What's the "must win" game this year?

RunInRed

Without question. Failure to beat 2 of the worst UGA teams I've seen them put on the field has done more than anything to put Gus squarely on the hot seat.

Gotta be Georgia. However, if we lose to Bama this year that makes him 1-4 against them. Pretty terrible for someone who was supposed to be the kryptonite to old Satan.

sooooooooo many. this is our best chance to beat clemson again FINALLY! I am sick of losing to them in close games we let slip away. I am beyond tired of going down to red stick and getting our asses handed to us since the turn of the century. Most of the time it has not even been close. But yes most of all I am tired of not only losing to georgia but just simply losing to mediocre georgia teams when we have had the better team. The last 2 years we flat out handed the game to them.

For Gus-- All of them

But for the season to began right, it has to start with Clemson.  A must win . It has to happen to get the season on the roll and the this team's confidence headed in the right direction.  Stidham and the offense clicking and the defense setting the tone with a lot of 3 and outs.  Again if Stidham is being pushed for starting job, we are in trouble.  I love Sean, but if Stidham is what i think he is, he is head and shoulders above Sean and Willis.  So a win over Clemson is vital for the whole season--- THEN the rest.  Of course Gus must win against Georgia if he wants to keep his job.  I believe we have a great chance to unseat bama this year---  If Gus doesn't screw it all up and injuries stay away.

Georgia Georgia Georgia Georgia Georgia.

What's more, the days where we could lose to them and still beat UAT are pretty much gone. To even have a chance against UAT, the team needs that extra boost of confidence.

I actually think we can survive a Clemson loss as long as we really put it together after that game. But I can't lie a win at Clemson could earn us a lot of hype and give possibly a huge confidence boost moving forward. UGA is a must win IMO but if we lose to them and turn around and beat Bama I can be more forgiving. But I'd still be pissed if that loss leaves us out of the SECC game.

I really want to beat LSU in Baton Rouge this year.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, lost said:

For Gus-- All of them

But for the season to began right, it has to start with Clemson.  A must win . It has to happen to get the season on the roll and the this team's confidence headed in the right direction.  Stidham and the offense clicking and the defense setting the tone with a lot of 3 and outs.  Again if Stidham is being pushed for starting job, we are in trouble.  I love Sean, but if Stidham is what i think he is, he is head and shoulders above Sean and Willis.  So a win over Clemson is vital for the whole season--- THEN the rest.  Of course Gus must win against Georgia if he wants to keep his job.  I believe we have a great chance to unseat bama this year---  If Gus doesn't screw it all up and injuries stay away.

If Gus truly believes we have a QB competition, its going to be another long year. .

Short answer: uga!!!!!

Clemson is forgivable. It's early, plenty of time to overcome that one, first road game, they're the defending champs, etc. 

bama is forgivable as far as them being as dominant as they have been. However a loss that late in the season to another playoff contender is very difficult to overcome as far as playoff aspirations.  Also being 1-4 against them would be a difficult pill to swallow even though everyone else is too, at best.

LSU could be somewhat forgivable if it's at night in their house. 

However it is essential that we play well, and we're very competitive in all those games. I would say it is imperative that we win an absolute minimum of one of those 3 games. 

A loss to uga this year is as close to an unforgivable loss as I can imagine.  

10 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If Gus truly believes we have a QB competition, its going to be another long year. .

He's just trying to be fair to Sean. He can't even mention Jarrett without also mentioning Sean.

49 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

He doesn't. He is trying to keep SW happy and on campus. That is the way the game is played. 

Archived