Arkie center still crying over last years loss

aubiefifty

Arkansas center 'not over' blowout loss at Auburn in 2016

Posted on July 10, 2017 at 4:10 PM

2 minutes

Frank Ragnow has not made peace with the dismantling Auburn handed Arkansas on the Plains last season.

The 56-3 win was the second-largest margin of victory in an SEC game in Auburn history, the program's largest win over a ranked opponent ever and featured 543 rushing yards, the most ever allowed by Arkansas.

"It's something that still me personally, I'm not over and I hope the majority of my teammates aren't over and they shouldn't be over," Ragnow said at SEC Media Days in Hoover on Monday. "It's just one of those things that it gets you eager to get back out there."

Razorbacks defensive back Kevin Richardson II didn't play in the game due to injury and while he thinks Arkansas is "leaving all those losses last year" in the past, he said the blowout Auburn game will provide motivation.

"We'll take that game at heart when we're playing Auburn because we're going to talk about how we don't want to face that feeling again because that was a tough loss, it was so lopsided," Richardson said. "But we'll handle that whenever we get to playing Auburn."

There was a pregame confrontation between the teams over Arkansas players stepping on the Auburn logo at midfield that Tigers players felt was disrespectful.

Ragnow did not recall the incident but felt there was no "ill will" on the part of his teammates.

"I don't think any of our players were trying to disrespect Auburn or anything by stepping on their logo," Ragnow said, "but I wasn't there so I probably shouldn't comment on it."

maybe you guys should look to yourself for a bad performance instead of crying because you got manhandled in a game.but blame the team that wins even tho i thought all teams are supposed to play to win............

I think that's what they're doing. I saw an interview with Ragnow where he was asked about the game, and he basically said it bothered him because he felt like their effort was lacking and that kind of outcome didn't reflect the character of the team. It sounded a lot like our guys talking about LSU after the 2011(?) season. The LSU FB commented after the game that we had given up and didn't want to talk their RBs. He said we were intentionally backing off (which probably should have been a big red flag for Chizik's future), and our guys were all asked about it the following year. To a man, they said they wanted to show they wouldn't quit or avoid contact. The 2012 LSU game was basically the only game our defense played that season, and we lost 12-10 or something like that.

I had no bad impression of what Arkansas said about last year's game. More than them, I hope our guys leave that game in 2016. We're going to get Arkansas' A+ effort this year so we'd better be ready for a real sense of urgency in Fayetteville.

A blowout like that should get that type of response. Overall Auburn wasn't 53 points better than Arkansas last season but they were on the day they played. They were embarrassed. I think they respect Auburn but their self respect is and should be greater. 

Agree with previous responses. Crying is when you displace your own shortcomings on outside factors (officiating, luck, etc.). That's not what this is at all.

Won't mind it when this one is moved to the Rivals forum. 

Both teams are going to be beat up heading in this year's game. We have LSU and they have Turds the week prior.

I caught the Arky game in person last year and had a blast.  The most important take away for me was the differential of a tired team playing a night game on the road, verses a well rested team playing a home game.  Arky was playing catch up from the first snap, and the harder they tried to catch up, the behinder they got.

So when we're playing a night game on the road let's remember what can happen to a tired team that has already been knocked around during the season, and hope that we have enough depth to weather the storm.

sorry folks. i had in my head about some arkie playing running his mouth after the game last year and i assumed it was more of the same. my speed reading needs work i guess......

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

sorry folks. i had in my head about some arkie playing running his mouth after the game last year and i assumed it was more of the same. my speed reading needs work i guess......

No apologies necessary. At the end of the day, no one really likes Arkansas anyway. 

Fayetteville on the other hand. Fun town. 

You have to feel Arkansas will come into the game with fire in their eyes. Auburn needs to come with a big fire hose and put that fire out. 

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

No apologies necessary. At the end of the day, no one really likes Arkansas anyway. 

Fayetteville on the other hand. Fun town. 

Baker Mayfield agrees !

Meh, they might as well get over it because we just gonna beat their @$$ again. But I imagine they havent gotten over it because their coach hasn't. He's the crybaby. 

Archived