Sooo There's More Good News Coming...

ellitor

Per Keith

About that silent commitment?

Not Monday ... I checked.

And let me point out an AU commit reached out to me ... "It's more than one silent, man."

I'm happy we have some silents but I sure would feel better, as @GwillMac6 will tell you, when they go public.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's to hoping the recruiting momentum translates into real momentum on the field come game time...but I do feel good about Monday, considering he knows where we are at safety depth. He has a legitimate shot to start from day 1.

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Here's to hoping the recruiting momentum translates into real momentum on the field come game time...but I do feel good about Monday, considering he knows where we are at safety depth. He has a legitimate shot to start from day 1.

Well if momentum on the field does not happen then the recruiting moment will be like Superman stopping a train with a punch.

Thanks for sharing this tidbit.   Kinda made my week.   I lied.   Makes July pretty special.  

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Well if momentum on the field does not happen then the recruiting moment will be like Superman stopping a train with a punch.

Provided that recruiting remains where it is in the event of momentum on the field not happening, that is.

41 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per Keith

I'm happy we have some silents but I sure would feel better, as @GwillMac6 will tell you, when they go public.

nodding_clint_eastwood.gif 

I don't think this is one of the silents but what do you think the odds are of Porter getting on James Cook?  Been quiet around the old running back mill lately. 

I'd love to put some heat on UGA for Cook, but honestly, I think Pierce is a better fit for us.

Also, if Michael Harris is the next commit, that would be huge. That guy is a stud at a position of need as well. I think he's underrated by the recruiting services to about the same degree as a guy like Carlton Davis was. To me, Harris looks like a guy that could play early.

46 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don't think this is one of the silents but what do you think the odds are of Porter getting on James Cook?

Slim. Doesn't look like he's going to visit anymore.

At RB it looks like it will be Pierce, Asa, Joiner or Smoke atm. Particularly Pierce if we get Fields.

58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don't think this is one of the silents but what do you think the odds are of Porter getting on James Cook?  Been quiet around the old running back mill lately. 

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Slim. Doesn't look like he's going to visit anymore.

Well damn! Looks like I spoke too soon. Good call Coach!...

@corchjay  And it looks like your inquiry in Cook came 40 minutes before Keith's article. Finally time to create a Cook thread.

28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@corchjay  And it looks like your inquiry in Cook came 40 minutes before Keith's article. Finally time to create a Cook thread.

using my pageant wave... lol.  I guess my "feeling" was ummm correct

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

using my pageant wave... lol.  I guess my "feeling" was ummm correct

Clearly

...bzzz. bzzz. bzzz. Light bulb comes on over E's head. You had an idea this was coming through your coaching contacts didn't you?

I had heard some rumblins about coach Porter.  Also I'm not sure Pierce is who Chip wants.  I think Chip is looking for a more "dynamic" back.  Like Martin or now Cook.  

Just now, corchjay said:

I had heard some rumblins about coach Porter.  Also I'm not sure Pierce is who Chip wants.  I think Chip is looking for a more "dynamic" back.  Like Martin or now Cook.  

Interesting. Word I've seen is if we get Fields then Pierce would be a lay up to AU. I would take Cook though & I think Martin picks Bama.

I'll take Pierce/Cook/Shivers.  Who would have thought that 6 months ago.  Pierce was bama commit, Cook FSU, and Shivers AU.  

A word to the wise... Never trust a young boy between 15-19.  They don't even know what they want.

2 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

So would our coaches be willing to take Pierce and Cook?

Good question. My guess is if Pierce commits first then yes. If Cook commits first then unlikely IMO since Cook is a complete back on his own & we have other needs.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Maybe just a general vote of confidence, but...

That was for Monday on Tuesday.

Just now, ellitor said:

And now it's Wednesday, but I was focusing on the "this class is going to be special" part of it. As in, "Sooo there's more good news."

Just now, ellitor said:

Correct.  But recruits talk and I'm sure Gus has an inside track.  From all the interwebs and scuttlebutt the signs heavily point to Fields to AU.  It will definitely have a trickle down effect.  

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And now it's Wednesday, but I was focusing on the "this class is going to be special" part of it. As in, "Sooo there's more good news."

lg_0af853-wednesday-addams.jpg

25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Coach, don't think Martin is near the top of AU's board right now. Not as the every down back like DP and Cook. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Coach, don't think Martin is near the top of AU's board right now. Not as the every down back like DP and Cook. 

I knew Chip like Martin a lot early.  What you hearing on Cook now?  Anything other then Porter making a big push?  That's really all I'm hearing.  

Archived