Sean White not quitting just yet

weagle06

13 hours ago, AU64 said:

Even with Lindsey I see us as a run heavy offense with passes distributed to a number of receivers ...including KJ out of the backfield.  I don't see us in an air raid type offense....still thinking ball control to some extent....with ability to mount long multi play drives. 

Do not know about long multi play drives. I am looking for Bubba to average 37.4 yards per carry out of this offense.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Yeah, or Johnson, or JF3, or Queen

Johnson nor JF3 left early thus do not count against attrition. But with Queen you are kind of right. He did transfer, and he did count against attrition, but after his first 2 years, did ANYONE see him getting any significant snaps? I know I sure didn't, and a good number on this board didn't either, so hard to put Queen in there. Woody on the other hand was an elite recruit that could of gone to Bama, Ohio State, Michigan State, Louisville, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Penn State, Oklahoma and more. He pretty much had his pick of where he wanted to go. He was an elite recruit, Queen was not. 

I will agree the entire JF3 thing makes no sense. It still boggles my mind he was signed over Evans. As well I will agree that JJ6 was a flop no one saw coming, but I attribute a lot of that to his position coach, and the lack of development he recieved while on the plains. But nevertheless he didn't transfer and does not count against attrition...him or JF3

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thanks for the response.  That was more or less a rhetorical question .....was just curious that the " failing offense" was pretty much being laid on SW...and not much mention of the impact of the anemic running game that plagued us much of the season.  

Hopefully our quarterback this year will have a running game...every game... that has the capability of keeping the defense honest.   have high hopes for J S  but if he is forced to run an offense with no running game , it could be a long year for him too.

In many ways, I am more concerned about the health of our primary running backs than whether JS  or SW starts as the quarterback. 

No running game... yeah...ok...

Its easy to blame the running game for not getting it done when you have defenses CONSTANTLY stacking the box because they don't respect our passing game. If they even half way respected our passing game they wouldn't of stacked 9 or more in the box for 90% of the snaps (just an estimate, don't someone come say it was only 80%.)

I call a spade a spade, call it what you will.

It is a luxury to have a 5th year player as a backup and we Def would like him to stick around this year. I expect him to transfer when the season ends. 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

It is a luxury to have a 5th year player as a backup and we Def would like him to stick around this year. I expect him to transfer when the season ends. 

For his sake, I really hope he gets the opportunity to go somewhere where he'll get to play. 

How weird would it be to see a former Auburn QB playing D1 ball somewhere else? Has that ever happened?

Just now, McLoofus said:

For his sake, I really hope he gets the opportunity to go somewhere where he'll get to play. 

How weird would it be to see a former Auburn QB playing D1 ball somewhere else? Has that ever happened?

You will see Woody somewhere after this season. I just hope it isn't in the SEC

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Woody wasn't very good and didn't have the attitude to make himself better. That's why he's not here anymore. I doubt that's going to get him on another D1 roster, much less starting anywhere. Crazier things have happened though. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Doubt this will be the case, but...  One of the AU beat writers that was being interviewed the other day on The Drive said he could even see SW transferring to another SEC school.  He was saying that he could see him going to Florida, Ole Miss, and a couple of others but I don't remember who.  I think that it would be stretch to think he would go to another SEC school, but I guess stranger things have happened.

2 minutes ago, lkeel75 said:

Doubt this will be the case, but...  One of the AU beat writers that was being interviewed the other day on The Drive said he could even see SW transferring to another SEC school.  He was saying that he could see him going to Florida, Ole Miss, and a couple of others but I don't remember who.  I think that it would be stretch to think he would go to another SEC school, but I guess stranger things have happened.

There are several schools in the conference that he could start for, but I wonder if Gus would allow it?

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very cool dude I'll give him that. I like the kid also, but he will have to improve his attitude towards football to ever be a big time qb. I Def want him here for this year in case Stidham gets hurt early.

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

There are several schools in the conference that he could start for, but I wonder if Gus would allow it?

He most certainly won't..I thought the NCAA had restrictions against that anyway.

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

He most certainly won't..I thought the NCAA had restrictions against that anyway.

I am pretty sure there is no NCAA restrictions but according to this http://www.athleticscholarships.net/ncaa-transfer-exceptions.htm it does appear that Gus could limit his transfer to another SEC.  Frankly, as long as it is an SEC school that we don't play, then I don't care.  

11 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I hope we do see Woody in the SEC.  I hope he never lands somewhere like Ohio State under Urban who is probably the only coach that could make him into a star.  Woody is a lazy Jeremy Johnson.  Woody can't understand or learn an offense and can't read a defense.  Actually Jeremy is a lot better pure passer they are just about the same mental wise though.  I wouldn't say Woody is as scared to get hit as JJ was though.

18 hours ago, muxi87 said:

I'd have no problem with SW going to another school on our schedule...sorry...  Now flame away...

SW at UF probably wouldn't be a bad fit...and he'd be closer to home.

I watched a replay of the MSU game last night, If SW can play the way he did in that game, or the other 5 during that streak before he was injured, and the line can keep him in one piece, I have no problem with him as the starter. But this is a slightly different offense than the Lashlee / Malzahn game of the past and he has been injury-prone. It will definitely be interesting to follow.

I would hate to see SW transfer. While SW has not proven he can stay healthy, neither has Stidham, albeit Stidham has only played one season. 

I've heard multiple times things about sw attitude. Nobody ever elaborates though, gets swept under the rug

On 7/11/2017 at 9:56 AM, gravejd said:

Should be excitement if we have a QB better than Stidham. Hate when fans start playing favorites. Give me the best guy and if the coaches get it wrong time will tell and we can meltdown then. 

You look at it wrong. White is what he is if he beats out Stidham then Stidham is a disappointment not White a surprise.

I think Stidham is physically better than SW, bigger, faster, stronger arm and will win out because of that and his work ethic. That said when healthy and allowed to run the offense SW has proven he is a very good QB. I don't understand why so many quote unquote Auburn fans seem to be against SW.  I think the thing that has made some fans to turn on him is his willingness to play when hurt but you have to realize with the options we had at QB when he was hurt he probably thought we were better off with him when he was injured than with the other QB's.  If Stidham gets hurt we will all be really happy we have SW as a backup as we will still be very good and also allow Malik to redshirt.  Stidham is the better of the two but I am real happy that SW is here this year.

1 hour ago, wde1968 said:

White is what he is if he beats out Stidham then Stidham is a disappointment not White a surprise.

There's not a single thing correct in that statement. Athletes improve... that's what practice and workouts are for. There is a possibility that a solid off season of work, combined with an offense that works far better to his strengths, turns Sean into a great QB with a more muscular frame that can take the punishment. He already had everything he needed but the long ball and the ability to take a beating. Heck, the jury's still out if Stidham has the latter. If Sean can master the long ball, he and Stidham would be closer to each other in ability than many would think. If Sean is named the starter, you can be sure it's NOT because Stidham is a disappointment.

That all being said, it's highly unlikely that he put on the necessary muscle and mastered the long ball... and Stidham will more than likely start, but saying one of the top ranked QBs of 2016, who is just a junior, "is what he is" shows a sad negative bias toward a Tiger who has performed above average for an AU QB.

On 7/13/2017 at 2:27 PM, McLoofus said:

Woody wasn't very good and didn't have the attitude to make himself better. That's why he's not here anymore. I doubt that's going to get him on another D1 roster, much less starting anywhere. Crazier things have happened though. 

Generally, if a guy does make it at his first Div 1 school he settles at a lower level.....wishing him good luck but not worried that he will ever pose a problem for AU.

5 hours ago, wde1968 said:

You look at it wrong. White is what he is if he beats out Stidham then Stidham is a disappointment not White a surprise.

Yeah I guess that's one really negative way you could look at it. All I'm saying is that if for some crazy reason white gets named starting QB then I see no reason to expect he'll fail.

Archived