in line to be the new scum of the earth!

Archived