What's the "must win" game this year?

RunInRed

On 7/11/2017 at 8:48 PM, augolf1716 said:

yes damn straight especially at home. We have lost to some of the worst uga teams and it sucks

If we have already lost to Clemson & LSU on the road plus maybe another I'm not sure beating Georgia then can save Gus & company. It would then have to be UGA & Bama IMO.

On 7/12/2017 at 11:00 AM, lost said:

But for the season to began right, it has to start with Clemson.  A must win . It has to happen to get the season on the roll and the this team's confidence headed in the right direction.  Stidham and the offense clicking and the defense setting the tone with a lot of 3 and outs.

65246770.jpg

Plus the impact all that has on recruiting getting Fields & company. A new staff means no Fields & other dominos falling against us.

For me:

1. bama (every year)

2. Georgia (the last two games against them have been the hardest to watch for me mainly because of the insanity of our strategy)

"Must win"....hmmm, that kinda depends on who is asking: 

Clemson is a must win to secure the commitments we want (JF and other high profile players).

Arky and the Miss schools are must wins to keep our existing recruiting class together and prob LSU.

UGA if Gus wants to live in Auburn next year, assuming we have a very good season.  

34 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Clemson is a must win to secure the commitments we want (JF and other high profile players).

Clemson will not secure JF alone if we lose 3 or 4 other games or more but it would be one hell of a start.

UGA. If we don't beat Coach Bowlcut with Jim "Cheeseburger" Cheney calling the plays on the sideline Gus will be canned. Their offense won't be any better imo and we SHOULD be firing on all cilinders by November. 

5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

He doesn't. He is trying to keep SW happy and on campus. That is the way the game is played. 

Hope you guys are right. After some of the decisions I saw him make last year, I guess I'm a little gun shy.

11 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Hope you guys are right. After some of the decisions I saw him make last year, I guess I'm a little gun shy.

I have it on good authority if Gus starts flip flopping QBs against Clemson again, we will have a volunteer coach jump in during the 2nd quarter and prevent that train wreck.   

4 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I have it on good authority if Gus starts flip flopping QBs against Clemson again, we will have a volunteer coach jump in during the 2nd quarter and prevent that train wreck.   

LOL, If I ever see anything like that again, I may have to be permanently put on bed rest. 

Clemson would go a long way toward setting the tone.  Beat Clemson at night in "Death Valley" and LSU in "Death Valley" a couple weeks later doesn't seem soo bad.

Archived