Clint Myers agrees to contract extension

2023....pretty optimistic.....I would like  six year contract too ;)

Sounds good. Now let's stop with the team drama and get back to the finals. 

Interesting. Do we really think Meyers wants to coach into his 70's? Thought it was surprising since he still had years left on the latest contract until 2020. Why would JJ not wait until at least next year to do an extension? 

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Interesting. Do we really think Meyers wants to coach into his 70's? Thought it was surprising since he still had years left on the latest contract until 2020. Why would JJ not wait until at least next year to do an extension? 

Maybe, because JJ wasn't sure if the new president and the PTB would retain JJ for another year?  No inside info on my part, just speculation.

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

Recruiting

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Maybe, because JJ wasn't sure if the new president and the PTB would retain JJ for another year?  No inside info on my part, just speculation.

Think both of you are correct

I believe the recruiting part, but don't think JJ operated with how the new President would deal with him. I realize it was speculation...

Got a great coach...keep him nailed down...JMO.

I bet this extension also has to do with Corey no longer being groomed as coach in waiting.  Clint wants to put us in a good place before deciding to hang up the stopwatch, thus extending his contract to give more time. Just opinion here. 

Archived