LGBT Activist Thinks Straight Men Need To Get Used To The Idea Of Dating Trans-Women

TitanTiger

So if I'm reading this right, I'm ( straight males) supposed to condition myself to become so accepting of transgendered women, that I'm supposed to be okay with dating said transgendered women, even those still with male body parts?

Why am I supposed to become okay with dating a female with a dick when I've already acknowledged that I'm a straight male with a one way exit for a back door and no other orifices where I'll willingly let her put that thing? 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have ever been interested in, flirted, or asked out a woman that wasn't a woman? 

My guess is Zero, but I'll wait. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you guys have ever been interested in, flirted, or asked out a woman that wasn't a woman? 

Zero, I hope... 

I've seen pictures of women transgendered women on the internet though and some can easily be mistakened as females at birth. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Zero, I hope... 

I've seen pictures of women transgendered women on the internet though and some can easily be mistakened as females at birth. 

I just think the fear of this happening to you heteromales is about like the chance of someone forcefeeding me a vegetable casserole. I hate vegetable casseroles. 

And Fwiw, I've seen females who looked like males. Not sure why all those media outlets that said Michelle Obama looked like a man haven't noticed Sarah Huckabee Sanders. 

25 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I just think the fear of this happening to you heteromales is about like the chance of someone forcefeeding me a vegetable casserole. I hate vegetable casseroles. 

And Fwiw, I've seen females who looked like males. Not sure why all those media outlets that said Michelle Obama looked like a man haven't noticed Sarah Huckabee Sanders. 

I don't really have a fear of this happening. I just don't think it's possible to condition straight males into thinking that womenwith male parts are the same as women at birth. 

Michelle received a bunch of backlash for everything even though she was a great First Lady. The Raptors of the world make politics unbearable at times. I thought Michelle was pretty and classy. I don't care to use this platform to insult females that naturally look like men or males that look like females. I work with one woman that wears oversized t-shirts and gym shorts down below her knees that has worked two full time jobs for 17 years running on top of calling HS volleyball matches for the last 33 years. She's a badass but she's also genuine and sweet. 

Some folks are creating something to fear. Hell, one dingbat tweets his opinion or dreams. Then the LGBT haters  act like we are embarking on a revolution to force this dream on all us normal folk. If I tweet that Carrie Underwood should not be so fixated on pro athletes and instead be attracted to people who more closely resemble Larry the Cable Guy so I would have a better chance, Carrie is going to laugh it off. Not go into a frenzy and launch a task force to end the madness I created. 

5 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

But what if the veggie casserole has transfruited into an orange with a nice beautiful rind and you don't find out until you're tasted the forbidden fruit...i mean vegetable? :-)

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

I don't really have a fear of this happening. I just don't think it's possible to condition straight males into thinking that womenwith male parts are the same as women at birth. 

Michelle received a bunch of backlash for everything even though she was a great First Lady. The Raptors of the world make politics unbearable at times. I thought Michelle was pretty and classy. I don't care to use this platform to insult females that naturally look like men or males that look like females. I work with one woman that wears oversized t-shirts and gym shorts down below her knees that has worked two full time jobs for 17 years running on top of calling HS volleyball matches for the last 33 years. She's a badass but she's also genuine and sweet. 

Chances of it happening are slim. A handful of people perhaps think straight males should accept this but there are also people that think Bama has 16 National Titles. Doesn't mean it's realistic. 

20 minutes ago, creed said:

By what if the veggie casserole has transfruited into an orange with a nice beautiful rind and you don't find out until you're tasted the forbidden fruit...i mean vegetable? :-)

I'm completely quirky when it comes to mixed food. Casseroles, soups and stews tend to put me off. 

46 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Chances of it happening are slim. A handful of people perhaps think straight males should accept this but there are also people that think Bama has 16 National Titles. Doesn't mean it's realistic. 

:bow:

On 8/6/2017 at 8:13 AM, GiveEmElle said:

Fortunately, that has not been part of my experience.  Then again, I wasn't all that wild in my dating years, so the odds weren't really there. 

I'm honestly less bothered that I might ever be in a situation where I'm finding this out after a few dates (not at all likely) than I am the attitude over it.  The notion that it's somehow bigotry to not buy into all this - so much so that straight men should be ok with dating trans women with no qualms whatsoever.  If that ever becomes the prevailing expectation for socially acceptable people, that is a problem.

51 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Fortunately, that has not been part of my experience.  Then again, I wasn't all that wild in my dating years, so the odds weren't really there. 

I'm honestly less bothered that I might ever be in a situation where I'm finding this out after a few dates (not at all likely) than I am the attitude over it.  The notion that it's somehow bigotry to not buy into all this - so much so that straight men should be ok with dating trans women with no qualms whatsoever.  If that ever becomes the prevailing expectation for socially acceptable people, that is a problem.

It's just a handful of people that think that way. There are people that think if you don't date all races your racist. People think lots of weird things. Perception isn't reality.

On 8/6/2017 at 9:13 AM, GiveEmElle said:

Well there was this bar in West Palm Beach but I'll leave at that

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well there was this bar in West Palm Beach but I'll leave at that

A guy told me he got really drunk once and stumbled into a bar he wasn't familiar with. He was enjoying himself till he figured out every one in the place was gay except him and the guy he was dancing with.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

you and that one tweet is ALL I HAVE SEEN OF THIS.

19 minutes ago, alexava said:

So two people (freaks)think you should date freaks. The world is falling apart. 

First, despite my issues with this entire concept, I don't like calling people freaks.  They are still people deserving of some basic respect and dignity, even if I think they are mistaken about this issue and in need of help that doesn't involve affirming their ideas about human sexuality.

But second, you are the only one that keeps saying things about the world falling apart.  I have not used that phrasing or even implied such.  I am simply pointing out that this line of thinking is out there and in doing so, trying to push back against it gaining more prevalence.  Every odd/different idea that eventually becomes the norm and accepted starts somewhere.  And at first, it is invariably looked at as some niche viewpoint that most would say never would gain widespread acceptance.  There was a time, for instance, that gay marriage and the idea that one could be pressured out of a job or lose one's business for failing to accept it and cater to it in some way was considered so far-fetched as to be almost laughable.  Well, that is clearly no longer the case.  Growing up the buzzword was tolerance and simply a desire for everyone to "live and let live."  We blew past that mile marker at light speed and have gone straight to the notion that if you decline to affirm and reshape society to proactively accommodate, then you are anti-gay and deserving of whatever economic, legal and societal sanctions can be brought to bear against you.

What is also clear is that the champions of the sexual revolution have now made transgenderism their cause célèbre and pushing for it using the same template that was used for gay marriage.  So I don't think it's unreasonable to point out the thinking that's going on out there on the issue and how it is being framed.  Does it mean the world is coming to an end?  No. But is it worth mentioning and beginning to offer reasonable counterarguments to it before it gains much more traction?  I don't see why that should bother you.

Archived