Best AU Tight End ever?

WarEagle1982

5 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Slightly...............lol if I recall Dye supported his move to BB only 

I remember a catch he made in a game his RFR year. I don't remember who Auburn was playing but Thomas laid out parallel to the ground to make the catch and I said to myself, "Who in the hell is this guy?"

As much as I loved Ed West (stated earlier) to piggyback the last two posts, I think if you put Ed West, Ron Middleton & Walter Reeves in the same jersey and played them each in consecutive series you might not notice any difference.  Pat Dye could DEFINITELY recruit TE's.  Not to mention a little bit lesser known Jeff Parks.  Very steady performer if not "great".

For sentimental reasons, for that catch in the Camback against bammer that resulted in doing the Lutzie in the end zone and for being a real leader on the first AU football team to win a consensus national championship in my lifetime, Lutz.  

Ben Grubbs, remember the goal line situations when he would go in motion.  You just know that the opposing defenses were wondering where we were going to run the ball when they ran that play.  Seriously, the best was probably Ed West and Ron Middleton both were fantastic blockers and servicable in the passing game.  Also loved Lutz as a receiver and decent blocker.  I love these "best ever" threads, they take me down memory lane....

19 hours ago, all4AU said:

There should be more mentions of Cooper Wallace. 

I remember in the IB that year CW had to play FB because about every RB AU had except for Tre Smith was hurt.

Archived